"It Isn't Early Anymore!"

elrockinMT

I don't have the opportunity to see how the Sox play daily by TV or attending the games like some so I don't know how they look in the field, how they react in the dugout, intensity, etc

After a shutout by Detroit I have to believe the players are looking inwards and we'll see if their shame translates into a team effort to win. Will the beaning of C Lee bring them together? Will Wright step up today and pitch well? Monday, Buerhle goes in Toronto. Will he regain his form? I get to watch the game on Monday via ESPN2 so I will be anxiously waiting to see how the Sox look. Are the a team troubled or are they a team pulling together? If we lose today and nothing good happens Monday, which starts this 14 game road trip. Well, all I can say is I agree with DB's statement-"It isn't early anymore."

I don't have the opportunity to see how the Sox play daily by TV or attending the games like some so I don't know how they  look in the field, how they react in the dugout, intensity, etc

After a shutout by Detroit I have to believe the players are looking inwards and we'll see if their shame translates into a team effort to win. Will the beaning of C Lee bring them together? Will Wright step up today and pitch well? Monday, Buerhle goes in Toronto. Will he regain his form? I get to watch the game on Monday via ESPN2 so I will be anxiously waiting to see how the Sox look. Are the a team troubled or are they a team pulling together? If we lose today and nothing good happens Monday, which starts this 14 game road trip. Well, all I can say is I agree with DB's statement-"It isn't early anymore."

We are almost 1/3 of the way through the season. Daubach is EXACTLY right. We are just luck that MN hasn't buried us yet. By all rights we should be 10 games behind.

I don't have the opportunity to see how the Sox play daily by TV or attending the games like some so I don't know how they  look in the field, how they react in the dugout, intensity, etc

We are almost 1/3 of the way through the season. Daubach is EXACTLY right. We are just luck that MN hasn't buried us yet. By all rights we should be 10 games behind.

If there is any saving grace here it is the fact we play in what might be considered the weaker division. We are only 6 1/2 games out and if these guys ever play to their potential we can turn it around. But, your right we could have been buried already and would have in any other division.

The only crime is that Daubach had to sit another 3 consecutive games after having a good day against Twins. Bad Manuel, f***ing with a good player's timing like that. Yesterday he crushed another couple of balls, a would-be double and a 2-run homer, no luck whatsoever.

The only crime is that Daubach had to sit another 3 consecutive games after having a good day against Twins.  Bad Manuel, f***ing with a good player's timing like that. Yesterday he crushed another couple of balls, a would-be double and a 2-run homer, no luck whatsoever.

Right now there is no way I sit Daubach, every time he is up he is hitting the ball hard. You don't bench guys like that.

What does JM know about that though, he benches Jimenez one of our best hitters against lefties while letting Jose, who absolutely sucks against lefties (and righties in my mind), face them.

I have said that over and over, but there a still a few holdouts reaching for straws :huh:

Are you referring to Jose or the Sox or what?

I've been saying Jose stinks ever since we got him. Even in 2000 I was never a fan of his. I have problems with the entire building block of this team. The organization never seemed to preach obp or fundementals with their position players (At least under the Schueler regime).

Damn it, its now 1-0 Tigers on a Higgy homer. Or I think it was Higgy. Higgy is a damn good player. I'd trade Konerko's salary for Higgy's. Higgy is a much better player then Konerko, all around.

Damn it, thats back to back homers now. Also it was Kevin Witt who hit the first one. Eric Munson with the second won.

I've been saying Jose stinks ever since we got him.  Even in 2000 I was never a fan of his.  I have problems with the entire building block of this team.  The organization never seemed to preach obp or fundementals with their position players (At least under the Schueler regime). 

Damn it, its now 1-0 Tigers on a Higgy homer.  Or I think it was Higgy.  Higgy is a damn good player.  I'd trade Konerko's salary for Higgy's.  Higgy is a much better player then Konerko, all around. 

Damn it, thats back to back homers now.  Also it was Kevin Witt who hit the first one.  Eric Munson with the second won.

I talking about the SOX, and people saying it is still SO early , with is all BS

I've been saying Jose stinks ever since we got him.  Even in 2000 I was never a fan of his.  I have problems with the entire building block of this team.  The organization never seemed to preach obp or fundementals with their position players (At least under the Schueler regime). 

Damn it, its now 1-0 Tigers on a Higgy homer.  Or I think it was Higgy.  Higgy is a damn good player.  I'd trade Konerko's salary for Higgy's.  Higgy is a much better player then Konerko, all around. 

Damn it, thats back to back homers now.  Also it was Kevin Witt who hit the first one.  Eric Munson with the second won.

I talking about the SOX, and people saying it is still SO early , with is all BS

Its not early, I can't say this more often 2 months isn't a slump its a Trend. A trend means we freaking suck right now. No more excuses, this team blows. The reason they blow, they play bad baseball. This team has freaking horrible fundementals and no team can overcome that or at least not many.

Its not early, I can't say this more often 2 months isn't a slump its a Trend. A trend means we freaking suck right now. No more excuses, this team blows. The reason they blow, they play bad baseball. This team has freaking horrible fundementals and no team can overcome that or at least not many.

I agree but get ready for the stones, :huh:

We don't win in '00 without Valentin.

I say we win with Royce there. The Sox won in 2000 because of the entire team, take on guy away they still win in my mind.

I dont' want to start a debate though. Jose was fine in 2000 I guess, but we would never win the series with him at shortstop and we never will.

I say we win with Royce there.  The Sox won in 2000 because of the entire team, take on guy away they still win in my mind. 

I dont' want to start a debate though.  Jose was fine in 2000 I guess, but we would never win the series with him at shortstop and we never will.

Unless you want to spend $10M+ for a SS, Jose is about as good as you're gonna get. Aside from Nomar, Miguel, A-Rod, and Jeter, who would you take ahead of Jose?

I say we win with Royce there.  The Sox won in 2000 because of the entire team, take on guy away they still win in my mind. 

I dont' want to start a debate though.  Jose was fine in 2000 I guess, but we would never win the series with him at shortstop and we never will.

Unless you want to spend $10M+ for a SS, Jose is about as good as you're gonna get. Aside from Nomar, Miguel, A-Rod, and Jeter, who would you take ahead of Jose?

Well I'd rather have Itzuris or Alex Cora and they make jack didly butkus.

I'd also rather have Eckstein, who makes jack and was a minor league free agent, quite a bit like Aaron Miles. I'd take Woodward over him in Toronto. There are actually quite a few avg shortstops that are way better then Jose in my mind who don't make 4.5 million. He is grossly overpaid.