Sirius PORTABLE summer 2006

Steff

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
I know nothing about the satellite units - do you have a portable unit?  Is it just like carrying a portable radio?

XM has a portable unit. Sirius has one coming. XM was first in the game, and currently has a better jump on the radio technology.

As far as the product goes, its very similar. Both have like 100 commercial free music channels...basically the same on each side. The real difference in the product is the premium programming. XM has MLB, Opie and Anthony, etc. Sirius has Stern, NFL, etc. That is what you would use to make your decision. Both are great...I just fall under the Stern grouping.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
XM has a portable unit.  Sirius has one coming.  XM was first in the game, and currently has a better jump on the radio technology.

As far as the product goes, its very similar.  Both have like 100 commercial free music channels...basically the same on each side.  The real difference in the product is the premium programming.  XM has MLB, Opie and Anthony, etc.  Sirius has Stern, NFL, etc.  That is what you would use to make your decision.  Both are great...I just fall under the Stern grouping.

Yeah I don't think you can go wrong with either one, it's just a preference of your choice.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
J-Man, you can go on each one's website, and find out about the programming...and even get a free trial to each.  Like I said, you'll notice the music is very similar...pay more attention to the premium stuff.  Costs are the same.

I still think the quality of broadcast isbetter on XM, but im biased.

Oh and Sirius has their first portable coming out soon, and XM has a new, and MUCH smaller unit coming out this spring/summer.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
I still think the quality of broadcast isbetter on XM, but im biased.

Oh and Sirius has their first portable coming out soon, and XM has a new, and MUCH smaller unit coming out this spring/summer.

There is virtually no difference in the signal between sirius and xm. Now the quality will depend on your receiver.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
True...the unit you buy is important.  The starmate 2 for sirius works great.

Could be. My dad just got sirius in his car, I have yet to listen to his. Either way satellite radio is awesome. Being a rider of public trans in the city, listening to my ipod got old, and the xm makes the commute easier. I dont have to miss MIke and Mike, and riding home I get sports talk and 80s music. Its awesome.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
Could be.  My dad just got sirius in his car, I have yet to listen to his.  Either way satellite radio is awesome.  Being a rider of public trans in the city, listening to my ipod got old, and the xm makes the commute easier.  I dont have to miss MIke and Mike, and riding home I get sports talk and 80s music.  Its awesome.

I picture Rock sitting there, rocking his head, singing 'Take on Me' or 'Electric Avenue'

We're going to rock on to, Electric Avenue, and then we'll take you higher.

Edited by tonyho7476