angelo's dinner with t.o.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
T.O. was quoted as saying "while it was a good dinner, it would have been at a better place if Ted Thompson(Packers GM) was at the table instead."  :P

then he said the meeting abruptly ended when angelo did not pass him the salt quickly enough.

Damn thats really interesting. if they sat down, JA must be serious about considering TO as an addition.

I love TO the player and this would definately be a risky move, but its one I could live with assuming Rex and the players give the okay.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
T.O. later accused Angelo of leaving the meeting early, saying that Angelo was "dry heaving" as the time ticked down towards the arrival of the desert course.

This really got me chuckling, as well as the salt comment.

Seriously though, TO would be a great addition for a year contract to prove his worth.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
I'd love to see T.O.'s reaction when Grossman goes down and Orton has to come in to throw to him.

He would undoubtedly just find someone to yell at.

It's probably a good thing Ron Turner calls the plays from upstairs.

I will go on record right now, January 19th, 2006, as saying I fully endorse the signing of Terrell Owens.

The guy knows how to makes plays on the football field. He is simply one of the best wide receivers in professional football. He could be facist, anarchist pigs. It still wouldn't change the fact that the Bears don't have a car...er...receiver.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
I will go on record right now, January 19th, 2006, as saying I fully endorse the signing of Terrell Owens. 

The guy knows how to makes plays on the football field.  He is simply one of the best wide receivers in professional football.  He could be facist, anarchist pigs. It still wouldn't change the fact that the Bears don't have a car...er...receiver.

^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
I think TO would be a god pickup for certain teams with certain coaches and particular QB's but I think Lovie Smith isn't that coach and I think TO would eat Rex Grossman alive

Honestly, I think he would love Grossman(if he stays healthy), but would hate Mushin Muhammed for dropping all those goddamn balls. TO would make Orton look like god.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
I rather have my Cowboys pick him up. I'll give Angelo mad credit for having the balls to go after T.O.

i like that he's at least checking it out. i've always wished angelo thought more creatively when putting together the team (think kw), and this is the first example i've seen of that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
I rather have my Cowboys pick him up. I'll give Angelo mad credit for having the balls to go after T.O.

I wouldn't, in fact if I was a fan of any team I wouldn't want them to go anywhere near this cancer.

Not to mentione we've got an aging WR group anyways. We should be thinking about drafting another WR. Signing Owens will take playing time away from Patrick Crayton as well.