Who is your favorite Character?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Character?

• Michael Scott (Steve Carell)
    • Dwight Schrute (Raine Wilson)
    • Jim Halpert (John Krasinski)
    • Pam Beesley (Jenna Fischer)
    • Ryan Howard (B.J. Novak)

Since Steff got a little guff for bringing this up in the "Office Space" Thread, and I also love the US version of the Office, I thought a poll was in order for this show. The show started kind of slow in its first season, but season two has been getting better and better. Everyone seems to be easing into their roles and the characters are all being developed.

And last nights show was hilarious, Steff. When Jim told the "Whats up Dog?" joke, and Michael couldnt get it right I was laughing my ass off.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Ricky Gervais.  ;)

From what I understand, he is just as involved in the US version (behind the camera that is) as he is in the UK version of the show. He is very funny, no doubt. I love Steve Carell though. That guy came out of nowhere to be my favorite comedian, starting with his scene on "Bruce Almighty" where Jim Carrey manipulated the words coming out of his mouth during a news broadcast. Then it was one thing after another, Anchorman, 40 year old virgin, The office....

What I like is that they are bringing along the back characters slowly, but they are still a big part of the show. The girl who is hooking up with Dwight is a great character, I love how noone noticed anything going on between them.

And if anyone watched last night and saw what happened with Dwight and his gay co-worker, that was probably the funniest moment of the entire show last night.

I LOVE the U.S. version. That hour with My Name is Earl is my favorite TV night of the week.

Steve Carell is hysterical on the show. Last night when he tried to comb his hair like Jim's was hysterical.

The two funniest things I've seen on TV in awhile were the Booze Cruise episode when Michael was dancing and the episode where they talked about him having his jeans drycleaned and showed a montage of him dancing around in jeans.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Oscar just vaulted way up my list after last episode, but I think so far Jim is my favorite.

Is Oscar the balding fat guy who has great one-liners like "I picked myself in the secret santa gift exchange"?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Is Oscar the balding fat guy who has great one-liners like "I picked myself in the secret santa gift exchange"?

Oscar is guy who often recieves predjudice remarks from Michael about his Latin background. The thing that I dislike about his character is that the writers don't utilize how insanely funny that actor (Oscar Nunez) can be. If you've ever seen the two 'Reno 911!' episodes where they do terrorist training, then you know what I'm talking about. Go here Reno 911! and watch the movie called 'Chemical Shower' to get a slight idea.

My favorite charater is Ryan. It is one character where they definitely took a departure from the original Office and put an entirely different spin on how he interacts with Michael. B.J. Novak is a real funny guy too and has written a handful of the episodes, all of them being the funnier ones.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Oscar is guy who often recieves predjudice remarks from Michael about his Latin background.  The thing that I dislike about his character is that the writers don't utilize how insanely funny that actor (Oscar Nunez) can be.  If you've ever seen the two 'Reno 911!' episodes where they do terrorist training, then you know what I'm talking about.  Go here Reno 911! and watch the movie called 'Chemical Shower' to get a slight idea.

My favorite charater is Ryan.  It is one character where they definitely took a departure from the original Office and put an entirely different spin on how he interacts with Michael.  B.J. Novak is a real funny guy too and has written a handful of the episodes, all of them being the funnier ones.

Oh yeah, Ryan is developing into a really funny character. He knows he doesnt have enough seniority to talk back to michael, but he never wants to listen to Michael because he is an idiot.

I was laughing so hard when Michael burned his foot on his Foreman grill and was trying to get Ryan to rub his feet, among other things.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
And last nights show was hilarious, Steff.   When Jim told the "Whats up Dog?" joke, and Michael couldnt get it right I was laughing my ass off.

I could not stop laughing when they were at the soda machine and he goes "how's the PA....M situation going.. ". And when he was in his office messing up his hair... and explaining the Hooter's check. LMAO.. hysterical!!!

I love the guy that plays Dwight. Loved him on Six Feet Under also.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
I could not stop laughing when they were at the soda machine and he goes "how's the PA....M situation going.. ". And when he was in his office messing up his hair... and explaining the Hooter's check. LMAO.. hysterical!!!

I love the guy that plays Dwight. Loved him on Six Feet Under also.

I saw him (Raine Wilson/Dwight) on a late night show the other night, It might have been Conan, and he is just as strange as Dwight is. You can tell it isnt a stretch to play Dwight for him. He is really funny though, I like that sort of humor.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
Oh yeah, Ryan is developing into a really funny character.  He knows he doesnt have enough seniority to talk back to michael, but he never wants to listen to Michael because he is an idiot. 

I was laughing so hard when Michael burned his foot on his Foreman grill and was trying to get Ryan to rub his feet, among other things.

LOL, the foreman grill episode was so funny, seeing the car crash and ...ahh, this show is brilliant...i really was worried it wouldn't translate in the US but they got the right actors. Cause Coupling sure as hell didn't translate well. Coupling was so funny and the US version was PAINFULLY boring....

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
LOL, the foreman grill episode was so funny, seeing the car crash and ...ahh, this show is brilliant...i really was worried it wouldn't translate in the US but they got the right actors. Cause Coupling sure as hell didn't translate well. Coupling was so funny and the US version was PAINFULLY boring....

Yeah, Dwight being normal and nice to everyone was really funny. My favorite part was when Pam hugged him goodbye at the end, because she knew he wouldnt be like that again. LOL, there is at least 3 parts in every episode that just crack me up. Im really looking forward to the DVD collections