2003 Joe Borchard, of White Sox

2004 Joe Borchard, of White Sox

2005 Brian Anderson, of White Sox

:lolhitting

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MarkBuehrle_TheAce @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
i am very concerned with Mark Buehrle's Contract Situation, i fear if we dont resign him soon, we may loose him to the cards, and that would b a HUGE loss! i think i would cry a little, hes an amazing lefty (reincarnation of McDowell, only on the left side)

You are on a roll, just when I thought you couldnt come up with a better idea than Konerko+thome=world series, here comes this. You are a genius my friend.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
You are on a roll, just when I thought you couldnt come up with a better idea than Konerko+thome=world series, here comes this.  You are a genius my friend.

Creating quite the body of work, isnt he? :lolhitting

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
You are on a roll, just when I thought you couldnt come up with a better idea than Konerko+thome=world series, here comes this.  You are a genius my friend.

In all seriousness what is happening to this board? Is it youth? boredom, please Rock tell me. I don't post alot anymore, I know Jim won't post much more if at all, the emotion that these players are like friends is idiotic. Buehrle is signed through 2007. Does everyone here need 5 year stability. What if this guy gets hurt this year. Lets all relax and let the Whitesox build another championship. Rock, help me understand, also let me know if you won the $1000. HAH

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Creating quite the body of work, isnt he?  :lolhitting

Sometimes its futal to reply, its like arguing with my 9 year old. All emotion, no sense. Do people get sleep or do they stay up at night worried if Buerhle will be here in 2008.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Sometimes its futal to reply, its like arguing with my 9 year old. All emotion, no sense. Do people get sleep or do they stay up at night worried if Buerhle will be here in 2008.

I have been replying for the last few weeks out of humor more than anything. Once the season starts, the worthless posts will be coming in the hundreds. Right now, its just fun because there isnt a humungous amount of things to talk about, but it is getting a bit silly.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
In all seriousness what is happening to this board? Is it youth? boredom, please Rock tell me. I don't post alot anymore, I know Jim won't post much more if at all, the emotion that these players are like friends is idiotic. Buehrle is signed through 2007. Does everyone here need 5 year stability. What if this guy gets hurt this year. Lets all relax and let the Whitesox build another championship. Rock, help me understand, also let me know if you won the $1000. HAH

Im still waiting for my check from that guy. Maybe if you came around more things would improve, sadly probably not the case. Im hoping that maybe if we move half of these arguments to the bar during soxfest, we could possibly weed out the bad seeds.

Let's see. The guy that started this thread has grand total of 7, yes 7, posts. He couldn't be creating too much of a body work that would offend too many people. Instead of bashing the newbie, why don't you politely point out the error of his ways. I don't know, maybe an email with posting suggestions would work.

But no. Put the guy down to build yourself up. It's the American way.

Carry on.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Let's see.  The guy that started this thread has grand total of 7, yes 7, posts.  He couldn't be creating too much of a body work that would offend too many people.  Instead of bashing the newbie, why don't you politely point out the error of his ways.  I don't know, maybe an email with posting suggestions would work.

But no.  Put the guy down to build yourself up.  It's the American way. 

Carry on.

Mark Buehrle is not an ace.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Mark Buehrle is not an ace.

So that is justification enough for you to be rude to a newbie? Weren't you a newbie once? Have you ever been wrong about something? Besides, that is only your opinion. You know what they say about opinions ....

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
So that is justification enough for you to be rude to a newbie?  Weren't you a newbie once?  Have you ever been wrong about something?  Besides,  that is only your opinion.  You know what they say about opinions ....

He is just screwin around Yas. I think it is just that a lot of us are tired of newer posters coming in and making bad/repetitive topics. For every one you correct or help about 5 more roll in with equally bad topic ideas.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
He is just screwin around Yas.  I think it is just that a lot of us are tired of newer posters coming in and making bad/repetitive topics.  For every one you correct or help about 5 more roll in with equally bad topic ideas.

And that's what happens when you grow. Help them out. Some may turn out to be very good posters in the future. Many won't. Such as life with the "big forum".

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
But no.  Put the guy down to build yourself up.  It's the American way. 

Carry on.

Well, more the messageboard way. But you are right. Ive been flaming a little more than often lately on newbies, some of deserved, some of it not so much.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
So that is justification enough for you to be rude to a newbie?  Weren't you a newbie once?  Have you ever been wrong about something?  Besides,  that is only your opinion.  You know what they say about opinions ....

Jesus man, who peed in your cheerios?

