Sox Fans Advise: Dan Ryan Messed Up!!

joeynach

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
http://www.danryanexpressway.com/

As part of the reconstruction from 31st st (the beginning) to I-57 (the end) the Dan ryan will be reduced to 50% capacity between 31st and the Skyway starting in March.  All express lanes will be closed and only Local lanes will be open.  This is going to be an absolute mess.

wow thats bad...ugh.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
http://www.danryanexpressway.com/

As part of the reconstruction from 31st st (the beginning) to I-57 (the end) the Dan ryan will be reduced to 50% capacity between 31st and the Skyway starting in March.  All express lanes will be closed and only Local lanes will be open.  This is going to be an absolute mess.

Heh heh, that good ole Damn Ryan, it sure was f***ed up when i was there in September, it will only be worse now......... :headshake

:gosox1:

:cheers

I bet the Tribune Company had something to do with this!!!

SUUUUURE, now that the Sox are gaining popularity, make it harder for fans to get to the games!!!!!

GRRRRRRR, I HATE the Tribune Company!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Seriously, though, this is VERY bad news for suburban/new Sox fans who only know to take the Ryan to USCF. Between this traffic disaster and the inability of Sox parking personnel to handle large crowds, I gotta say:

"I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv my monthly CTA pass......"

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
They always do something by the Sox Park on the Dan Ryan EVERY dam year, how many more years of this crap.

Right now they are re-doing the exits, which are almost done near Comiskey, and looking good to improve the flow while this takes place. Those coming IN the city for a game should be the same as it's been the past years. The problem will be the morning commute in and the afternoon out. It's going to suck more for us coming down the Ike to the Ryan to get to the park I bet...

They are also f***ing up the traffic for us who get off at Damen/Ashland. From there, I get on Archer and cruise down to Halsted. Well, the bridge on Archer, over Ashland, is gone and it sucks. I reject all this construction. Give me crumbling roads and pot-holes. Down with infrastructure.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
And it will be a clusterf***.  :usa

I suggest you get off the Eisenhower at Western - take it to 35th and ride 35th!

Even better get off on Cicero to 31st and go to Home Run Inn for Pizza before the game.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
I suggest you get off the Eisenhower at Western - take it to 35th and ride 35th!

Even better get off on Cicero to 31st and go to Home Run Inn for Pizza before the game.

:gosoxretro:

No way in hell I would get off at Cicero. That and Harlem are worse then the Ryan will ever be from 3:30 to 7 pm. Last year it wasn't too bad. Took maybe 15 minutes to get from the Ike/Ryan merge to the park in really backed up traffic. The half hour later start will probably make it about the same with the lane closures. I'm really not that concerned about it.