Soxtalk awards

santo=dorf

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
No, they also got booted from their record label and from the collective memory of the American music-buying public.

But that should have happened back around...oh...1985. Shame it took the world so long to realize something sucked so bad.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
See, atleast I have listened to a TON of Anthrax to have based my opinion. You have only heard what...two songs? Bonehead.

Actually, I've only heard whatever they used to play on classic rock radio.

Haven't gotten around to the songs you sent me.

I was just tryin' to raise your spines and apparently I did a fairly decent job of it.

heh heh....."bonehead"..... :lolhitting

As far as Anthrax goes:

Didn't like Neil Turbin's voice or the first album.

Belladonna's voice is kind of grating but the songs were solid until they went TOO goofy with the rap stuff and the beach shorts and all that. Spreading The Disease and Among The Living are in my Top 25 of discs by anyone ever.

John Bush, while a better singer than Joey, has zero personality either as a singer or onstage. Their songs as a whole are weaker during the Bush era. It's no coincidence that the best Bush-era disc is the "cover disc" of Belladonna-era songs.