I was quoting Kal BTW.

this is the most boring sports time of the year. At least the day after the ASG gives you a chance to rest for 24 hours and watch a movie or something non-sports related. Two weeks of this crap before the SB with nothing going on in baseball and College/Pro hoops in a fairly meanignless time of year leaves a whole lot of down time.....

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Jesus man, who peed in your cheerios?

I was quoting Kal BTW.

This isn't just for you Rock, but a point of contention for a lot of people lately.

He's got a good point. Lots of kids who join this site are just that, kids. Some aren't ready for the level of knowledge that is at their fingertips here because they are used to arguing with people their own age. Even if you think it is juvenile, just ignore it. If the post is that bad it will quickly get buried by better material. If you are really concerned about the quality of material on the board, try to teach the kid to bring his level of knowledge up, instead of padding your own egos at his expense. Realize that these kids today are the fans of tomorrow. We should be trying to educate and make fans, and not chase people away, just to make you feel better than someone else. Grow up a little and be proactive. Take it to the next level and take the content of the board into your own hands.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
he's an ace - he started the all-star game last year!!!!

Esteban Loaiza started the All Star game a few years back, that doesnt mean he is an ace. Buehrle flirts with being an ace, but he isnt a complete ace right now. He could be, but I guess thats up to him

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
This isn't just for you Rock, but a point of contention for a lot of people lately.

He's got a good point.  Lots of kids who join this site are just that, kids.  Some aren't ready for the level of knowledge that is at their fingertips here because they are used to arguing with people their own age.  Even if you think it is juvenile, just ignore it.  If the post is that bad it will quickly get buried by better material.  If you are really concerned about the quality of material on the board, try to teach the kid to bring his level of knowledge up, instead of padding your own egos at his expense.  Realize that these kids today are the fans of tomorrow.  We should be trying to educate and make fans, and not chase people away, just to make you feel better than someone else.  Grow up a little and be proactive.  Take it to the next level and take the content of the board into your own hands.

I understand its not directed at me personally. But alot of older posters (including admins) have been posting like this since the day I joined here. One of the major upsides of the people who have been here awhile is that they can take heat, criticism, praise etc, and also dish out a share of their own. This is the reason that they stay here, and others have come and gone.

Also for every newbie that i jump on, I send out a PM to someone helping them on the board.

Also, people need to learn that this is an internet message board, and try not to take things so seriously.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Also, people need to learn that this is an internet message board, and try not to take things so seriously.

What? Why didn't anybody tell me? Man, I got almost 180 posts and I just found out that this was an internet message board. I'm a relative newbie, over 30 (just barely) and probably wouldn't respond well to pedagogy so if you jump on to this board (kid or adult), you have to be able to learn in a trial by fire manner or else recoil back to the video game chat boards.

And everything said on here to the newbie (Buehrle the ace) has been pretty benign so I'm not sure that Rock et al need to be shackled on this one...on this one! There have been other times that "Mr. Inexplicably Infallible" could use a good Singapore-style caning.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
What?  Why didn't anybody tell me?  Man, I got almost 180 posts and I just found out that this was an internet message board.  I'm a relative newbie, over 30 (just barely) and probably wouldn't respond well to pedagogy so if you jump on to this board (kid or adult), you have to be able to learn in a trial by fire manner or else recoil back to the video game chat boards. 

And everything said on here to the newbie (Buehrle the ace) has been pretty benign so I'm not sure that Rock et al need to be shackled on this one...on this one!  There have been other times that "Mr. Inexplicably Infallible" could use a good Singapore-style caning.

Hey, I'll take the heat. But I get to pick out the cane.

caning-sticks-in-jb.jpg

How so?

I guess it's all how you define an "ace."  For me it's a pitcher that would be a #1 for a majority of the teams in the MLB.

IMO, Mark wouldn't be the #1 starter for the Cards, Cubs (arguable,) Astros (arguable,) Padres, Mets, Braves, Marlins, Blue Jays, Yankees (arguable,) A's (arguable,) and Twins.

That's 7 no doubters and for 4 arguable cases, so I would call him an "ace" without mentioning the fact that he has thrown the most innings since 2001 except Livan Hernandez.

EDIT:  The Pitchers I was comparing him to were Carpenter, Prior or Zambrano, Clemens (if he comes back) or Andy P, Jake Peavy, Pedro, Smoltz, Dontrelle, Halladay, Randy Johnson, Rich Harden or Barry Zito, Johan Santana.

Buehrle is better than ANY one of the above mentioned pitchers.