Bears To Target Randle El

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Im not getting into it.  But results are results and we beat Carolina with Orton then lost to them with Grossman (when it really counted I might add.)

That's an awful argument. Seeing has how we scored more points behind Rex, which is the only thing he can control.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a fan of either really... although id say of the two I like Rex more... but saying we won with Orton lost with Grossman sounds homerish to me.... this is a message board who cares if we hijack the thread its about the bears anyways just tell me why you think Orton is better and give reasons behind it.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 03:06 AM)
The case really isnt whos better... they both arent starting caliber.

It's whos cheaper to keep as a backup, that'd be Kyle Orton, thank you.  I've had enough of the Rex Grossman expierence and its time to look for a new answer there.

Ok than I can respect that opinion more....As long as you dont drink the Orton kool-aid and think he outperformed Rex just because we beat Carolina earlier.... so while I disagree and would like to see Rex with 1 more season and if he busts or injury again be done with him I can respect that opinion.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
I think we should say f*** it and give the farm for Vince Young.

Wont happen, but if it did I'd have trouble not creaming myself every 5 seconds.

Why trade for a worse Mike Vick? Without the crappy defenses and good Texas o-line, Young is going to be in trouble. And it will be funny to watch.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 03:11 AM)
I think we should say f*** it and give the farm for Vince Young.

Wont happen, but if it did I'd have trouble not creaming myself every 5 seconds.

Idonno he is going to need at least 2-3 seasons to adjust to the NFL really.... and with our current defense id rather take the more polished QB in Lienart.

Hell id consider taking Marcus Vick though in the 2nd-3rd round because it wouldnt cost us the "farm" and I think he can be a stud because unlike his brother he knows how to pass.

Idonno he is going to need at least 2-3 seasons to adjust to the NFL really.... and with our current defense id rather take the more polished QB in Lienart.

Hell id consider taking Marcus Vick though in the 2nd-3rd round because it wouldnt cost us the "farm" and I think he can be a stud because unlike his brother he knows how to pass.

The reason Young will be a top 10 QB of alltime is because he is the best (I know it sounds corny) leader you could ask for.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
No way.  Young is NOT Vick, Mr. Young made Pete Carroll look like a fool.  And USC doesnt have a terrible defense.

Its funny because you think Pete Carroll is a good defense coach.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
Why trade for a worse Mike Vick?  Without the crappy defenses and good Texas o-line, Young is going to be in trouble.  And it will be funny to watch.

Yeah, because he wasn't tearing up Ohio State's defense earlier in the year and Michigan's in the previous year's Rose Bowl. Vince Young is a legit great prospect at QB.

Edited by nitetrain8601

Versatile Randle El prime target for Bears

Draft focus is on tight end, secondary

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Talk around this year's Senior Bowl practice week is that the Bears' first priority will be Pittsburgh wide receiver and premier returner Antwaan Randle El when free agency begins in March. Randle El, from Thornton High School in Harvey by way of Indiana University, has averaged 40 catches for 12.4 yards and 42 punt returns for 9.5 yards during his four seasons with the Steelers.

Randle El also would give the Bears a third-string quarterback on game days without using the active roster spot. His play in the Steelers' playoff run will drive up the price, but the Bears are in excellent salary-cap shape and have not shied from making decisive, big-money moves the last three off-seasons.

The Bears also want another speed receiver to fortify a position that has Bernard Berrian and Mark Bradley, both of whom missed time with injuries in 2005.