Artest NOT NOT Traded

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, enoughs enough. I'm sticking up for Artest.

The Pacers screwed him over in this. No one communicates with him, no one tells him (or his agent, who he's told is handling everything) about this move. They don't approach him and they don't communicate they just do it all behind his back.

Plus the whole freaking reason Artest demanded a trade was because they went around his back and were trying to deal him to Sacremento earlier in the season. He didn't want to go there so he figured he could demand a trade and than find a way to get to a team he wants.

Sure he's a crazy SOB, but I see nothing wrong with him trying to make sure he goes to a place he wants to play. The Pacers have the responsibility to talk to Ron's agent and he should be involved in this. They do that and he's probably already in Sacremento.

They screwed the pooch and I'm sick of everyone slamming Artest. He's done a lot of stupid s***, but this wasn't his fault.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
Alright, enoughs enough.  I'm sticking up for Artest.

The Pacers screwed him over in this.  No one communicates with him, no one tells him (or his agent, who he's told is handling everything) about this move.  They don't approach him and they don't communicate they just do it all behind his back.

Plus the whole freaking reason Artest demanded a trade was because they went around his back and were trying to deal him to Sacremento earlier in the season.  He didn't want to go there so he figured he could demand a trade and than find a way to get to a team he wants. 

Sure he's a crazy SOB, but I see nothing wrong with him trying to make sure he goes to a place he wants to play.  The Pacers have the responsibility to talk to Ron's agent and he should be involved in this.  They do that and he's probably already in Sacremento.

They screwed the pooch and I'm sick of everyone slamming Artest.  He's done a lot of stupid s***, but this wasn't his fault.

So you truly believe every player should be told when and who they are being traded to? Back before owners were pussies and gave in to what a player had to say none of this would happen. He should realistically have no say in what team he plays for until he is a free agent. Even then he would come up with something 3 months into the season '' someone twisted my arm''. :crying

The pacers do not have to involve him in s*** and he should have been suspended without pay for every game he missed. I wish owners and gms grew some testicles.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Alright, enoughs enough.  I'm sticking up for Artest.

Seriously? :huh:

The Pacers screwed him over in this.  No one communicates with him, no one tells him (or his agent, who he's told is handling everything) about this move.  They don't approach him and they don't communicate they just do it all behind his back.

Who is he that they have to tell him? What has he done for the organization to merit that sort of respect? Far better players who have done far more for their organizations have been traded and made much less of a mess of it. It's common knowledge that the NBA is a business and being traded is part of that business. Small price to pay for the millions upon millions that they're making. Why b**** when you already know how things work? Move on to a different profession if you don't like it.

Plus the whole freaking reason Artest demanded a trade was because they went around his back and were trying to deal him to Sacremento earlier in the season.  He didn't want to go there so he figured he could demand a trade and than find a way to get to a team he wants. 

It was pure speculation. Why do you think he turned around and said he changed his mind and wanted to stay with the team? He found out he was making an ass out of himself over speculation and tried to go back. He has done nothing in the NBA to gain the status of the type of player that deserves to have a say in where he should go. The pacers stuck by him after all of his bulls*** last year, and this is how he repays them.

They screwed the pooch and I'm sick of everyone slamming Artest.  He's done a lot of stupid s***, but this wasn't his fault.

Actually, he screwed them over. He lashed out without even knowing if the rumors were true or not. They were surprisingly loyal to him after last year, yet he dicks them over once again. He's a disgrace to his profession.

You guys are dead wrong. I fully understand its a business, but both parties screwed the pooch on this deal. First off Peja was informed via the media. Not classy or cool. I realize you have to get a deal done but when a player has demanded a trade typically they get say.

Thats just the way it is. Personally I'd be all for suspending Artest without pay and all that, if he did something wrong this year. He didn't. The Pacers jumped the gun.

You still have the right and obligations to communicate with an agent and give them some info (not when a name initially comes up) but its part of what makes a GM classy and well liked and another not.

If you are honest with your players, you'll find out that you'll get more players interested in joining the organization. Why do you think no one wanted to come to the Bulls when Krause was here near the end. That and Jordan bad-mouthing us (freaking prick).

Artest has a lot wrong with him, but just like the TO thing, the final straw was really weak. What TO said to finally get his ass kicked off the team was nothing, imo.

Players should have no say who they go to in a trade ( i hate no trade clauses in baseball) and do not need to be notified about anything until it is final. End of story. If it hurts their feelings that bad they can always jump around in their money to ease the pain.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
You guys are dead wrong.  I fully understand its a business, but both parties screwed the pooch on this deal.  First off Peja was informed via the media.  Not classy or cool. I realize you have to get a deal done but when a player has demanded a trade typically they get say.

Thats just the way it is.  Personally I'd be all for suspending Artest without pay and all that, if he did something wrong this year.  He didn't.  The Pacers jumped the gun.

You still have the right and obligations to communicate with an agent and give them some info (not when a name initially comes up) but its part of what makes a GM classy and well liked and another not.

If you are honest with your players, you'll find out that you'll get more players interested in joining the organization.  Why do you think no one wanted to come to the Bulls when Krause was here near the end.  That and Jordan bad-mouthing us (freaking prick). 

Artest has a lot wrong with him, but just like the TO thing, the final straw was really weak.  What TO said to finally get his ass kicked off the team was nothing, imo.

You're wrong. As has been said, until he's a free agent, he has no say, period. For his f'in agent to pull the crap he did (leak it to the media to say Artest wanted to meet the Kings ownership first before he'd accept a trade) was CRAP.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
You're wrong.  As has been said, until he's a free agent, he has no say, period.  For his f'in agent to pull the crap he did (leak it to the media to say Artest wanted to meet the Kings ownership first before he'd accept a trade) was CRAP.

He has no official say, but that doesn't mean he has no "Leverage". There is no clause in any NBA contract I know about which says you have to give your 100% best game every single outing. There's no clause I know about which is going to penalize you for yelling at the refs and getting a Tech called on you, giving the other team free throws, at critical moments in close games. If you really want to be a malcontent...you can still do it and really hurt your team in the process.