Knicks vs Bulls

On a sidenote, for the most part I agree with 101.

That said its very out of character for a guy like AD so I give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I'd like to hear what AD has to say, because for him to go into the stands I'd have to think his wife felt threatened or something.

I'm sure we'll find out more tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
On a sidenote, for the most part I agree with 101. 

That said its very out of character for a guy like AD so I give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.  I'd like to hear what AD has to say, because for him to go into the stands I'd have to think his wife felt threatened or something.

I'm sure we'll find out more tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thats exactly what I am saying. We don't know what was going on in the stands. I, for one, wouldn't expect AD to go in there trying to bust someone's head open. Now, if it was a guy like Ron Artest, it would definitely be different.

Let me clarify here. If some guy was giving the wife s***, he should be thrown in jail. AD is also known as a good guy, and isnt' some thug. But, we can't have players just running into the stands!! For any reason!! Unless the guy pulled a knife on this woman (which he didn't) this can't happen. If players are going to run into the stands every time they have a family member getting some from an idiot fan, we will have players in the stands EVERY GAME. Does this situation suck? Yes, but AD was WAY OUT OF LINE to go into the stands like that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Let me clarify here.  If some guy was giving the wife s***, he should be thrown in jail.  AD is also known as a good guy, and isnt' some thug.  But, we can't have players just running into the stands!! For any reason!!  Unless the guy pulled a knife on this woman (which he didn't) this can't happen.  If players are going to run into the stands every time they have a family member getting some from an idiot fan, we will have players in the stands EVERY GAME.  Does this situation suck? Yes, but AD was WAY OUT OF LINE to go into the stands like that.

I still disagree and I know what you mean but like I said, we still don't know the extent of the harrassment. What if we find out tommorrow morning that his wife was being sexually abused? Would you're reactions change?

The guy who got ejected looked like a little wienie anyways, She could have kicked his ass. He was probably just making sure everything was ok. But it doesnt matter, it is in the rulebook now, automatic ejection for leaving the bench and entering the stands. AD knows it, he has to. He shouldnt have done it, and his team ended up losing. Whether that had to do with him or not is doubtful but debatable still, but he still shouldnt have done it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
I still disagree and I know what you mean but like I said, we still don't know the extent of the harrassment. What if we find out tommorrow morning that his wife was being sexually abused? Would you're reactions change?

Sexually abused? Yes my opinion would change, but there is no chance that is the case. I've seen enough tape to know there wasn't a gun or knife or rape going on. I will withhold some judgement until we know more, but barring some crazy turn of events, AD is wrong and deserves whatever punishment he gets.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)

Ok just shut up now. Dont start making up wild scenarios to defend your opinion that men should rush to the aid of their wives everytime there is a disturbance. You arent even married, you have no idea. The situation was harrassment, she wasnt being sexually abused.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
Ok just shut up now.  Dont start making up wild scenarios to defend your opinion that men should rush to the aid of their wives everytime there is a disturbance.  You arent even married, you have no idea.  The situation was harrassment, she wasnt being sexually abused.

I just saw the replay of it, and it just looked like something bad was going to happen as everyone seemed to be standing up and yelling at each other. If I'm AD I do the exact same thing, instinctfully.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
I just saw the replay of it, and it just looked like something bad was going to happen as everyone seemed to be standing up and yelling at each other.  If I'm AD I do the exact same thing, instinctfully.

There we have it.

And yes kyyle, I know I am not married, but common flipping sense tell you if your family is in trouble....to, ummmm, help.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
There we have it.

And yes kyyle, I know I am not married, but common flipping sense tell you if your family is in trouble....to, ummmm, help.

Ah, Rowand agreed with you therefore it is right.

I just saw the replay. You guys are full of s***. They were all sitting down except his wife and some other lady. Totally unnecassary.

common flipping sense :headshake

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
I just saw the replay.  You guys are full of s***.  They were all sitting down except his wife and some other lady.  Totally unnecassary.

