K-Fed

Kyyle23

I am sure some of you have heard the rumors of how bad the new single from Kevin Federline(Mr Britney Spears) is. Well, in the video I am providing you, you get the distinct pleasure of laughing at the song, AND laughing at Kevin Federline trying to make his song sound cool. Flops like this shouldnt be missed.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1656067/

As The Human Torch said:

torchRGB.jpg

Flame on!

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Start at HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

and finish with a flurry.  That song is so friggin pathetic that its funny.

....and he's pretending to LUUUV it, that's even funnier. The sad part is, that s*** will probably sell. I have to remember not everything that gets on the radio and consumed by the masses is trash

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
....and he's pretending to LUUUV it, that's even funnier.  The sad part is, that s*** will probably sell.  I have to remember not everything that gets on the radio and consumed by the masses is trash

I dont know about that. You should google the name of the song "PopoSao" and Kevin Federline's name. DJ's across the board have ripped it, and have said they wont play it because of how bad it is. Sometimes star power(even spousal star power) isnt enough to overcome bad music.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
I dont know about that.  You should google the name of the song "PopoSao" and Kevin Federline's name.  DJ's across the board have ripped it, and have said they wont play it because of how bad it is.  Sometimes star power(even spousal star power) isnt enough to overcome bad music.

You're forgetting 13 year old girl power.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
....and he's pretending to LUUUV it, that's even funnier.  The sad part is, that s*** will probably sell.  I have to remember not everything that gets on the radio and consumed by the masses is trash

you are most likely right about it selling. That's why I have a love/hate relationship with the MTV shows like Making the Band. They are great unitentional comedy, but I know that the band will end up selling a ton of their CD's. However, any show that has Aubrey O'Day on it gets a pass in my book.

Like that new "There and Back" show focusing on one of the guys from O-Town who is now trying to be a serious singer songwriter after he pissed away all his money. This is really the first time MTV is editing a show to kind of goof on the star of the show in kind of a mean way. It really is worth watching because this guy has no clue about anything. The show highlights songs "he" wrote (the he is in quotations because magically he comes up with a finished song after meeting with professional songwriters, much like Ashley Simpson did) and they are the most ridiculous 8th grade girl lyrics.

Those shows are definitely my guilty pleasures.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
See, this is why I will never offer a true opinion on Rap songs. That's considered "bad" Rap...right??? For the life of me, I can't figure out what makes that one bad...and another one good. :ph34r: 

I'm sooooo ignorant on that style of music.

Just look at how much of a douche bag he's being while listening to that song. That, alone, is enough reason to hate the song.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
See, this is why I will never offer a true opinion on Rap songs. That's considered "bad" Rap...right??? For the life of me, I can't figure out what makes that one bad...and another one good. :ph34r: 

I'm sooooo ignorant on that style of music.

I was the same way about jazz for a long time. It all sounded like 6 guys playing 6 different songs at once.

There is rap and then there is hi-hop. K-Fed is rap, Eric B. and Rakim is hip-hop. It's like any style of music KG, you have to listen to a lot of it to develop any basis for comparison......and it's not on the radio or MTV. The more music you listen to, the less lilely you are to be impresssed by something mediocre. I'm not sure how much you've listened to, but I bet you'd develop at least an appreciation for it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
I was the same way about jazz for a long time.  It all sounded like 6 guys playing 6 different songs at once.

There is rap and then there is hi-hop.  K-Fed is rap, Eric B. and Rakim is hip-hop.  It's like any style of music KG, you have to listen to a lot of it to develop any basis for comparison......and it's not on the radio or MTV.  The more music you listen to, the less lilely you are to be impresssed by something mediocre.  I'm not sure how much you've listened to, but I bet you'd develop at least an appreciation for it.

Some rappers have an extraordinary ability to tell a story when they are rapping, and thats what sets them apart in my eyes. Lots of people repeatedly attack Eminem for his songs, but when you look at them they have an incredible amount of depth(not as much recently as his first efforts). PopoZow is a beat, and not all that good of a beat, and a few "raps" over the top.

