Bears To Target Randle El

As much as I like Randle El, I am also excited to see the bears draft a good TE to help Grossman next year. If we can get a TE like a Witten, Clark or Miller of Pitt, that would definitely make our offense great.

Edited by bulokis

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats a QB's #1 job?

Win ballgames.  Rex Grossman had two drives to do so and handled both very badly.

I dont care if he put up 35 points, if you need to score to win, a good QB will score.  Did you watch the Rose Bowl?

Do you also believe that a pitcher in the MLB with more wins but a higher ERA is better than a pitcher with less wins but a lower ERA?

The reason Young will be a top 10 QB of alltime is because he is the best (I know it sounds corny) leader you could ask for.

One game gave Young most of the hype you speak of. Sad...

Edited by SSH2005

2 points other than the Grossman/Orton/Young junk, which I'm gonna avoid for now:

1. Does anyone think that with Grossman's injury history, trying to save a roster spot by having a wideout who can be your 3rd QB is just not a good idea? Yeah, you save the roster spot, but in the event you need him...you hurt your WR corps and your QB at the same time, and all it takes is an injury to Orton to actually need the guy.

2. Is it that smart for the Bears to telegraph "We're going after this guy"? And then they wind up losing him because someone outmaneuvers the bears?

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
The case really isnt whos better... they both arent starting caliber.

It's whos cheaper to keep as a backup, that'd be Kyle Orton, thank you.  I've had enough of the Rex Grossman expierence and its time to look for a new answer there.

How had you had enough? Hes played less games than Orton.

Young isnt going to bust, he is a good QB, and he is nothing like Vick.

The only way you can say Young is like Vick is if you never watched Vick play in college.

Also, Im not really big on Radel El, and think it would be a mistake to over pay for him when there are equal wr's that will be available in 3-4 rounds.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Young isnt going to bust, he is a good QB, and he is nothing like Vick.

The only way you can say Young is like Vick is if you never watched Vick play in college.

Yea, you are right. You can't really compare the two, and the only reason I did was because Vick is a scrambling QB who cannot pass at the pros, which is what I think Young will be able to do at the most.

Why do you think Young wont be able to make it in the pros?

I mean lets compare Vick and Young:

Young is huge, 6'5 233. Vick is small for a QB, 6'0 200.

Vick played 2 seasons at the College level, Young has 4 seasons under his belt.

Vick has always been a run first pass second player, Young is a pass first run second player.

Young has an amazing ability to hit his check down wr's at this point in his career, Vick almost always either looked deep or ran the ball.

The better comparison is Mcnair, a big qb who can run the ball if necessary. That is why many have the Titan's selecting Young.

Im not going to call Vick a bust either, he is still raw and young. QB is one of the hardest positions to play at the NFL level, and Vick still could learn the position. Vick is only 26 years old, meaning that he has plenty of time to develop.

Im sure plenty of people thought another Young, Steve, was terrible because he did nothing in his first 8 years as a pro (2 in usfl). But now he is in the NFL Hall of Fame and considered one of the top QB's of his generation if not of all time.

Young was 30 years old in 1991, Vick is 4 years younger and his stats blow Young's away at the same age.

Im not saying Vick will turn into Young, but you just can not say a 26 year old with all the talent in the world cant make it.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
Young isn't anywhere near as fast as Vick and the faster linebackers in the NFL can still catch Vick.  If Young tries to be Vick, he will be caught and he will get injured sooner or later.

Actually, Vick runs a 4.3 IIRC and Young for a fact runs a 4.4. So much for not being anywhere as fast though, right? And Young has height and weight on Vick. But again, people act like Young is a run first QB, which he is not.

Do you also believe that a pitcher in the MLB with more wins but a higher ERA is better than a pitcher with less wins but a lower ERA?

One game gave Young most of the hype you speak of.  Sad...

>Me :chair <Me

What do people most remember Reggie Jackson for ? (if you want to compare Baseball to Football) What he did when it mattered. And what Young did when it mattered is undeniable, Ohio State was Vince Young, USC was Vince Young. You can say all you want about his OLine, but lets be honest, you put another QB behind Center and you arent looking at National Champion Texas.

Young is more electric then who more-than-likely you're bandwagon USC fan wet dream Reggie Bush ever will be.

Just because that 2 months of being a USC fan was ruined by Vince Young doesnt mean he isnt a good pro QB.

Oh and about Grossman, he f***in sucks.. thats UNDENIABLE. He's put up horrible statistics, and if 21 points is supposed to be impressive then we have a bigger problem.

I want 28 points, I want 34 points. Look at the Steelers, they are a great team to compare the Bears too, they are nearly a carbon copy. The have a great D, a great running game. There is 1 THING they have that we dont (our D is a little better than theirs), they have a real QB. We dont. For a team that wasnt supposed to put up the points they are putting up on teams they are doing a helluva job at it right now.

Quick, since the Ravens in 2000 what team has gotten to the Super Bowl with a bad QB?

Brad Johnson for the Bucs in 2003 is the only one thats debatable. The Patriots made a dynasty behind Brady, the Eagles owned the NFC for 3 years behind McNabb. Carolina has Delhomme, Pitt. has Roeth. Even Seattle has Hasselbeck.

Whats lacking from the Bears is completely undeniable.. its a good QB. Dump Grossman. NOW

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
Oh and about Grossman, he f***in sucks.. thats UNDENIABLE.  He's put up horrible statistics, and if 21 points is supposed to be impressive then we have a bigger problem.

Whats lacking from the Bears is completely undeniable.. its a good QB.  Dump Grossman. NOW

Thanks for the laugh. Grossman definitely doesn't suck. As a matter of fact, I'd rather have Grossman as my QB the next 3 years than I would Vince Young. Someone's going to be very disappointing when they draft Vince Young, and they realize he can't throw for s***. And BTW, Jay Cutler is going to be the first QB picked.

Thanks for the laugh.  Grossman definitely doesn't suck.  As a matter of fact, I'd rather have Grossman as my QB the next 3 years than I would Vince Young.  Someone's going to be very disappointing when they draft Vince Young, and they realize he can't throw for s***.  And BTW, Jay Cutler is going to be the first QB picked.

:crying I really wish I wasnt a Bears fan.. we easily without a doubt have the dumbest fans ever. On every board they are on the buttend of every dumb fan joke.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Oh and about Grossman, he f***in sucks.. thats UNDENIABLE.  He's put up horrible statistics, and if 21 points is supposed to be impressive then we have a bigger problem.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)

:crying I really wish I wasnt a Bears fan.. we easily without a doubt have the dumbest fans ever.  On every board they are on the buttend of every dumb fan joke.

Considering I'm probably the last person to ever be called a homer, I'm going to call you out on this. All you have to do is use your own f***ing eyes, and you can see that Grossman can be a pretty damn good QB in this league. If both players are healthy and I had to win one game, I would take Grossman over Michael Vick in a heartbeat. Grossman might not make the highlight play, but he's not going to beat his own team like Vick might do.

Considering I'm probably the last person to ever be called a homer, I'm going to call you out on this.  All you have to do is use your own f***ing eyes, and you can see that Grossman can be a pretty damn good QB in this league.  If both players are healthy and I had to win one game, I would take Grossman over Michael Vick in a heartbeat.  Grossman might not make the highlight play, but he's not going to beat his own team like Vick might do.

I

Give

Up

BTW Duke, I went back and reviewed this thread. You said Grossman was about the same as Orton. I don't know how anyone could have watched the Bears games this year, and honestly thought that. Unless you like quarterbacks born in Iowa, I don't think there's a single person on this planet who could objectively say that they're comparable.