WE FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmr31

That we're quickly deteriorating? I sure notice it.

And I hate that we ended up 83-79. Yeah we were in a big hole and I congratulate them for climbing out, but I cant stand people who settle for mediocrity! 83-79 is mediocre. It doesnt get you into the playoffs (because the playoffs are for the good teams, not the mediocre ones). Some people here say look at that team they climbed out of a huge hole and played decently. I say they shouldnt have been in the hole to start with and they only ended up mediocre. Mediocrity is unacceptable...

To me failing to not make the playoffs each year should be considered a failure. Especially this year, this team isn't showing the talent it used to have either that or all of our players are just a bunch of guys who had fluke years.

CWSOX45

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That we're quickly deteriorating? I sure notice it.

And I hate that we ended up 83-79. Yeah we were in a big hole and I congratulate them for climbing out, but I cant stand people who settle for mediocrity! 83-79 is mediocre. It doesnt get you into the playoffs (because the playoffs are for the good teams, not the mediocre ones). Some people here say look at that team they climbed out of a huge hole and played decently. I say they shouldnt have been in the hole to start with and they only ended up mediocre. Mediocrity is unacceptable...

To me failing to not make the playoffs each year should be considered a failure. Especially this year, this team isn't showing the talent it used to have either that or all of our players are just a bunch of guys who had fluke years.

CWSOX45

Yeah, isnt making the playoffs the ultimate goal of every big league team? Really, the Devil Rays have never been anything but a failure. And since 2000, we havent succeeded either...

CWSOX45

Yeah, isnt making the playoffs the ultimate goal of every big league team? Really, the Devil Rays have never been anything but a failure. And since 2000, we havent succeeded either...

It's sad but true, the D-Rays have some good years ahead of them with their young talent and Lou Pinella as manager. In fact I'd have to say their future looks A LOT brighter than ours does.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

It's sad but true, the D-Rays have some good years ahead of them with their young talent and Lou Pinella as manager. In fact I'd have to say their future looks A LOT brighter than ours does.

CWSOX45

Ugh... :puke

Ive always said Im not going to run from the truth, and Im not going to run from the truth you have mentioned either...

ok theres 6 of us here... yasny, showtime, rps, killa , guido, and me...we just came home from the game.... this team SUCKS..........TOTALY........WE HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE PATHETIC DISPLAY OF BALL PLAYING IN OUR LIVES... THIS TEAM IS NOWHERE...............WHITE FLAG AFTER THE ALL STAR GAME.......then only thing that was positive about this is that rps thinks that steff is doo able............ :nono

Thanx for posting that. Now steff will avoid me like the plague. Jeeeeeezzzzzzz! Give you beer and a keyboard and you start all kinds of s***. :lolhitting :finger

No it won't.

This kind of thing can't last all year...and it will not last all year.  Saying this will last all year is stupid.....no offense.

Run, run, run, run, run! Always running from the truth! This team sucks. Just face reality and it wont hurt as much when theyre still here two months from now. Two months from now, it aint gonna bother me that were still under .500 because Im expecting such. Two months from now, everybody whos running from the truth thinking were still in the race is gonna jump of a building or something. We lost two straight to the Tigers. Who in their right mind thinks this team has any chance?

In 2001, we were 20-30 after May. The offense had struggled (scoring only 215 runs, or approximately 4.3 a game) and the pitching had struggled as well(allowing 264 runs, or approximately 5.28 a game). We then turned it around and played .560 ball the rest of the year, going 63-49.

Do the first two months of this year appear to look very much like the first two months of 2001? If I had to give you an answer....I'd probably say yes.

I'd actually prefer to see what is going to happen in the next 4 months then to say that we'll suck because we're playing like s*** now.

This team, right now, looks like s*** and they are playing like s***. If someone disagreed....they should be slapped. Then again....what happens today isn't necessarily going to happen tomorrow, let alone a month or two from now.

You think this team will just go into the Cubs series with no heart whatsoever? Highly f***ing doubtful.

That team had talent.

Sure buddy, when one thinks of "talent"...Clayton, Mark Johnson, Rowand, Baldwin, Parque, Howry, Julio Ramirez, Ginter, Harold Baines, Singeleton, Sean Lowe, Embree...is what immediately springs to mind.

