Red Sox trade for Coco Crisp

nitetrain8601

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
now this is where we can start arguing.  if a player is an above average defensive centerfielder, and ranks fourth among major league centerfielders offensively in all of the major leagues, that doesn't qualify him as being a "top centerfielder?"

i mean, with all due respect (not to ssh, but you) many people here have been calling joe crede a "top third baseman" and he was statistically one of the worst?

You just proved my point. Joe Crede is a good defensive 3B, offensively, he is not close. That is the same situation with crisp.

You keep changing your tune, he is better defensively, offensively, lead off, not lead off. This was your position:

All star lead off hitter: He is garbage batting lead off

Defensively superior in Cf: Not really, he isnt even top ten in the AL, good in LF, bad in CF

Offensively gifted for a CF'er: This you are correct about, he would rank about 4th for CF'ers in the AL, but not in both leagues.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Oh but what about when you said that???

You said all star lead off man.  Doesnt that mean he would be leading off?

ah, that must have been after i read the globe and herald articles that angered me which said that he'd be pencilled into the lead off position, when i've been suggesting all along he bat second.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
you, nor rock, have successfully used a quote of mine against me.

as a side note:  people should be forced to take iq tests before being eligible to post.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Dont go calling us dumb because you changed your argument. I quoted you above saying that Crisp would be a perennial all star at the lead off position. Now are are saying that you never said that. That is effectively disproving you with your own statements.

as a side note:  people should be forced to take iq tests before being eligible to post.

As a side note, you are a homer. Get off your high horse. Last season, you were spouting about how good Damon was in CF. Now that Damon is gone and Crisp is rumored to be heading to Boston, he's the greatest CF ever. Give it a rest.

This is your first quote

coco crisp was rated the best defensive left fielder in the game last season according to hardball times metrics, and his statistics translated to the centerfield position show just how good this youngster is.  not only is he the best player involved in this trade, with the way his offseason training regimen is going, he might be one of the upincoming perennial all-stars in this league at the leadoff position .

Then you made this statement

the only thing i mentioned with the words 'leading off' and 'coco crisp' in it was that he should bat second with loretta leading off.

Now you say this

Who really needs the IQ test there buddy.

Im done with you, go back to SOSH

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
Whoa whoa whoa. 

Dont go calling us dumb because you changed your argument.  I quoted you above saying that Crisp would be a perennial all star at the lead off position.  Now are are saying that you never said that.  That is effectively disproving you with your own statements.

He's thrown a lot of insults out in the last few pages.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
Whoa whoa whoa. 

Dont go calling us dumb because you changed your argument.  I quoted you above saying that Crisp would be a perennial all star at the lead off position.  Now are are saying that you never said that.  That is effectively disproving you with your own statements.

whoa whoa whoa.

dont put words in my mouth. i never called you dumb. infact, i enjoy arguing with you when your not trying to argue for the sake of arguing which you are doing here. all ive said all along is that i believe coco crisp would be a top major league centerfielder. i never stated top three, i never stated top five, i never stated anything.

i just happen to believe he's an excellent kid whose performed extremely well before even entering his prime and will continue to grow into a top centerfielder in this game for whomever team he plays for.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
As a side note, you are a homer.  Get off your high horse.  Last season, you were spouting about how good Damon was in CF.  Now that Damon is gone and Crisp is rumored to be heading to Boston, he's the greatest CF ever.  Give it a rest.

more words put into my mouth. you are absolutely pathetic.

please find the quote where i "spouted about how good damon was in cf." there is no such quote. i have not liked damon since the 2004 offseason, and i grew a near hatred for the man last season.

its funny to think that you'd be so familiar with my feelings of damon last season when you joined on october fourth, my birthday, the day the regular season officially ended.

you are an idiot, you are a joke, you dont belong on this board. end of story.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
This is your first quote

Then you made this statement

Now you say this

Who really needs the IQ test there buddy.

Im done with you, go back to SOSH

i've been adament about how i felt towards coco crisp from the moment i was asked. i think he's a top of the line centerfielder, whether that be in the lead off spot where the red sox would place him, or some place else.

i need no such iq test, and dont say your done with me, because you'll argue with anybody anytime just for the sake of doing so.

for the record, the sky is blue. *awaits rocks response that the sky is not blue*

And you are not a White Sox fan. Everyone here has known your true favorite team since your crybaby s***-fit when the White Sox swept Boston. Jesus, I don't post about the White Sox at SOSH. I could care less if you post here but leave the homerism at the door.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
He's thrown a lot of insults out in the last few pages.

none towards rock. his only fault is the fact that he'd argue anything and everything just for the sake of doing so.

i like rock, infact. its ssh whose been outspoken about his feelings towards me all along who ive countered with true statements regarding his intelligence or lack thereof.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
And you are not a White Sox fan.  Everyone here has known your true favorite team since your crybaby s***-fit when the White Sox swept Boston.  Jesus, I don't post about the White Sox at SOSH.  I could care less if you post here but leave the homerism at the door.

stop talking until you've done the following:

please find the quote where i "spouted about how good damon was in cf." there is no such quote. i have not liked damon since the 2004 offseason, and i grew a near hatred for the man last season.

its funny to think that you'd be so familiar with my feelings of damon last season when you joined on october fourth, my birthday, the day the regular season officially ended.

im not going to let ssh ruin this thread. this non-trade is what this should be all about, not comparing shamelessly scott podsednik and coco crisp.

as of right now there is no trade. we can expect something to be worked out, but it will be interesting to see which team decides to just move on.

I can't find a quote because the search engine doesn't work. I'm sure you know this though. I could care less though. You have shown your homerism enough times that I don't need any proof. COCO CRISP IS THE GREATEST CENTER FIELDER EVER!!!

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
I can't find a quote because the search engine doesn't work.  I'm sure you know this though.  I could care less though.  You have shown your homerism enough times that I don't need any proof.  COCO CRISP IS THE GREATEST CENTER FIELDER EVER!!!

more words being put in my mouth. coco crisp is not the greatest centerfielder ever, nor did i ever hint at that. i do however believe he is a top centerfielder which i've said all along.

please, stop talking and do the impossible task of finding that quote. until then, can it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
I think that Coco Crisp would fill a huge hole for the Red Sox if he can play good defense as an everyday center fielder.  But if the Red Sox end up keeping Andy Marte, I'm sure he will turn into an All-Star third baseman in the future.

See, now this I can step in and argue a little bit.

If I'm building a team...I probably hold onto Marte. Why? Because I personally don't have the budget of the Yankees or the Red Sox. However, if I'm building a team with their budgets and the expectation that I need to win 90-95 games and get to the playoffs every year...I think I have to make that deal, for 1 simple reason; the fans expect it.

When I'm spending that kind of money, I just can't go into the season with a AA ball level player in Center Field. No matter who else I have in that lineup, it's just going to make me a laughingstock. Didn't the Yankees try that with someone like 2 years ago and wind up losing a couple of games because the guy was booting everything? That might even have been last year.

If the Red Sox can get something which will help them compete this year...that's good enough for them. Why? Because even though they won't have Marte @ 3rd base in 07-14, their cash resources will let them find someone who can do a decent job there. All they need to do is bring in youth every now and then at 1-2 positions, such as the bullpen, to make the rest of their team a little more affordable (like the Y ankees with Cano) and they'll be in good shape if they don't make any other boneheaded personnel decisions, like trading for a Kevin Brown or something like that.