scary, very scary

MarkBuehrle_TheAce

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Based on Bond's playoff career, if the game is on the line and there is 2 outs and I need a hit, I do NOT want Barry Bonds at bat.

That doesn't answer the question.

Willie Harris or Bonds? Timo Perez or Bonds?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
It would be more embarassing WHEN you are handing me $1,000.00.

How/when do you want me to prove you wrong (again)?

the online bet means nothing. Quit posturing, you have been so wrong in your last couple arguments its just silly

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
Why don't you ask me if I'd rather have Konerko or Bonds? At least they're comparable talent-wise!

The same could be said about Buehrle and Santana, or Buehrle and Clemens, or Buehrle and Halladay.

And you still haven't answered that question.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
Why don't you ask me if I'd rather have Konerko or Bonds? At least they're comparable talent-wise!

because he is comparing outfielders, just like you were comparing pitchers, randomly with the criteria being whether they were in and won a world series. Come on lawyer, stay with the flow.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
It's a stupid question!

I'm not comparing Clemens to Felix Diaz, I'm comparing all stars with all stars!

Can you see the point?!

Stupid questions deserve to be answered too. Something you still haven't done.

And according to you, since Willie has better postseason numbers, and Timo has comparable numbers, you'd rather Willie than Bonds, and you'd just as soon take Timo than Bonds.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
C'mon "Mr. Know-it-All". Get $1,000.00 together (if you can), pick a place to meet, I'll show you my ARDC card, take your money, emasculate you even further, and send you on your way!

If trying to get personal with me is your way out of getting flamed for your crappy outburts be my guest. Internet liars are a dime a dozen.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
So then ask me to compare Barry Bonds with Ichiro. They are outfielders who played in a WS.

Ichiro was never in a world series. Keep changing the argument Steve, its just funny to watch now

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Malatov threads. 

Add one seemingly benign topic, mix in one SBIMI, three regular posters, and watch the thread explode.

I believe it's spelled Molotov, after the Russian Foreign Minister in the 30's-40's. :D

Once again...Betting is open on number of posts after this one before this thread is closed!

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
Stupid questions deserve to be answered too.  Something you still haven't done.

And according to you, since Willie has better postseason numbers, and Timo has comparable numbers, you'd rather Willie than Bonds,  and you'd just as soon take Timo than Bonds.

*sits back, kicks up feet, grabs popcorn*

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
I believe it's spelled Molotov, after the Russian Foreign Minister in the 30's-40's.  :D

Once again...Betting is open on number of posts after this one before this thread is closed!

We're at 193 right now and I'm surprised its got this far, I say 220.

Frankly, I love this thread and pray that it will never be closed.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
I believe it's spelled Molotov, after the Russian Foreign Minister in the 30's-40's.  :D

I told you I was in last night, but i think I would have already lost. Nobody knew SB was going to come in.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
We're at 193 right now and I'm surprised its got this far, I say 220.

SBMI is betting people a grand again, that usually closes threads rather quickly. I think thats his escape clause when the argument overwhelms him. Start throwing around monopoly money and IQ numbers, and VOILA'! Closed thread