MLB PowerRankings

korntownballa

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
The fans on the ESPN message boards are morons for the most part.  I wouldn't take that too seriously.

Last year it seemed like everyone was asking "where is the respect?" It is nice to see us actually getting it. Why complain or dis it when it is happening now? Just enjoy it. Others are respecting the team.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Last year it seemed like everyone was asking "where is the respect?"  It is nice to see us actually getting it.  Why complain or dis it when it is happening now?  Just enjoy it.  Others are respecting the team.

Last year we said everyone was a moron, east coast bias, why start thinking they know anything now?

LOL, of course we want everything, all the time, :cheers

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Last year it seemed like everyone was asking "where is the respect?"  It is nice to see us actually getting it.  Why complain or dis it when it is happening now?  Just enjoy it.  Others are respecting the team.

I don't take much pride in knowing that a board mostly full of morons thinks that the Sox are a good team, but hey, thats just me.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
I don't take much pride in knowing that a board mostly full of morons thinks that the Sox are a good team, but hey, thats just me.

There are some smart posters there.... just the amount of people that are signed up for their boards a course the dumbasses are going to outnumber the good posters..... The one thing I like about ESPN is it gives you the ability to talk with other teams fans even though a lot of them can be deuschbags....

Personally the White Sox fans on that board for the most part are some of the worse too..... :banghead

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)

I'm not saying that I take a whole bunch of pride in it. I'm just saying that it is a bit of an indicator that we may see a bit of respect this year, and that is nice to see.

I think this is my favorite. Can you tell where this guy is from?

1. Yankees

2. Cardinals

3. Indians

4. Angels

5. Red Sox

6. Astros

7. Braves

8. Mets

9. Blue Jays

10. Twins

11. White Sox

12. Diamondbacks

13. Dodgers

14. Rangers

15. Padres

16. Cubs

17. Giants

18. Brewers

19. Athletics

20. Orioles

21. Nationals

22. Phillies

23. Rockies

24. Marlins

25. Tigers

26. Devil Rays

27. Mariners

28. Pirates

29. Reds

30. Royals

Preseason order

Top 10

1.Chicago White Sox-Big upgrade on offense if Thome comes back to form and they still have a great rotation.

2.Oakland A's-Best pitching rotation in baseball.

3.St.Louis Cardinals-Great rotation, lineup isnt as potent as last season but still solid.

4.New York Yankees-Incredible lineup but pitching is suspect.

5.Atlanta Braves-The most balanced team in the NL, but closer situation puts them below st.louis.

6.Anaheim Angels-They still have a very balanced team with good hitting and solid but not spectacular pitching.

7.Houston Astros-Rotation is weakened but they will still be a threat with Oswalt, Pettite and Lidge.

8.New York Mets-Great lineup, solid bullpen but the rotation doesnt look too good right now.

9.Cleveland Indians-Still a very young team with a great lineup, the pitching may take a step back though with the loss of millwood.

10.Toronto BlueJays-Great rotation that could match the A's if Burnett can put it all together, though the hitting could hold this team back.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
I think this is my favorite.  Can you tell where this guy is from?

1. Yankees

2. Cardinals

3. Indians

4. Angels

5. Red Sox

6. Astros

7. Braves

8. Mets

9. Blue Jays

10. Twins

11. White Sox

12. Diamondbacks

13. Dodgers

14. Rangers

15. Padres

16. Cubs

17. Giants

18. Brewers

19. Athletics

20. Orioles

21. Nationals

22. Phillies

23. Rockies

24. Marlins

25. Tigers

26. Devil Rays

27. Mariners

28. Pirates

29. Reds

30. Royals

lol wow what the heck?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
I think this is my favorite.  Can you tell where this guy is from?

1. Yankees

2. Cardinals

3. Indians

4. Angels

5. Red Sox

6. Astros

7. Braves

8. Mets

9. Blue Jays

10. Twins

11. White Sox

12. Diamondbacks

13. Dodgers

14. Rangers

15. Padres

16. Cubs

17. Giants

18. Brewers

19. Athletics

20. Orioles

21. Nationals

22. Phillies

23. Rockies

24. Marlins

25. Tigers

26. Devil Rays

27. Mariners

28. Pirates

29. Reds

30. Royals

East Coast Bias!

God these people are idiots.

The Yankee fans who put their team at the top because of their offense blindly sure have a short memory for how the White Sox won 110 games in six and a half months. (and should a Yankee fan be reading this, it was pitching and defense, dumbass.)

The Red Sox high rankings I think are flat-out hilarious. Who is their infield? Has that Crisp trade happened yet or will we have another four weeks of media posturing before he puts on a jersey?

QUOTE(Drew @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 05:28 AM)
God these people are idiots.

The Yankee fans who put their team at the top because of their offense blindly sure have a short memory for how the White Sox won 110 games in six and a half months. (and should a Yankee fan be reading this, it was pitching and defense, dumbass.)

The Red Sox high rankings I think are flat-out hilarious. Who is their infield? Has that Crisp trade happened yet or will we have another four weeks of media posturing before he puts on a jersey?

I can't wait for the old Yankee rotation to fall apart again, but this time no lucky streaks by Aaron Small or Shawn Chacon to save them.