scary, very scary

MarkBuehrle_TheAce

Baseball is about winning WHEN IT COUNTS!

For example, Clemens dominated in the regular season last year...what happened to him in the WS?

What happened to Pettitte?

Prior folded in 2003.

Clemens is 43 f***ing years old. Buehrle is 26. Clemens is a Hall of Famer. Is Buehrle? Are you seriously going to argue that Buehrle > Clemens? Seriously?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Peavy...no rings

Zambrano...no rings

Carpenter...no rings

Zito...no rings

Santana...no rings

Prior...no rings

Halliday...no rings

Harden...no rings

Total...NO RINGS!

Look at the team around them. Its not like these guys start every game, pitch every relief inning, or hit every AB and score every run..

And Timo Perez has a ring, is he better than Barry Bonds?

Edited by Felix

Clemens is 43 f***ing years old.  Buehrle is 26.  Clemens is a Hall of Famer.  Is Buehrle?  Are you seriously going to argue that Buehrle > Clemens?  Seriously?

Is Clemens a hall of famer? No question.

If I had to choose between the Rocket and MB right now, to win a Game 7, I'll take MB.

IMO...IF I needed a pitcher to go out and win me a Game 7, out of all the guys you listed, I'd go with Buehrle.

He's got brass balls and ice water coursing through his veins.

Even in our own rotation, Buehrle had the highest ERA of our four starters in the postseason...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...=33&compare.y=2

Garcia = 3 starts, 3-0 record, 2.14 ERA

Garland = 2 starts, 1-0 record, 2.25 ERA

Contreras = 4 starts, 3-1 record, 3.09 ERA

Buehrle = 3 starts, 2-0 record, 3.47 ERA

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Look at the team around them.  Its not like these guys start every game, pitch every relief inning, or hit every AB and score every run..

And Timo Perez has a ring, is he better than Barry Bonds?

Unless Timo starts roiding, we'll never really know.....

:P :lol:

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
See if you people can comprehend what I am sayin...IN MY OPINION Buehrle is better than the above mentioned pitchers, and IN MY OPINION if a WS was on the line, and I could have any of those guys to pitch for me in Game 7, I would choose Buehrle.

Oh, so NOW you're trying to pass this off as FACT????

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
See if you people can comprehend what I am sayin...IN MY OPINION Buehrle is better than the above mentioned pitchers, and IN MY OPINION if a WS was on the line, and I could have any of those guys to pitch for me in Game 7, I would choose Buehrle.

Isn't the entire point of a message board to exchange and discuss topics based on personal opinion?

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)

Hmmm, well maybe you should say that instead of asking "What have those other pitchers done? What have they won?", while saying that Mark Buehrle is better than all of the above pitchers.

Just MY OPINION

Edited by kyyle23

AN ACE IS SOMEONE WHO HAS PROVEN OVER A LONG TIME, THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST PITCHERS IN THE GAME. SHORT SPANS OF A COUPLE YEARS DO NOT QUALIFY.

I think an ACE is someone who has proven over a long time that he is one of the best pitchers in the game and is a pillar of consistency. When you throw this guy on the mound 9.95 times out of 10 you know what you are going to get. I think that's the best definition.

I think there are degrees of aces...

You have those that are just flat out dominating and those that just flat out get the job done. I would never say Buehrle has better stuff than Santana, but I would say they both bring consistency to their team. You're gonna get 7,8,9 innings and you're gonna get a low scoring game you should win. I think that's what a team looks for in their ace and I think while aces can be totally different types of pitchers, they will consistently deliver the same result.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Baseball is about winning WHEN IT COUNTS!

For example, Clemens dominated in the regular season last year...what happened to him in the WS?

What happened to Pettitte?

Prior folded in 2003.

What are you talking about? Clemens is arguably the best pitcher EVER. Pettite basically out pitched buerhle in their face off, and he has the most post season appearences of all time.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
That's what I thought...seems like I get POUNDED every time I make an opinion.

Because your opinions are wrong!

Edited by Felix

Hmmm, well maybe you should say that instead of asking "What have those other pitchers done?  What have they won?", while saying that Mark Buehrle is better than all of the above pitchers.

Just MY OPINION

The point is, Buehrle's credential are every bit as good, if not better, than any of the pitchers previously mentioned.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
That's what I thought...seems like I get POUNDED every time I make an opinion.

Well, at times your opinions on matters seem to be unpopular and nonsensical to the rest of us.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
The point is, Buehrle's credential are every bit as good, if not better, than any of the pitchers previously mentioned.

Yes, but you fail to prove that point. And everything on just about every one of their resume's is better than Buehrle. Noone is saying he sucks here, but you are putting him ahead of some of the elite pitchers of the last 10 years, based on last season.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)

Which ones? The cy young winners? Cause no, his credentials arent as good.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)

How is Buehrle better than Clemens, Santana, or any of the other aces in the league?

What are you talking about?  Clemens is arguably the best pitcher EVER.  Pettite basically out pitched buerhle in their face off, and he has the most post season appearences of all time.

You're right about Clemens being the best of all time...but RIGHT NOW, I'd take Buehrle.

5 years ago, I'd have taken Rocket.