Movie sequels here or on the way..

juddling

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
I have to disagree with you here. Jason X was terribly terrible and Freddy vs Jason was not so bad but Michael Myers is not the type to be in one of those kinds of movies. His goal is not to kill other mass murderers, but to kill the remains of the family that screwed him over as a kid. Halloween 3 was absolutely horrible as well, along with Resurrection. It has zero business as a Halloween movie. They should have just called it Season of the Witch because Halloween = Michael Myers. Halloween II was bad but it wasn't great. But then again, I have a huge bias here.

But Michael Myers changed the rules of the game. In Parts 1 and 2 he was killing whatever promiscuous teens he cane across. Yeah, yeah, somewhere along the line it turned out Jamie Lee Curtis was his sister or something, but that's all sooo much weaker than a computer age druid-warlock trying to kill all the kids on Halloween with evil rubber masks. :D

If Halloween III were completely detached from the series it wouldn't be bashed nearly to level it currently is. From horror movie standards, the plot is rather innovative. I'm convinced bashing this sequel is an art casual horror fans have developed.

Problem for Carpenter, and supporters of the film, is the hatred for Halloween III has transcended generations. Understand when this movie first came out in theaters there was no information available to explain how far the series would progress. Promotional spots featured on television didn't make it clear whether Michael Myers were included or not. Very deceptive marketing. Thus, when fans viewed the film and realized they've been subjected to a completely original storyline, they forever damned the movie. Similar to how Jake Gyllenhal fans have damned "Bubble Boy." :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
So who are you slighting, George Reeves or Christopher Reeve?

LOL, someone doesnt know that Superman goes beyond Christopher Reeves.

I am very excited for the movie, when Brandon Routh came out to present a Golden Globe with Terry Hatcher a few weeks ago, and he put on his glasses and started talking, I thought he was the reincarnation of Christopher Reeve, to tell you the truth. Bryan Singer did the movie, I dont think he will screw it up.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
If Halloween III were completely detached from the series it wouldn't be bashed nearly to level it currently is. From horror movie standards, the plot is rather innovative. I'm convinced bashing this sequel is an art casual horror fans have developed.

Problem for Carpenter, and supporters of the film, is the hatred for Halloween III has transcended generations. Understand when this movie first came out in theaters there was no information available to explain how far the series would progress. Promotional spots featured on television didn't make it clear whether Michael Myers were included or not. Very deceptive marketing. Thus, when fans viewed the film and realized they've been subjected to a completely original storyline, they forever damned the movie. Similar to how Jake Gyllenhal fans have damned "Bubble Boy."  :D

I remember how Svengoolie used to show Halloween III every Halloween.

Like you said, if you take the film as if it weren’t attached to the Michael Myers series, than the movie isn’t all that bad.