Top 10 prospects

BHAMBARONS

BA's list comes out tomorrow

I will give my top 8 list and see tomorrow how they stack up (Omitted BMAC, Jenks)

1. Anderson, Brian

2. Sweeney, Ryan

3. Broadway, Lance

4. Liotta, Ray

5. Fields, Josh

6. Valido, Rob

7. Tracey, Sean

8. Owens, Jerry

The other 2 spots I am deciding between Reynoso, Fields (P), Lopez, Rodriguez, Munoz, Haeger, Rogowski, Getz, Pollok and a few others

How deeply did it pain you when composing that list?

Can the organization mend the loss of a trio I assume would make out at least the top five or six in Young-Gonzalez-Haigwood?

Despite coming from near-obscurity in 2005 would Haigwood have competed for that final lefty spot on the Sox ML roster?

I dont understand how everyone thinks Broadway is such a high prospect he hasnt even played a half a year of pro ball and when he did play he threw terrible.  Pro ball is a lot different than college.  Plus its not like he is a overpowering pitcher he throws 85-89 with a little movement i have seen this in person.  I understand he was the first round pick, but lets not give credit he doesnt deserve.

1.  Anderson(good all around talent)

2.  Liotta(nasty stuff)

3.  Owens(unbelievable talent)

4.  Valido(the best player in the organization)

5.  Rogowski(stills needs to hit for more power)

6.  Fields( less strikeouts)

7.  Tracey(quality number 2 or 3)

8.  Sweeney(young and raw)

9.  Munoz or Haeger(flip a coin)

10. Broadway(first rounder)or Reynoso (6'5 and lefty throwing 95)

Edited by knowitall

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
How deeply did it pain you when composing that list?

Can the organization mend the loss of a trio I assume would make out at least the top five or six in Young-Gonzalez-Haigwood?

Despite coming from near-obscurity in 2005 would Haigwood have competed for that final lefty spot on the Sox ML roster?

1.) Well the top part of the list wasn't bad at all but it gets very shaky the further down the list to where BA might take any one of 5-10 players for those final 2 spots.

2.) Yes I believe we can Dave Wilder is still the best when it comes to the farm system. With the departures comes the chance for other Haigwoods to step up and perform, the system after Liotta, Broadway, Lummy is very thin so the opportunity to step is there. I also think the Sox's will go pitching heavy in this year’s draft.

3.) Well I have heard Reynoso is competing for the job so if that is the bar, then yes Haigwood would have had a chance, but in all likely hood Haig would have been in the Knights rotation.

QUOTE(knowitall @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
my bad, sorry

No problem..

I don't know if it's fair to say he threw terribly. I used to have doubts about Broadway myself but the fact is he put up decent numbers during a stretch of innings that were at the backend of his longest season ever. The K/IP, K:BB, and HR/IP were all fine. Maybe we should expect a little more from our #1 draft pick in A ball, but like I said his arm was probably fatigued. He may be a little high on my list, but when I compare him to others in our system, I have more certainty about him making an impact at the highest level.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
You guys are forgetting a top prospect on that list, he will be very highly ranked tomorrow.  I'll let you guys figure it out.

Baseball America's Top 10 Prospects lists are based on projections of a player's long-term worth after discussions with scouting and player-development personnel. All players who haven't exceeded the major league rookie standards of 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched (without regard to service time) are eligible. Ages are as of April 1, 2005.
Most of us ignore his prospect status because of service time. I don't think he should be listed because he's ineligible for RoY awards, and played such a large part in the Sox success down the stretch last year.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
Yeah I agree, that is why I omitted both on my list I believe I wrote that on the top of the list

at the end of teh chat wrap in the indians top ten prospects chris kline said this....

Chris Kline: All right everyone, I'm OUT. Need to finish up the Directory so we can get it out the door. Thanks for the boatload of questions and I'll see you in the spring. Phil Rogers checks in on Wednesday with the White Sox . . . where will Jenkity-Jenks rank???? I'm as intrigued as you are . . . Have a great day--CK.

lumsden is the guy that everyone is leaving off their prospect lists hes coming off a surjury and who knows if he will ever regain that amazing arm that he had i hope he does for the white sox sake. If he is healthy he will make a impact at the major league level in 2007.

Edited by knowitall

QUOTE(knowitall @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
lumsden is the guy that everyone is leaving off their prospect lists  hes coming off a surjury and who knows if he will ever regain that amazing arm that he had i hope he does for the white sox sake. If he is healthy he will make a impact at the major league level in 2007.

He still needs a year to return to form. He has to be left out of the Top 10 during that time. He has the capability to be a top prospect, but he ranks somewhere in the 15-20 range with his injury right now.

QUOTE(knowitall @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
lumsden is the guy that everyone is leaving off their prospect lists  hes coming off a surjury and who knows if he will ever regain that amazing arm that he had i hope he does for the white sox sake. If he is healthy he will make a impact at the major league level in 2007.

Probably the best left handed arm in the system, if not the best arm in the system. Really like his stuff, its just a matter of him staying healthy.