pete rose q and a

thedoctor

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
Peter Rose was a glorified singles hitter AND a degenerate gambler.

IMO, he belongs in the HOF as much as I do.

Yeah, 4000 hits is no big deal, since most of it was singles. :headshake

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)

Singles or no Singles. He hit over 4200 of them. How many do you have? I mean it's only the all time record.

So Lawrence Taylor is a junkie and he's in hte Football Hall of Fame

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)

Ty Cobb was a glorifed singles hitter AND beat the s*** out of people. Why is he a hall of famer?

Tony Gwynn was a glorified singles hitter too...and he only had about 1200 fewer hits than Pete Rose did in his career.

Pete Rose belongs in the baseball hall of fame a little more than you do. He hit major league pitches a hell of a lot more than you ever did in your life, so just for doing that he deserves to be in the hall of fame more than you.

I don't think Pete Rose should be reinstated. Heck he lied about betting baseball after denying it all these years. I used to think he should be reinstated until it turned out he lied about the whole thing

Reinstate Shoeless Joe yes, Pete Rose No.

Edited by whitesox1976

Rose was retired as a player before any wrongdoing was alleged or proven.

He got more hits than anyone who ever played the game in the major leagues.

He deserves to be banned for life for what he did after his playing days, and he deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame for what he did during his playing days.

Agreed 100%

I mean as I said look at Lawrence Taylor, I think he got arrested 3 or 4 days before being inducted in the Football H.O.F. I mean he was a Junkie. But they looked at his playing days.

Rose played the game hard and has the hits record. He deserves the Hall. I mean the Absolut leader in hits in the History of the game not in the Hall????

rose was a bum. always has been, always will be. what is this from him now, reverse psychology? "i dont really care anymore...i swear", like that will get him in?

bottom line, rose gambled on his own team while he was a manager. absolutely dispicable. he should continue to be banned, even if it did take him 20+ years simply to come clean.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 06:55 AM)
rose was a bum. always has been, always will be. what is this from him now, reverse psychology? "i dont really care anymore...i swear", like that will get him in?

bottom line, rose gambled on his own team while he was a manager. absolutely dispicable. he should continue to be banned, even if it did take him 20+ years simply to come clean.

:notworthy