Cubs sign Wade Miller

ChiSoxJoe

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
If you take the fact that it is the Cubs out of the equation, then signing Miller is for that amount is a good low risk, potential high reward gamble.  Just because it's the Cubs does not make this a bad move.

Are you implying that White Sox fans have a biased hatred for the Cubs?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
i agree, if we made this move then people would be praising KW for the "low risk high reward" move that kenny loves to make.

i like the move if i'm a cubs fan

Sure, Miller has good upside and it is cheap, but if I'm a Cubs fan I still look at the rotation of Zambrano, Prior (which is obviously a very good top 2), Maddux, Rusch, and Williams to start the season and see glaring holes. Miller and Wood can come back by may, but then again they may not come back for awhile, and then there is what Baker said at the Cubs Convention that they don't know if Wood will come back as a starter or in the pen. Hendry said after this move that the Cubs are done with pitching moves, which would concern me a little if I was a Cubs fan.

Is it a bad move? No, like you said, "low risk high reward," but if KW does it he would be the 7th starter or a right hander in the pen along with Hermie and Cliff.