Willie Harris

TLAK

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 04:54 AM)
The OF defense of Manny, Willie and Trot Nixon would be absolutely brutal. Nice to see other AL playoff teams get worse and the white sox better

Willie isn't too shabby in CF. He doesn't have a strong arm that I know of, so basically it's Johnny Damon's defense back in CF.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
That's funny, cause I thought when the White Sox non-tendered Willie and Timo, it was a sign that the offseason was a success.

I can understand him saying that about Willie. The question is...would he say that if they also signed Timo?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
I can understand him saying that about Willie.  The question is...would he say that if they also signed Timo?

Considering it seems the Red Sox have NEVER made a bad move, I'm not sure. I'll always appreciate Willie for the 8th inning of Game 4 of the World Series. Besides that, he was a pretty mediocre player, in my opinion. As someone mentioned earlier, if he was only as good as he thought he was, he would have been a special player.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
low risk, high reward - the red sox offseason continues to be a success.

High Reward? You've got to be kidding.

I'm about the biggest Willie supporter on this site, and I would never classify any move that involved keeping/adding Willie as high reward.

Sure, it's not a mistake of a signing. Willie is a serviceable major league player, one who if used right can be very productive for a cheap price, but he's never going to be better than, say, league average.

Since it's a non-guaranteed deal, No Risk, Little Reward would be a better classification of the deal.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)

I'm about the biggest Willie supporter on this site, and I would never classify any move that involved keeping/adding Willie as high reward.

Sure, it's not a mistake of a signing. Willie is a serviceable major league player, one who if used right can be very productive for a cheap price, but he's never going to be better than, say, league average.

Since it's a non-guaranteed deal, No Risk, Little Reward would be a better classification of the deal.

Yessssssssssss, he didn't flame me for it :headbang

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)

so you think we have seen the best of willie harris? many people believe that he hasn't came close to reaching his potential, me included, and as yasny rightfully said, the guy is a very talented player, its because he knows that which hinders him...

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
so you think we have seen the best of willie harris?  many people believe that he hasn't came close to reaching his potential, me included, and as yasny rightfully said, the guy is a very talented player, its because he knows that which hinders him...

Willie Harris' potential = Pokey Reese's potential...and you see how that turned out. Willie can be a good defense replacement and part-time 2B for someone, but, yeah, that's about it.

That's what happens when you think you're Joe Morgan and you act like Harry Morgan...or Jaye P. Morgan...

Get off your Red Sox high horse and realize that you have done LITTLE, that's right, LITTLE, to improve your chances of being more than a first round exit playoff team.

Have fun struggling to make the playoffs while the AL Central sends two teams to the playoffs next year.

By the way, don't forget the ALDS sweep. It always feels good to talk to you about that.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Willie Harris' potential = Pokey Reese's potential...and you see how that turned out.  Willie can be a good defense replacement and part-time 2B for someone, but, yeah, that's about it. 

That's what happens when you think you're Joe Morgan and you act like Harry Morgan...or Jaye P. Morgan...

pokey reese is hardly a good comparison for willie harris. GHC, please?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Get off your Red Sox high horse and realize that you have done LITTLE, that's right, LITTLE, to improve your chances of being more than a first round exit playoff team.

Have fun struggling to make the playoffs while the AL Central sends two teams to the playoffs next year.

By the way, don't forget the ALDS sweep.  It always feels good to talk to you about that.

how is this clown an admin? an absolute embarrassment to soxtalk this guy is. show some class for a change.