News From Ohio

Rex Kickass

Paul Hackett, the guy who almost beat Mean Jean Schmidt in one of the most republican districts in Ohio for Congress last year, is running for Senate this year. The Republican party, expectedly, got upset at him for saying this.

The Republican Party has been hijacked by the religious fanatics that, in my opinion, aren't a whole lot different than Osama bin Laden and a lot of the other religious nuts around the world," he said. "The challenge is for the rest of us moderate Americans and citizens of the world to put down the fork and spoon, turn off the TV, and participate in the process and try to push back on these radical nuts - and they are nuts.

He also called gay marriage amendments un-American. They asked for his apology. This is what he said instead.

I said it. I meant it. I stand behind it. Equal justice under the law for all regardless of who they are and how they were born is fundamental to our American spirit and our American freedoms. Any person or group that argues that the law should not apply equally to all Americans is, frankly, un-American."

"The Republican Party has been hijacked by religious fanatics, who are out of touch with mainstream America. Think of the recent comments by Pat Robertson - a religious fanatic by any measure - that the United States should assassinate a democratically elected leader in Venezuela, and that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment because Sharon wished to trade land for peace."

"Since the Republican Party has been utterly unable to stand for something positive, they have created an atmosphere of fear and intimidation, and have pandered to religious fanatics not to vote for something they believe in, but to vote against their fellow Americans with whom they disagree. Those among us who would use religion and politics to divide rather than unite Americans should be ashamed.

Say what you want about what he believes. But he ain't shying away from his statements. He stands for what he stands for.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice he cited Pat as his example of a Republican that has hijacked the party. How much farter from the truth can thatbe, when every Republican in the states has been running from him for some time now, disavowed him at every misstep of his, and wants nothing to do with him? He can believe it all he wants, but it is wrong.

Those among us who would use religion and politics to divide rather than unite Americans should be ashamed.

Does he think that this applies only to Republicans? If so, he is f***ing nuts.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Meh, I'm sure it's just more coordinated Dem grandstanding on MLK Day.[/Kap]

:headbang Paul Hackett

Im sure its typical leftist drivel spewed out by another leftist moron. A leftist moron who wants to run for office by hiding behind a uniform and having no qualifications whatsoever aside from his willingness to spew out whatever Howard Dean or Nancy Pelosi want him to say.

He isin't going to get elected as dog catcher in his own home town comparing Republicans to Osama Bin Laden.

You can go right on celebrating when some idiot leftist makes a crack about Republicans but we're the ones who are always laughing on election day while you and your pals cry your eyes out and allege fraud.

:chair :fight

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I notice he cited Pat as his example of a Republican that has hijacked the party.  How much farter from the truth can thatbe, when every Republican in the states has been running from him for some time now, disavowed him at every misstep of his, and wants nothing to do with him?  He can believe it all he wants, but it is wrong.

Does he think that this applies only to Republicans?  If so, he is f***ing nuts.

Yeah because, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell (the one who blamed 9/11 on the gays and feminists) James Dobson, Ralph Reed. They all had no role in creating and maintaining the GOP majority in Congress or a Republican Presidency.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 03:33 AM)
Im sure its typical leftist drivel spewed out by another leftist moron.  A leftist moron who  wants to run for office by hiding behind a uniform and having no qualifications whatsoever aside from his willingness to spew out whatever Howard Dean or Nancy Pelosi want him to say.

He isin't going to get elected as dog catcher in his own home town comparing Republicans to Osama Bin Laden. 

You can go right on celebrating when some idiot leftist makes a crack about Republicans but we're the ones who are always laughing on election day while you and your pals cry your eyes out and allege fraud.

:chair  :fight

Oh don't get me wrong, I applaud him. At least he has some balls.

But I don't appreciate getting called out.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Oh don't get me wrong, I applaud him.  At least he has some balls. 

But I don't appreciate getting called out.

Dont give me that s***. It doesn't take balls to parrot the leftist party line and it doesn't take balls to take orders from Howard Dean. This guy is nothing more than another loudmouth leftist asshole.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 03:38 AM)
Dont give me that s***.  It doesn't take balls to parrot the leftist party line and it doesn't take balls to take orders from Howard Dean.  This guy is nothing more than another loudmouth leftist asshole.

Maybe, but most of them wither away into nothingness. If he stands by his word, he'll at least get attention. Of course, maybe Flaxx is right, maybe it is grandstanding after all.

I won't go back and edit what I said, but I guess I should throw out an apology, because that totally pissed me off.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I notice he cited Pat as his example of a Republican that has hijacked the party.  How much farter from the truth can thatbe, when every Republican in the states has been running from him for some time now, disavowed him at every misstep of his, and wants nothing to do with him?  He can believe it all he wants, but it is wrong.