Got any more of that cutting-edge analysis? :)

No it won't.

This kind of thing can't last all year...and it will not last all year.  Saying this will last all year is stupid.....no offense.

Run, run, run, run, run! Always running from the truth! This team sucks. Just face reality and it wont hurt as much when theyre still here two months from now. Two months from now, it aint gonna bother me that were still under .500 because Im expecting such. Two months from now, everybody whos running from the truth thinking were still in the race is gonna jump of a building or something. We lost two straight to the Tigers. Who in their right mind thinks this team has any chance?

In 2001, we were 20-30 after May. The offense had struggled (scoring only 215 runs, or approximately 4.3 a game) and the pitching had struggled as well(allowing 264 runs, or approximately 5.28 a game). We then turned it around and played .560 ball the rest of the year, going 63-49.

Do the first two months of this year appear to look very much like the first two months of 2001? If I had to give you an answer....I'd probably say yes.

I'd actually prefer to see what is going to happen in the next 4 months then to say that we'll suck because we're playing like s*** now.

This team, right now, looks like s*** and they are playing like s***. If someone disagreed....they should be slapped. Then again....what happens today isn't necessarily going to happen tomorrow, let alone a month or two from now.

You think this team will just go into the Cubs series with no heart whatsoever? Highly f***ing doubtful.

And howd they finish in 2001? With 83 wins and 79 losses? No, that is unacceptable...

Point taken.

That team also had worse starting pitching and they played in a tougher division.

We finish this month .500...at about 25-25....and play .560 baseball...we end up with 93-95 wins. That could very easily be enough to win the division.

Trust me....I'm as tired of underachieving as anyone. But I'm not ready to give up on the season after 8 or 9 weeks. Anyone remember 1995, when the M's were 13 back in August and won the division? That probably won't happen for another 25-50 years or so.....if ever....but it clearly shows that stranger things have happened before. If a team that came back from 13 games down in the division race with about 10 weeks left can get into the playoffs, why can't a team that is 5 or 6 games back in late May? Saying we should sell off the team is dumb. If this year, we do disappoint....Colon, Gordon, Thomas, Valentin, Daubach, and possibly Lee, will all be gone(as well as Rios, White, and Alomar)....and no one is counting out that anyone else could be traded.

If come the end of July, this team is 10 games out....a firesale will happen. Then and only then will the season really be over.

Wonder why cubkilla's not talkin s*** about the late night wiffle ball game in hsc's back yard ? He forgot to mention the 1 hitter shutout i threw . And Ian and i kicked his and guido's ass again as Guido snapped several times.  :lol:  :cheers  :bringit

:headbang

No it won't.

That team had talent.

Sure buddy, when one thinks of "talent"...Clayton, Mark Johnson, Rowand, Baldwin, Parque, Howry, Julio Ramirez, Ginter, Harold Baines, Singeleton, Sean Lowe, Embree...is what immediately springs to mind.

Oh yeah, just forget to leave out Maggs, Lee, Thomas, Konerko, Sirotka, Foulke, Eldred and just mention the crappy players. Also, Baldwin and Singleton werent bad players at all...

No it won't.

And howd they finish in 2001? With 83 wins and 79 losses? No, that is unacceptable...

Point taken.

That team also had worse starting pitching and they played in a tougher division.

We finish this month .500...at about 25-25....and play .560 baseball...we end up with 93-95 wins. That could very easily be enough to win the division.

Trust me....I'm as tired of underachieving as anyone. But I'm not ready to give up on the season after 8 or 9 weeks. Anyone remember 1995, when the M's were 13 back in August and won the division? That probably won't happen for another 25-50 years or so.....if ever....but it clearly shows that stranger things have happened before. If a team that came back from 13 games down in the division race with about 10 weeks left can get into the playoffs, why can't a team that is 5 or 6 games back in late May? Saying we should sell off the team is dumb. If this year, we do disappoint....Colon, Gordon, Thomas, Valentin, Daubach, and possibly Lee, will all be gone(as well as Rios, White, and Alomar)....and no one is counting out that anyone else could be traded.

