NBA fines Bulls GM John Paxson

NEW YORK (AP) - Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Thursday for verbally abusing referees after a loss to Denver.

Paxson tried to confront the officials after the Nuggets beat the Bulls 97-94 Monday night in Chicago.

The Nuggets attempted 41 foul shots to the Bulls' 12 in the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5261530

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 05:28 PM)
I doubt there's a fan in basketball who would complain about a guy on their side receiving one of those fines.  Hell, if Pax asked all of the Bulls season ticket holders to put up $1 to cover it, Ib et they would.

Wouldn't he be about $10,000 short?

Not specific to this game, but I always laugh when I read about an inbalance in free throws and it somehow implies the refs did a bad job. If the free throws should balance, why not just issue them before the game? Sometimes one team does commit more fouls, doh!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)

Wouldn't he be about $10,000 short?

Not specific to this game, but I always laugh when I read about an inbalance in free throws and it somehow implies the refs did a bad job. If the free throws should balance, why not just issue them before the game? Sometimes one team does commit more fouls, doh!

I dont really like complaining about fouls either, because the Bulls as a team are not good at drawing fouls while attempting shots, but I will have to say that Kirk Hinrich gets killed in the lane almost every night and rarely gets calls. Skiles goes absolutely apes*** when it happens too, I usually notice when Red and Dore start talking about him.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
I dont really like complaining about fouls either, because the Bulls as a team are not good at drawing fouls while attempting shots, but I will have to say that Kirk Hinrich gets killed in the lane almost every night and rarely gets calls.  Skiles goes absolutely apes*** when it happens too, I usually notice when Red and Dore start talking about him.

I don't like the complaining mostly because of how long it's been going on, but hopefully it serves its purpose and the Bulls get a few calls so that we don't have to hear it anymore.

But the truth is that this team has no inside presence and rarely penetrates. Kirk oftentimes drives in looking to kick it out, not necessarily to draw contact to get to the line. And their are NO superstars to get star/veteran calls. They have no reason to expect to ever get more calls than most other teams.

By the way, there isn't a call that Red and Dore don't want to go the Bulls' way. :P