iMouse

RibbieRubarb

Personally, I beleive this is a great move for Disney. Pixar will still retain creative control over their product and Steve Jobs will be placed on the board of Disney. He might have enough power to take over as Chairman and be in control of the Walt Disney Company and Apple. I think they should hand over control to him, he has the drive and vision to be another Walt Disney.

The possibilities are endless.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060124/ap_en_...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

I see this as something that Disney had to do. Pixar has become their lunch ticket, and when they had that public split a year or so ago, there were lots of different stories coming out saying that Disney was pretty upset because their big movies have come out of Pixar technology in the past 10 years.

Kind of sad though. We all must start preparing ourselves for direct to video/DVD Pixar films.

From what I've heard the head of Pixar will head up Animation at Disney. i think Pixar has earned the right to stay relatively independent in what they can do. And with Jobs as the majority shareholder, Pixar will be the same.

As for Jobs being Chairman, I believe he has stated that he doesn't want to run a media company. Of course, that may all be grandstanding and if they offer it to him, he just may take it. I hope he does...he's got a real lust for life and all things successful. Great move by Disney.