I still haven't seen it so I am just going off of what Rowand said...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
I still haven't seen it so I am just going off of what Rowand said...

This isnt a huge fight breaking out in the stands. Davis heard his wife barking back and forth with some asshole and went up to make sure he didnt f*** with her. Thats stupid, he shouldnt have left the bench. There is security in the arena to prevent that sort of thing, he wasnt rushing to the aid of his severely beaten wife.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Ah, Rowand agreed with you therefore it is right. 

I just saw the replay.  You guys are full of s***.  They were all sitting down except his wife and some other lady.  Totally unnecassary.

:huh: I definitely saw a few people standing up, he obviously saw something otherwise he wouldn't have ran up there. I mean the security did such an awesome f***in job getting there so that helped as well. I don't see how anyone could fault someone for trying to help their family. AD isn't going to see something going down and thing "well, something might happen and security still isn't there but hell..I'll take my chances.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
:huh:  I definitely saw a few people standing up, he obviously saw something otherwise he wouldn't have ran up there.  I mean the security did such an awesome f***in job getting there so that helped as well.  I don't see how anyone could fault someone for trying to help their family.  AD isn't going to see something going down and thing "well, something might happen and security still isn't there but hell..I'll take my chances.

Its not faulting someone. Its against the rules. Just like if a fight breaks out on the court, you are not allowed to leave the bench to help your teamate even if he is getting his ass handed to him. It doesnt matter, you dont leave the bench. Gail Fisher is now reporting a fine and possibly suspension is coming down the line. His dumbass action has more and more repurcussions.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Its not faulting someone.  Its against the rules.  Just like if a fight breaks out on the court, you are not allowed to leave the bench to help your teamate even if he is getting his ass handed to him.  It doesnt matter, you dont leave the bench.  Gail Fisher is now reporting a fine and possibly suspension is coming down the line.  His dumbass action has more and more repurcussions.

How come they gave him a T and no free throw?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
Its not faulting someone.  Its against the rules.  Just like if a fight breaks out on the court, you are not allowed to leave the bench to help your teamate even if he is getting his ass handed to him.  It doesnt matter, you dont leave the bench.  Gail Fisher is now reporting a fine and possibly suspension is coming down the line.  His dumbass action has more and more repurcussions.

He felt that it could have escalated, so he did what he felt was necessary to protect his wife, which is what any real man would probably do. He didn't get physical either, but he was there to make his presence felt, and I don't blame him.

And I have a feeling that he'll accept the consequences without any problems, as long as they don't get ridiculous. I bet NOBODY on his team faults him for what he did, and I don't consider it a dumbass action. As has been mentioned, he has a history of being a classy and well-respected guy in the league.

I don't know what AD saw or even thought he saw, but if he believed he thought she was on the verge of some guy taking a swing at her or something ... well, let me put it this way, I would have rushed to the defense of my EX-wife if I thought she was going to be hurt. Rules be damned.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
How come they gave him a T and no free throw?

Dont know. It was really confusing at the end there. They announced the technical foul, then gave the Bulls the ball, and that was it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Another factor into the equation. AD is widely known as one of the best guys in the NBA. I see no problem with him going into the stands.

Once it becomes OK for a player to go into the stands for a certain reason, there will be players in the stands all the time. Even if his wife was having an argument, you call security. The guards were there even before AD got there. So what exactly was he helping? What if the guy took at swing at AD? Then Eddy Curry decided to help out? Now since you think thats acceptable behavior, Ron Artest goes into the crowd to protect his brother, someone takes a swing at him, and he swings back. But its ok because he went to protect a family memeber?

Thats flat out retarded. PLayers have no business going into the stands. Remember when Bagwells wife got her hair pulled? If that was above the dugout and he saw it and ran into the stands, would that be acceptable? No. What would be acceptable is alert the guys who are paid to handle the situation, and keep your ass on the playing field. There is no excuse for a player going into the stands.

Edited by RockRaines