Game Thread 5-25

Jim Fainter

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we get when you use the best only for an inning (Marte) and have no offense in the late innings cause they all clocked out.

What are you talking about? Marte threw 24 pitches in 1 inning. Did you want Manuel to bring him back out?

So far, I'm very satisfied with the way that this game has been managed (not played...managed). The only mistake I've noticed was Sandy not bunting in the 2 on, 0 out situation.

That's what we get when you use the best only for an inning (Marte) and have no offense in the late innings cause they all clocked out.

He threw 24 pitches and is used almost every day there is nothing you can do.

Very rarely do I ever complain about Manuels use of pitchers. Lately he has only used White once the Sox are getting hammered and White was the only one I ever really disagreed with him using.

I have always disagreed with manuel's way of running an offense. In regards to pitchers, I also must add that it isn't Manuel doing this, but Cooper. From everything I've read, it is cooper that handles 90% of all decisions with the pitchers . When they come out, etc.

What are you talking about?  Marte threw 24 pitches in 1 inning.  Did you want Manuel to bring him back out? 

So far, I'm very satisfied with the way that this game has been managed (not played...managed).  The only mistake I've noticed was Sandy not bunting in the 2 on, 0 out situation.

There have been a few others like not running with the knuckleballer, but its been alright.

Thomas Ordonez and Graffy for the bottom of the 12th.  OH for the long ball :ph34r:

They will all be swinging for the fences trying to be the hero. Well I at least expect Frank to.

Hell, Frank rips a single. Now we have Maggs and Graffy up. I like our chances if we stay out of a double play. Also, sox should pinch run with Rios.

Very rarely do I ever complain about Manuels use of pitchers.  Lately he has only used White once the Sox are getting hammered and White was the only one I ever really disagreed with him using. 

I have always disagreed with manuel's way of running an offense.  In regards to pitchers, I also must add that it isn't Manuel doing this, but Cooper.  From everything I've read, it is cooper that handles 90% of all decisions with the pitchers . When they come out, etc.

I didn't know that Cooper called most decisions about the pitching. Makes sense, but I think we need to start stretching these guys out a little. I guess though I would have rather seen Glover than White at this point in the game.

Very rarely do I ever complain about Manuels use of pitchers.  Lately he has only used White once the Sox are getting hammered and White was the only one I ever really disagreed with him using. 

I have always disagreed with manuel's way of running an offense.  In regards to pitchers, I also must add that it isn't Manuel doing this, but Cooper.  From everything I've read, it is cooper that handles 90% of all decisions with the pitchers . When they come out, etc.

I didn't know that Cooper called most decisions about the pitching. Makes sense, but I think we need to start stretching these guys out a little. I guess though I would have rather seen Glover than White at this point in the game.

24 pitches is a ton for a reliever. If its someone like White or Glover that are more long term, every few day guys than it makes sense, but Marte is used almost every day so if you pitch him 50 pitches, you shut him down for 3 days otherwise you risk injury.

You can tell things changed when Nardi left. Pitchers started staying out there longer. Hell, notice how Colon threw 130 pitches his last outing, you know that never happened with Manuel/Nardi in there.

Nice High Throw and Graffy is on 2nd on the error by Munson.

This is odd. No way in hell would I pitch around Konerko. I like Crede much more in this situation. He is very comfortable going opposite field and I got a good feeling about this.

Also, I tend to agree with Cerb, bunting there would be nice, but I don't bunt with him because Magglio has been crushing it and you expect him to go oppo field and hard. Like I say, Rios is in, that dp gets broken up.