What do you write to someone who is dying?

Texsox

My favorite uncle was diagnosed with cancer, again. He has been having problems speaking on the phone from previous surgeries, so I've picked up pen and paper a few times to write him a letter and I keep coming up blank. Everything I write seems too morbid and good bye.

I am at a loss for words. Suggestions?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
My favorite uncle was diagnosed with cancer, again. He has been having problems speaking on the phone from previous surgeries, so I've picked up pen and paper a few times to write him a letter and I keep coming up blank. Everything I write seems too morbid and good bye.

I am at a loss for words. Suggestions?

When my grandmother passed away she was lucid and aware what was happening. We didn't have much time, but I went to her and grabbed hand, kissed it, and told how much I love her and that I'd see her "in the twinking of eye".

You usually don't get the chance to say goodbye to someone you care about. Don't miss this this opportuntity to let him what he means to you.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
When my grandmother passed away she was lucid and aware what was happening.  We didn't have much time, but I went to her and grabbed hand, kissed it, and told how much I love her and that I'd see her "in the twinking of eye". 

You usually don't get the chance to say goodbye to someone you care about.  Don't miss this this opportuntity to let him what he means to you.

My grandma was the same way. She had pancreatic cancer, and I was careful to schedule a trip before she went into the advance stages.