The plot thickens

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to say what that video shows since its a small section so the context can be manipulated but it certainly sounds like a different story than we all heard early this morning. Whether his wife started it or not, it really doesn't make Davis' actions any better or worse because how the hell was he going to know. In fact, maybe, just maybe, he went into the stands to stop her from hitting the fan. Just a thought

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
its hard to say what that video shows since its a small section so the context can be manipulated but it certainly sounds like a different story than we all heard early this morning. Whether his wife started it or not, it really doesn't make Davis' actions any better or worse because how the hell was he going to know. In fact, maybe, just maybe, he went into the stands to stop her from hitting the fan. Just a thought

It didn't make it any better or worse, but if he got suspended for his wife being a b****, you better believe she's the one sleeping on the couch if he's in the house at all during those 5 days. I'd be pissed.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
It didn't make it any better or worse, but if he got suspended for his wife being a b****, you better believe she's the one sleeping on the couch if in the house at all during those 5 days. I'd be pissed.

Also remember...he's losing what, $500-$800k because of that?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
But, I definatley understand why he went into the stands.

Well she could have been sexually abused, right?

Stupid move on AD's part. And its only getting worse. I still want to know why Larry Brown and AD keep mentioning that she was pushed. Everytime I see a different angle, ADs wife is in her seat surrounded by people or she is in the guys face.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)

It certaintly disproves any notion he was intoxicated--as AD indicated. The fan didn't appear drunk on the video.

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to latest opinions from the NBA analysts who were incredibly quick to defend Antonio Davis. They were unwilling to even suggest his wife may have been the one responsible for starting the altercation. It was, "David Stern is being a bully and suspending Davis for defending his wife." What, did everyone forget his wife is a crazy b****?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
It certaintly disproves any notion he was intoxicated--as AD indicated. The fan didn't appear drunk on the video.

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to latest opinions from the NBA analysts who were incredibly quick to defend Antonio Davis. They were unwilling to even suggest his wife may have been the one responsible for starting the altercation. It was, "David Stern is being a bully and suspending Davis for defending his wife." What, did everyone forget his wife is a crazy b****?

Not that it is a fact, but during his interview on the news tonite he maintained that he didnt drink at the game, and NEVER drinks at games.

Of course, the guy who threw the cup of beer at artest in Detroit didnt admit it until he was brought before a judge with video evidence.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 07:40 AM)
ESPN had 2 fans that were nearby the incident saying  a completely different story.  The fan was getting pissed off because she would get up and cheer everytime the Knicks would score or something.  He said something to her w/ an expletive, and that's when she started getting in his face.

Suggesting someone to sit the f*** down-- or whatever variation was used, doesn't give her probable cause to act like a crazed woman. If that's her defense, that million dollars will be his by the end of the trial. Factor in numerous eyewitness accounts of her literally touching the man's face and body. Only contact he initiated was pushing her hand away from his face.

after hearing numerous accounts of this, it's clear to me that this was just a case of two adults behaving badly. mrs. davis has a right to get up and cheer the team she's rooting for, just as mr. axelrod has the right to ask her to sit down. i've seen situations like this happen often at just about every kind of game i've attended.

it's clear to me that both allowed the situation to escalate past the point it should have. in this respect, security should have been on the seen quicker than they were. reports i've heard say they did not arrive until a.d. was on the scene.

regardless, as much as i like a.d. his actions have made this more of a story than it probably needs to be.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that the video in the link I posted shows anything conclusive. Last night on the news they showed ANOTHER angle which clearly shows her in his face, poking his cheeks and maybe not yelling, but giving him a lot of 'attitude'. As someone else suggested, it sounds like this woman has a rep for being a live wire, maybe AD went into the stands to keep her from going ape s*** :huh

More details here:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-davis20.html

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
that vid shows nothing. she obviously wasn't yelling at him. she didn't hit him, he didn't hit her. all it shows is him looking for security while it looks like she is telling him to calm down.

She looks like she is yelling to me while she has his hands all around his face and head just to be an annoying asshole.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
after hearing numerous accounts of this, it's clear to me that this was just a case of two adults behaving badly. mrs. davis has a right to get up and cheer the team she's rooting for, just as mr. axelrod has the right to ask her to sit down. i've seen situations like this happen often at just about every kind of game i've attended.

it's clear to me that both allowed the situation to escalate past the point it should have. in this respect, security should have been on the seen quicker than they were. reports i've heard say they did not arrive until a.d. was on the scene.

regardless, as much as i like a.d. his actions have made this more of a story than it probably needs to be.

I agree she has the right, but if she does then she has to expect something to be said to her if she is on the road against a known rival. Axelrod did not get out of his seat to confront her. Why she felt the need to do that is beyond me.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
I agree she has the right, but if she does then she has to expect something to be said to her if she is on the road against a known rival. Axelrod did not get out of his seat to confront her. Why she felt the need to do that is beyond me.

well, it happens. you mean to tell me you've never seen anything like this happen at a game before?

it was adults behaving badly. she didn't need to confront him and he didn't need to tell her to sit the f*** down. that word really starts a lot of people.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
Sun-Times

The guy has plans to become a lawyer. Her not retracting that he was drunk and attacked her could be slanderous to his future. I'm sure if she admits she lied and is in fact a raging lunatic he'll be happy.

it's interesting. dan patrick had a guy on his show yesterday who is in the video and was sitting near the incident. he said the guy had "definitely" been drinking. the guy said he wasn't, and said he "never" drinks at games.

hmm.

Just another thing to think about, everyone forgets the initial reaction to the Pistons brawl was of sympathy to the players and villified the fans (the NBA Shootaround crew was the only ones workign who could over it). Then Steven Jackson and Ben Wallace sort of got off the hook a bit in public opinion and it became the "Ron Artest incident" and the fans actually got off the hook a bit too. Just goes to show that a story can really change int he days and weeks to follow