Frank Thomas signs with Oakland Athletics

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. I'm happy for the Big Hurt as he deserves another shot. I understood why we let him go but he certainly showed last year that he has some pop left in his bat if he can get healthy.

And, I will always stand and applaud the Big Hurt. He still is the greatest White Sox player of all time.

Aside from the eight games Oakland faces the White Sox, I'll openly cheer for Frank Thomas. Not Oakland. Never. He certaintly has impacted our ballclub beyond that of any prior player in organizational history; and for that, deserves the support of White Sox fans.

--And now the obligatory praise of Beane. HE'S... DONE IT AGAIN.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
We can hope that Oakland falls out of contention, and we can trade for Frank for some mid-season help!

He's not Carl Everett. Sorry Kalapse.

I doubt that would occur unless Williams is willing to give up a quality prospect. That's assuming Thomas is shown to have recovered from his injuries. I'd rather we ignore visions of a reunion, since it would likely mean either Thome or Konerko have sustained an injuiry and were attempting to replace their production.

Aside from the eight games Oakland faces the White Sox, I'll openly cheer for Frank Thomas. Not Oakland. Never. He certaintly has impacted our ballclub beyond that of any prior player in organizational history; and for that, deserves the support of White Sox fans.

--And now the obligatory praise of Beane. HE'S... DONE IT AGAIN.

:notworthy

Eventually, we will probably sign Frank to a 1-day contract so he can retire as a White Sox.

Edited by SSH2005