Well, I finally asked...

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
PA, was it you that asked for suggestions on how to pop the question?  Care to share yours?

yes, and sure.

the background: I kinda play guitar and write songs, which I've done both for fun and as a profession. I've written a few songs about Miss PA over the 3 years we've been dating, and she loves when I play and sing for her. I knew writing her a song for the evening was #1 on the priority list; ironically, I wrote it thursday night...the night before :)

the prep work: I wanted to make her dinner and have a nice evening to ourselves. I also knew that a TON of candles would make the evening even better. So I went to walmart and bought a dozen or so nicer candles for the mantel and table, and then 100 tea lights to illuminate the path from my front door, up the stairs to my apartment, into my apartment, down the hallway into the kitchen/main room. I also knew I needed to make something to hold each tea light. So I cut out 2"x2" cardboard squares and covered them in tin foil. All the while I'm looking up recepies, and finally decided on a turky/black bean chili. I know, so romantic, but I just spent $$$$ on a ring, so I was left with those ingredients :lol: Made a salad, and picked up some wine and ameretto sour ingredients. She just turned 21, so believe it or not, she's just learning about alcohol.

the implementation: I had to work til 7pm last night, so I had a buddy meet me at my house so I could give him instructions. At 8pm, I picked Miss PA up. When we were ready to leave, I "checked my phone for messages" and texted my friend to start lighting candles. Our plan was to go out to Friday's or something to get dinner and a drink, but "uh oh, I forgot my wallet...I must have left them in my other pants I had on for work". At home, I told her I needed to "go to the bathroom" so she might as well come up for a few minutes.

I openned the door to go up the stairs...and candles are lighting the path.

We go in and I tell her that I couldn't just go out for her birthday because I wanted to do something nice for her. We have dinner and it turned out great. After dinner she asked what we were doing next. So I had her sit down in one chair while I sat and played her three songs: "I'll Be" by Edwin Mccain, which is a favorite of hers. "Same Star" which I wrote for her about us nearly 3 years ago, and then the song I wrote the night before. That song ended with "will you marry me?"

and then I put down the guitar, got down on one knee, and asked her again.

she said yes :)

hope you enjoyed. Every little detail was perfect. It could not have been better.

edit: I have better pictures on her camera, those are from my cell phone.