If come the end of July, this team is 10 games out....a firesale will happen. Then and only then will the season really be over.

Alright, point taken there as well. But didnt we expect that this team would be easy favorites for the division? Whered those hopes go? I didnt expect a walk in the park but I didnt expect this either and I dont think anybody did. And I really dont want a firesale. Knowing how Kw hates frank, Frank will be gone for sure and I dont want that to happen. Ugh, I hate even thinking about that...

Frank will be gone for sure and I dont want that to happen.

1) KW can't just do whatever he wants -- he has to have JR's OK before he makes a trade

2) JR and Frank are close (by what I've heard), so JR wouldn't allow KW to trade Frank away

3) Frank has a no-trade clause, and can veto any trade

and 4) Nobody wanted Frank in the off-season, why would they want him now with the numbers he's put up?

Basically, don't look for Frank to go anywhere anytime soon.

1) KW can't just do whatever he wants -- he has to have JR's OK before he makes a trade

2) JR and Frank are close (by what I've heard), so JR wouldn't allow KW to trade Frank away

and 4) Nobody wanted Frank in the off-season, why would they want him now with the numbers he's put up?

Those are good points too, but JR invoked that stupid diminished skills clause this offseason so I dont think he can be trusted...

Those are good points too, but JR invoked that stupid diminished skills clause this offseason so I dont think he can be trusted...

Even if JR can't be trusted...Frank can veto any trade.

He's said that if the Sox don't want him, he'd waive it -- but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No it won't.

That team had talent.

Oh yeah, just forget to leave out Maggs, Lee, Thomas, Konerko, Sirotka, Foulke, Eldred and just mention the crappy players. Also, Baldwin and Singleton werent bad players at all...

Listen, baby jerk, I am gonna say this once:

--Siro was done in 2001 (kinda rhymes, no?)

--Thomas did diddle squat before going down

--Valentin was on DL had recurring hamsting prob and could barely walk for half a season.

--Baldwin was no All-Star in 2001.

--Singleton had like 45 RBI and 315 OBP...and got CS as many times as he SB (horrible %)

--Wunsht/Barcelo/Rauch were terrible and went down very fast.

--Howry and Embree were terrible.

--Clayton was worse.

--Kip Wells was simply awful in the second half, very mediocre overall.

--Glover was bad, way worse than he is now.

--Osuna/Wright/Ginter/Eldred/Parque/Biddle were ALL unbelievably bad.

--Magglio had a pretty mediocre year for an all-star...he was no Delgado

--I trust Mark Johnson/Josh Paul are known commodities...wink-wink

--Dvid Wells had a medicore season and went down as well.

--Harold f***in' Baines...not pretty

(Lee/Konerko/Buerhle are constants so they don't count, brother)

--Foulke was the only thing that was significanly better then. Durham and DJ are a wash and so are Crede/Perry when you consider defense, range and arm especially.

How can you say that team was obviously more talented is beyond me, especially considering 2001 had a tougher division and more health problems. Check that, considering that between you and bmr there is pussy hair worth of baseball knowledge, I am not surprised one bit. I honestly think you don't know (or don't care) the difference between "severe underachiving" and "lack of talent"

Well we won a f***ing baseball game,what do you know.  Can anyone give me the details?  I had to go out of town around the top of the 9th inning.

Well, so when you left it should have been 5-5.

Glover, Koch, and ummm...someone else maybe pitched scoreless ball, and in the 12th Crede came up and hit a 3-run bomb to win it.

That's basically the story, heh.

Glover, Koch, and ummm...someone else maybe pitched scoreless ball, and in the 12th Crede came up and hit a 3-run bomb to win it. 

Did he get the 3 run shot off sparks?

Crede hit a walk-off dinger.

Maybe you should go out of town more often?  :huh:  :D

Hey, no kidding!! At work, everytime i leave the building, our sales just explode. I told my team that i should never show up!!!!!!! Which, by the way, works for me. ;)

Did he get the 3 run shot off sparks?

Yes.

We had a guy on 2nd (2 out), and PK came up, and they decided to walk him and get to Crede, and on a 2-1 pitch, Crede took it out to left, about 10 feet over the wall.

Hawk and the crowd went pretty nuts.