Does he think that this applies only to Republicans?  If so, he is f***ing nuts.

Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday III"

The national telecast to get Democrats to confirm Alito.

Dr. James Dobson - Focus on the Family

Bishop Wellington Boone - Fellowship of the International Churches The Father's House

Tony Perkins - Family Research Council

Dr. Alveda King - King For America

Rev. Herbert Lusk - Greater Exodus Baptist Church

Dr. Jerry Falwell - Liberty University

Senator Rick Santorum - The Third Ranking Republican in the U.S. Senate

Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday II"

"God Save the United States and this Honorable Court (John Roberts nomination)"

Tony Perkins, James Dobson, Robert Bork, former House majority leader Tom DeLay, Democrat turncoat and Bush endorser Zell Miller, Chuck Colson, Phyllis Schafly, William A Donohue, Harry R Jackson Jr.

Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday"

"The Prayerfest to kill the Filibuster"

Featured speakers: James Dobson, Chuck Colson (former Watergate figure turned Evangelist), and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist.

So maybe it isn't the whole Republican party. Just the leadership.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday III"

The national telecast to get Democrats to confirm Alito.

Dr. James Dobson - Focus on the Family

Bishop Wellington Boone - Fellowship of the International Churches The Father's House

Tony Perkins - Family Research Council

Dr. Alveda King - King For America

Rev. Herbert Lusk - Greater Exodus Baptist Church

Dr. Jerry Falwell - Liberty University

Senator Rick Santorum - The Third Ranking Republican in the U.S. Senate

Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday II"

"God Save the United States and this Honorable Court (John Roberts nomination)"

Tony Perkins, James Dobson, Robert Bork, former House majority leader Tom DeLay, Democrat turncoat and Bush endorser Zell Miller, Chuck Colson, Phyllis Schafly, William A Donohue, Harry R Jackson Jr.

Featured Speakers for "Justice Sunday"

"The Prayerfest to kill the Filibuster"

Featured speakers: James Dobson, Chuck Colson (former Watergate figure turned Evangelist), and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist.

So maybe it isn't the whole Republican party. Just the leadership.

What is this problem you people have with people believing in God, going to church and being religous? Stop trying to equate people who go to church with Pat Robertson and extremist idiots like him.

Or you know what? Dont stop doing that. Go right ahead and be a religous bigot. You're side is just going to pay the price again and again and again at the ballot box.

Leftist hippies dont vote, Christian Conservatives do.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
You're side is just going to pay the price again and again and again at the ballot box.

I have a feeling the power will be shifting to the Dems. It won't happen overnight but the GOP has had full control and judging by approval ratings and all the negativity linked to their party, I think they will fade for the time being.

My 2 cents.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
I have a feeling the power will be shifting to the Dems.  It won't happen overnight but the GOP has had full control and judging by approval ratings and all the negativity linked to their party, I think they will fade for the time being.

My 2 cents.

You may be right about the negativity part but you guys are blowing any chance you have to gain ground with nonsense like this. You would think by now that the Democratic party would know better than to stir up the Christian wing of the Republican party.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 04:00 AM)
I have a feeling the power will be shifting to the Dems.  It won't happen overnight but the GOP has had full control and judging by approval ratings and all the negativity linked to their party, I think they will fade for the time being.

My 2 cents.

Come on... QUIT ATTACKING THE OTHER PARTY! Then, and only then... will the Dems take back control, and I'll help them.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Did I miss something?

You missed Kap's Grand Coordinated Dem Unification Theory, in which the MLK Day comments of Ray Nagin, Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore (who did I miss?) were all carefully orchestrated components of a coordinated campaign of unknown purpose. I merely assumed Hacket's comments, made on the VERY SAME DAY (dun dun dun!!) must have been part and parcel to the same nefarious Democratic scheme.

And I don't expect, desire, or deserve an apology, Kap. I said my said your piece, you said yours.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Come on... QUITE ATTACKING THE OTHER PARTY!  Then, and only then... will the Dems take back control, and I'll help them.

It's one thing to attack the other party's ideology and another to attack with smear tactics (see Swift Boat Veterans campaign).

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 04:04 AM)
It's one thing to attack the other party's ideology and another to attack with smear tactics (see Swift Boat Veterans campaign).

nice sig

you like that?

but you don't needle... noooooooooooo not poor wittle picked on you...

wtf have we turned this place into?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)

Oh and comparing Republicans to Osama Bin Laden is not a smear tactic?!

:rolly

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)

We're still talking about the Swifties?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
nice sig

you like that?

but you don't needle... noooooooooooo not poor wittle picked on you...

wtf have we turned this place into?

HUH?? I'm confused. How am I needling? I am expressing my opinions. I am not calling people names nor being disrespectful.