Brooks Boyer to be on the Score

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
He did say that game 3 will be when the Sox "present the fans the World Series Trophy." No idea what that means exactly.

He meant game three of the first home series. It's a great idea to hold the ceremony after opening day, which is a guaranteed sell-out. Either Game 2 or Game 3 would have been ideal, since they're both mid-week afternoon games averaging 12,000.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
He meant game three of the first home series. It's a great idea to hold the ceremony after opening day, which is a guaranteed sell-out. Either Game 2 or Game 3 would have been ideal, since they're both mid-week afternoon games averaging 12,000.

Game 2 will draw - it's the ring ceremony.

I emailed Brooks about a week ago and this is what he said

Mike,

Good to hear from you and I hope all is well,

Game three we will do something with the Trophy and hopefully, have a mini trophy giveaway. Banners day one. Rings day two.

As for Buehrle, it is my understand that he will not be at SoxFest because it is the tail end of his honeymoon. Do not hold me to this as I have not been involved in the scheduling of players.

See you at the Fest,

Brooks

i hope this helps

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Thats also a game in a split season ticket package. Game 2 being sold out is not out of the possibilities.

The first three should be very full. I plan on attending all three and I know lots of people going to as many of the first three as they can.

Did anyone ask him if they're planning on bringing back any of the players who were traded away for the ring ceremony if their team isn't playing that day? That's what the BoSox did with a couple guys last year. If no one knows this...what's his email? I'll ask.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Did anyone ask him if they're planning on bringing back any of the players who were traded away for the ring ceremony if their team isn't playing that day?  That's what the BoSox did with a couple guys last year.  If no one knows this...what's his email?  I'll ask.

Please let Arow come back. :pray