The plot thickens

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2299677

If the Davis' apologize, he'll drop the suit.

This is interesting. Will Davis take a hit in his "street credibility" to apologize to some frail, balding white boy? For a million dollars he sure as hell should.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
well, it happens. you mean to tell me you've never seen anything like this happen at a game before?

it was adults behaving badly. she didn't need to confront him and he didn't need to tell her to sit the f*** down. that word really starts a lot of people.

Where did I say that I have never seen it before? I have never seen a player jump into the stands in order to stop it though. And then claim that the man was drunk and assaulting his wife.

He didn't need to tell her to sit the f*** down? Why not? Why didn't he need to tell her that? If she is ruining his enjoyment of the game why doesn't he need to tell her that?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
Axelrod was just on Chicago Tribune live as a guest.  The kid is definitely getting swept up in his 15 minutes.

Did you see him on the front page of today's Sun Times? He's totally posing and looks like he's on the cover of a cheesy boy band album.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
He didn't need to tell her to sit the f*** down? Why not? Why didn't he need to tell her that? If she is ruining his enjoyment of the game why doesn't he need to tell her that?

because civil adults don't act that way. when you swear at someone, you are escalating the conflict and inviting it to be taken to another level. that was unnecessary.

the guy i heard on dan patrick's show who was right there (he was in the frame in a blue shirt) said davis's wife was getting stoked, standing up and cheering for her team. the guy told her something to the effect of "hey lady, sit the f*** down." if you tell me that, we have a problem. if you say it nicely, we don't.

i'm not saying davis's wife was right. she wasn't. neither was axelrod. as i said, adults behaving badly.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
because civil adults don't act that way. when you swear at someone, you are escalating the conflict and inviting it to be taken to another level. that was unnecessary.

the guy i heard on dan patrick's show who was right there (he was in the frame in a blue shirt) said davis's wife was getting stoked, standing up and cheering for her team. the guy told her something to the effect of "hey lady, sit the f*** down." if you tell me that, we have a problem. if you say it nicely, we don't.

i'm not saying davis's wife was right. she wasn't. neither was axelrod. as i said, adults behaving badly.

I can't count the number of times I've has some rude asshole jump in front of me while watching a game. You should be considerate of those around you.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)

Thats basically how I see this situation.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)

And like I said before. If you are on the road at a rival's stadium cheering for the road team then you should expect something like "sit the f*** down" in the very least. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't be going there. That is pretty simlpe. If you are doing it at my home team's stadium I wil tell you that every single time. You can either have fun with that or you can have a problem with it. If you want a problem out of that, then I would be more than happy to supply you with one. Axelrod acted like a normal fan would. Davis' wife did not.

Jim's daughter told me at dinner last night that Davis's wife ownes a dress shop in downtown Naperville and a year or so ago Jim's son's now wife went in there to shop and Mrs. Davis was not so nice. Seems she has a habit of confrontational behavior. :huh

There is also a rumor that they are building a house in the Hobson Pond neighborhood (Hobson & Washington) which pisses me off cause we are looking at property there to build a new house.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
There is also a rumor that they are building a house in the Hobson Pond neighborhood (Hobson & Washington) which pisses me off cause we are looking at property there to build a new house.

:o :o :o

Do know by chance know where they currently live?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
And like I said before. If you are on the road at a rival's stadium cheering for the road team then you should expect something like "sit the f*** down" in the very least. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't be going there. That is pretty simlpe. If you are doing it at my home team's stadium I wil tell you that every single time. You can either have fun with that or you can have a problem with it. If you want a problem out of that, then I would be more than happy to supply you with one. Axelrod acted like a normal fan would. Davis' wife did not.

I see this all the time at the Met with visting fans standing & cheering for other team, but with kids in the crowd I refrain from saying those type of words. There is no reason to use that word with kids around.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
I see this all the time at the Met with visting fans standing & cheering for other team, but with kids in the crowd I refrain from saying those type of words.  There is no reason to use that word with kids around.

You and I both agree on that. However, it does not seem as the majority of others do. From my experiences anyway.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)

well that is where you an i differ. i don't go about the business of swearing at people i don't know just because i don't like what they are doing.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
well that is where you an i differ. i don't go about the business of swearing at people i don't know just because i don't like what they are doing.

You are correct. That is where you and I differ. We also differ because you seem to think that is justification for acting as Kendra Davis did. It is not. Not in the least. After hearing Steff's report about her and other's reports out of Toronto we can both see that she has a history of this sort of stuff. She also has a history of stating that other people say things first. So know we have to choose who to believe. By looking at her history and seeing her on tape I will choose not to believe her.

You think this:

and said if she touched him at all it was only to place a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him.

"All I kept saying to him was `Dude, relax. Go to a happy place,'"

would actually calm someone down? We both know that if she really did this she was not trying to calm her down. She was trying to antagonize and annoy him. He kept his cool as she was doing this and putting her hands all around his face. All he did was signal for security.

Edited by southsideirish