scary, very scary

MarkBuehrle_TheAce

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Haha, didn't even notice that he mentioned Vlad's name. You'd figure someone who supposidly watches Sox games would have seen him lay a massive egg in the playoffs last year.

I keep waiting for someone to come up with Barry Bonds career post season stats.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Haha, didn't even notice that he mentioned Vlad's name. You'd figure someone who supposidly watches Sox games would have seen him lay a massive egg in the playoffs last year.

Oh, Felix got him on that one. If you go back, Felix kept throwing in some good zingers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Why can't there ever be just a thread that makes it to 200 posts filled with good discussion and the exchange of opinions while leaving out personal attacks and childish name calling?

you're an idiot!

jk

Why is everyone freaking out about Beurhle leaving. He is here for at least 2 more seasons. He has a player option for 2007 in which he will take. Lets start worrying about this after the 2006 season.

If we keep winning I dont see why Buerhle will leave. Mark Mulder grew up a Sox fan, does that mean he will end up here after the '07 season? I doubt it. If there is 1 guy KW will cough up a lot of money to keep, Buerhle is the guy.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
It has to do with you people shooting off your mouths, THEN not having the cojones to back up your words!

Hey there Mr Pot... c'mere.. my friend kettle and you have a LOT in common... :rolly

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
I keep waiting for someone to come up with Barry Bonds career post season stats.

Bonds' career WS numbers are just ridiculous.

7G, 17AB, 4HR, 6RBI, 13BB/3SO, .471/.700/1.294

So when on the grandest stage Bonds sure does produce nicely.

I actually had a discussion recently about Mark Buehrle's Hall of Fame chances, and if he were to have a couple 20-win seasons and win a Cy Young, as well as average 15 wins a year until he's 40 (meaning average, so he might have a few down years as well), he'd be very Hall-worthy, almost a lock...but none of this is guaranteed.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Why is everyone freaking out about Beurhle leaving. He is here for at least 2 more seasons. He has a player option for 2007 in which he will take. Lets start worrying about this after the 2006 season.

If we keep winning I dont see why Buerhle will leave. Mark Mulder grew up a Sox fan, does that mean he will end up here after the '07 season? I doubt it. If there is 1 guy KW will cough up a lot of money to keep, Buerhle is the guy.

No one is freaking out about Buehrle leaving. This entire thread is about SBIMI saying that Buehrle is better right now than Clemens, Santana, Prior, Halladay, and many other Cy Young winners etc.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
It has to do with you people shooting off your mouths, THEN not having the cojones to back up your words!

Sure buddy. We have backed pretty much everything we have argued with facts, while you keep trying to change your argument and then bet us 1000 bucks so we will shut up. Give it up, even if you were a lawyer, and even if you did take 1000 bucks from Rock, you would still be wrong in your arguments here.

Hey there Mr Pot... c'mere.. my friend kettle and you have a LOT in common...  :rolly

I am ready to back up my words.

Rock, Kyle, etc., said that I am not a lawyer, and that I don't have the credentials to back up my claim.

I said let's bet $1,000.00, Rock reluctantly said yes, now his "pussing out"!

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
No one is freaking out about Buehrle leaving.  This entire thread is about SBIMI saying that Buehrle is better right now than Clemens, Santana, Prior, Halladay, and many other Cy Young winners etc.

I would take Buehrle over Clemens right now.

Prior, meh, don't know about him.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Hey there Mr Pot... c'mere.. my friend kettle and you have a LOT in common...  :rolly

Wait, you mean saying that one player is better than or equal to every other player at his position in MLB and then backing up his statement not with stats or fact but with conjecture is somehow hypocritical?

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)

Rock, Kyle, etc., said that I am not a lawyer, and that I don't have the credentials to back up my claim.

Who f***ing gives a s*** what your profession is - although I will admit I think you're a liar since Mike outed you and your brother told me what you do previously - but how about sticking to what you started HERE. :huh

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
No one is freaking out about Buehrle leaving.  This entire thread is about SBIMI saying that Buehrle is better right now than Clemens, Santana, Prior, Halladay, and many other Cy Young winners etc.

Buerhle might not be the most dominant in the league. But he is the most consistent.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Wait, you mean saying that one player is better than or equal to every other player at his position in MLB and then backing up his statement not with stats or fact but with conjecture is somehow hypocritical?

you better watch your words buddy or you will be on the wrong side of a 1000 dollar bet

:lol: :lol:

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)

I'd say the bigger issue at hand would be you making an outlandish claim about a certain pitcher then saying it's "My own opinion" meaning you don't have to back it up with facts. This whole lawyer thing just strikes me as childish.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
Who f***ing gives a s*** what your profession is - although I will admit I think you're a liar since Mike outed you and your brother told me what you do previously -  but how about sticking to what you started HERE.  :huh

ahem, quote:

Yeah and I know where you work. Your IP and your brother both gave that away. So who is lying, you or your IP adress?

Sure buddy.  We have backed pretty much everything we have argued with facts, while you keep trying to change your argument and then bet us 1000 bucks so we will shut up.  Give it up, even if you were a lawyer, and even if you did take 1000 bucks from Rock, you would still be wrong in your arguments here.

...and I'd have the balls to admit it.

Unlike you (and Rock).

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Buerhle might not be the most dominant in the league. But he is the most consistent.

Other than Santana stats wise. Buehrle has been however the most consistant innings and health wise.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Bonds' career WS numbers are just ridiculous.

7G, 17AB, 4HR, 6RBI, 13BB/3SO, .471/.700/1.294

So when on the grandest stage Bonds sure does produce nicely.

I said post season.