"I'm somewhat concerned"

DonkeyKongerko

I woke up this morning and this is the kind of crap I have to read. The Detroit Tigers get their first shutout in the season in their 47th game. The starting pitcher in his last start gave up 5 runs to the Cleveland Indians. When asked about their struggles Jerry Manuel says he is "somewhat concerned". Arrrrrrrrrrrgh wtf is wrong with this guy seriously!?!?! He has no emotion you could shoot him and he might be somewhat concerned. This team needs a wakeup call of all sorts and this is the guy who is supposedly leading the way. This guy makes me sick. Bring me the head of Jerry Manuel. :angry: :fyou :angry:

I woke up this morning and this is the kind of crap I have to read.  The Detroit Tigers get their first shutout in the season in their 47th game.  The starting pitcher in his last start gave up 5 runs to the Cleveland Indians.  When asked about their struggles Jerry Manuel says he is "somewhat concerned". Arrrrrrrrrrrgh wtf is wrong with this guy seriously!?!?! He has no emotion you could shoot him and he might be somewhat concerned.  This team needs a wakeup call of all sorts and this is the guy who is supposedly leading the way.  This guy makes me sick.  Bring me the head of Jerry Manuel. :angry:  :fyou  :angry:

He's as good as gone, if were Jerry Manuel I'd just resign after this series. Losing 2 out of 3 to Detroit is a disgrace.

CWSOX45

A few days ago someone else on this board said, words to the effect, that Wally Backman will be in the bigs next year--Book IT. I have to agree. So sometime in the next week or three, we should hire him to finish 2003 and manage through 2004 so that he can determine who he even wants on this team, instead of trying to figure it out in ST next March. He probably has a better idea of who's worth keeping from our minor league teams. Bring up Capra next year as a coach, too.

I wonder why Thomas sat and Konerko played at DH? Mr. Double Play did it again on Saturday. I agree something needs to be done to bring in somebody that might jump start this team. I think it might need to be a trade rather than a managerial move though.

I woke up this morning and this is the kind of crap I have to read.  The Detroit Tigers get their first shutout in the season in their 47th game.  The starting pitcher in his last start gave up 5 runs to the Cleveland Indians.  When asked about their struggles Jerry Manuel says he is "somewhat concerned". Arrrrrrrrrrrgh wtf is wrong with this guy seriously!?!?! He has no emotion you could shoot him and he might be somewhat concerned.  This team needs a wakeup call of all sorts and this is the guy who is supposedly leading the way.  This guy makes me sick.  Bring me the head of Jerry Manuel. :angry:  :fyou  :angry:

JM is so laid back he could care less , he has no heart just like his players

JM should of said, "To Say I'm somewhat concerned would be an understatement. This team isn't lifeless but they aren't producing. I can't blame myself, and I can't blame an individual player. This is a team effort, I'm part of the team and were all failing to do our jobs. If something doesn't change we'll all be out of work, and I'm gonna start by stepping down as manager of the Chicago White Sox. I hate to do it, but this team needs a spark and I have had no such luck. I love these guys and I love the experience I got here, but I just haven't gotten the job done"

A few days ago someone else on this board said, words to the effect, that Wally Backman will be in the bigs next year--Book IT.  I have to agree.  So sometime in the next week or three, we should hire him to finish 2003 and manage through 2004 so that he can determine who he even wants on this team, instead of trying to figure it out in ST next March.  He probably has a better idea of who's worth keeping from our minor league teams.  Bring up Capra next year as a coach, too.

Jim, that makes way too much sense for this organization.