The guy is telling a story about getting Brazilian Ass on the floor. That should tell you enough right there.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 04:15 AM)
Just look at how much of a douche bag he's being while listening to that song. That, alone, is enough reason to hate the song.

Yeah, I got the part about him being a douche. That's easy to see. :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
I was the same way about jazz for a long time.  It all sounded like 6 guys playing 6 different songs at once.

There is rap and then there is hi-hop.  K-Fed is rap, Eric B. and Rakim is hip-hop.  It's like any style of music KG, you have to listen to a lot of it to develop any basis for comparison......and it's not on the radio or MTV.  The more music you listen to, the less lilely you are to be impresssed by something mediocre.  I'm not sure how much you've listened to, but I bet you'd develop at least an appreciation for it.

I know, its just like when people say all Death Metal sounds the same. I know Death Metal REALLY well, though I am not a fan of the stuff. But I do have an appreciation for it. I have problems for Rap and Hip Hop, and honestly, I don't really see myself making any attempts at getting to be friends with the stuff. I tried years ago when Public Enemy and NWA were on top, but I just couldn't do it. The beats sounded like casio keyboard beats to me. I know time has brought the production and sounds to a more modern level, but I still can't find my way with it. I just can't get my head around it, and the majority of the song topics I can't relate to at all. It's kind of my problem I have found with numerous Punk bands all of a sudden. I just can't relate to their lyrics any more, and I feel silly listening to them.

This is a bit of a problem I have with certain music critics I read though. Just because a critics owns T-Rex The Slider, they think they know Glam. Or just because they own that album and the new Black Eyed Peas they think they know "music" and that they are "diverse". Then I'll see said reviewer slam the new album by The Urgencies (just as an example and a plug for a band I am presently in love with). But that reviewer really isn't as well versed in the "Glam/Trash" style as he/she thinks that they are, and they miss just what it is that makes that album great.

I know I am missing out "great" Rap in the eyes of many. But that's O.K.. I've given the style a million chances, trust me, all my friends (the Death Metal guys believe it or not) are huge Rap fans. I respect the style and it's followers to keep my trap shut about it the majority of the time. I also respect it enough to never try and offer an honest opinion on the style. When I see many of you guys discuss Rap, I do a get little tempted to go check out some of what you are talking about, but I have done that soooo many times with Rap, that I know what the outcome will be.

Believe it or not, I have bought ONE Rap album in my time, and I listened to it A LOT when I first got it. Well, one song. I'm ebarrassed by what song it was though. But I think I still have the cassette. All my buddies laughed at me way back in the day. But some of them bought "I'm Too Sexy", so I don't feel too bad.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
Some rappers have an extraordinary ability to tell a story when they are rapping, and thats what sets them apart in my eyes.  Lots of people repeatedly attack Eminem for his songs, but when you look at them they have an incredible amount of depth(not as much recently as his first efforts).  PopoZow is a beat, and not all that good of a beat, and a few "raps" over the top.  

The guy is telling a story about getting Brazilian Ass on the floor.   That should tell you enough right there.

For me it's more about the 'flow'. Take Tupac for example, sure his lyrics were brutally honest and came from a very personal place, some even consider him a poet, but his 'flow', the meter to it, was not impressive. I'll take a crazy east coast guy, who is coming at you from all over the place over that. Lyrics aren't what grab me or what I listen for first and that applies to rock music as well. If the SOUND doesn't grab me then I have no interest in listening to what they have to say.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
Yeah, I got the part about him being a douche. That's easy to see.  :D

I know, its just like when people say all Death Metal sounds the same. I know Death Metal REALLY well, though I am not a fan of the stuff. But I do have an appreciation for it. I have problems for Rap and Hip Hop, and honestly, I don't really see myself making any attempts at getting to be friends with the stuff. I tried years ago when Public Enemy and NWA were on top, but I just couldn't do it. The beats sounded like casio keyboard beats to me. I know time has brought the production and sounds to a more modern level, but I still can't find my way with it. I just can't get my head around it, and the majority of the song topics I can't relate to at all. It's kind of my problem I have found with numerous Punk bands all of a sudden. I just can't relate to their lyrics any more, and I feel silly listening to them.

This is a bit of a problem I have with certain music critics I read though. Just because a critics owns T-Rex The Slider, they think they know Glam. Or just because they own that album and the new Black Eyed Peas they think they know "music" and that they are "diverse". Then I'll see said reviewer slam the new album by The Urgencies (just as an example and a plug for a band I am presently in love with). But that reviewer really isn't as well versed in the "Glam/Trash" style as he/she thinks that they are, and they miss just what it is that makes that album great.

I know I am missing out "great" Rap in the eyes of many. But that's O.K.. I've given the style a million chances, trust me, all my friends (the Death Metal guys believe it or not) are huge Rap fans. I respect the style and it's followers to keep my trap shut about it the majority of the time. I also respect it enough to never try and offer an honest opinion on the style. When I see many of you guys discuss Rap, I do a get little tempted to go check out some of what you are talking about, but I have done that soooo many times with Rap, that I know what the outcome will be.

Believe it or not, I have bought ONE Rap album in my time, and I listened to it A LOT when I first got it. Well, one song. I'm ebarrassed by what song it was though. But I think I still have the cassette. All my buddies laughed at me way back in the day. But some of them bought "I'm Too Sexy", so I don't feel too bad.

I bet it was "ice-ice baby".

I know you were just using PE and NWA as examples, but hip hop has come a long way since those guys. In fact, it might have peaked a while back and is dying, if not dead now. Like every from of music, the crap that gets on the radio represents the worse of that particular genre. I'd hate for someone to listen to Korn or Blink 182 for example and think they represent great rock music. It's probably even worse for hip-hop. You don't really believe the Black Eyes Peas represent hip-hop, do you?

It might just be a form of music you'll never enjoy and that's ok. I'm kinda surprised you can't appreciate it though, you're an open minded guy.

Thanks for the last compliment there.

Tell ya what, I am always giving things second, third, fourth, fifth (and on and on and on...) chances. Give me your top 5 Hip Hop albums and your top 5 Rap albums, I will get ahold of them and I will give them serious listens all week and tell you what I find at the end of the week. Or I'll do my best to get hold of them, I should say. Deal?

It was "OPP' by Naughty By Nature. :D (Vanilla Ice...sheesh...give me a little more credit, please)

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Thanks for the last compliment there.

Tell ya what, I am always giving things second, third, fourth, fifth (and on and on and on...) chances. Give me your top 5 Hip Hop albums and your top 5 Rap albums, I will get ahold of them and I will give them serious listens all week and tell you what I find at the end of the week. Or I'll do my best to get hold of them, I should say. Deal?

It was "OPP' by Naughty By Nature.  :D (Vanilla Ice...sheesh...give me a little more credit, please)

"OPP"???!!! Dude, if you could even half way get into THAT, then I know you can appreciate hip hop. Is this turning into that 'greatest classic rock albums" thread?? Ten records is probably too much at once, or do you devour music? Start with "Paid in Full" by Eric B. and Rakim, it's a 'classic'. I think Kyle, bMags and Critic can add to that list too. Oh and Hammerhead Johnson has a nice compilation too..... I think.

Nah, 10 albums is pretty easy to do in a week actually. I might not learn them like the back of my hand or my fave album of all time, but I will know by next Saturday if I want to keep pushing forward.

O.K., if anybody else has an input, drop it in here. Maybe we can make something of value come out of a thread about Federline. :D

I know there are Top 5000000 threads already, but then if you think Hammerhead and them are good calls also, then drop me one album from each of you guys.

Ok then, throw in "Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star" by Black Star. Mos Def went on to do solo stuff and I think he still hosts 'Def Poetry" on HBO.

"Midnight Marauders" by A Tribe Called Quest is not a bad pick up either.

I don't know what you've heard, but most people who don't like hip-hop only know the "I drink 40s, smoke blunts, bone b****es and shoot everyone" gangsta crap. Of course there is a little bit of that in most hip hop, but there is different stuff out there KG.