Can this be the game...

Heads22

...that gets the Sox going? They needed a spark lit under their ass, and hopefully this perfromance from Wright and Lee can get something clicking. Interleague play starts soon, and we will be playing two superior teams in San Francisco and Los Angeles, and it would be immensely helpful if we can go into those games with a winning record, and just playing balls-out baseball again.

...that gets the Sox going? They needed a spark lit under their ass, and hopefully this perfromance from Wright and Lee can get something clicking. Interleague play starts soon, and we will be playing two superior teams in San Francisco and Los Angeles, and it would be immensely helpful if we can go into those games with a winning record, and just playing balls-out baseball again.

If I had a dollar for everytime I have heard that phrase uttered this year, I would be buying this team! :bang

no.

LOL, Heads, you're a funny, funny guy..didn't we say this after sweeping the O's??/Get swept by the twins next series, or taking 2 of 3 from the hottest team in baseball..Blue jays??and that last game against them when Carlos hit that winning 2 run homer???

lose the next 2 games aganst the Tigers..

Sorry, won't belive it till I see a significant winning streak

yes Sox took 1 out of 3 from a GREAT Tiger team :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm is grotesque.

He's simply asking if this come-from-behind victory to salvage a game in a series in which we looked DEAD could be a starting point for better things. I think it COULD be.

Like I said before, we've said that many times so far this year, so let's just wait and see what happens in Toronto and Cleveland.

Emotional wins such as today's can do wonders for a team, though. It wouldn't be the first time a game like this kick-started a team -- whether it's against the worst team in the league or the best.

He's simply asking if this come-from-behind victory to salvage a game in a series in which we looked DEAD could be a starting point for better things.  I think it COULD be.

Like I said before, we've said that many times so far this year, so let's just wait and see what happens in Toronto and Cleveland.

Emotional wins such as today's can do wonders for a team, though.  It wouldn't be the first time a game like this kick-started a team -- whether it's against the worst team in the league or the best.

You have been saying WAIT and see since KC opener at some point waiting has to end.

He's simply asking if this come-from-behind victory to salvage a game in a series in which we looked DEAD could be a starting point for better things.  I think it COULD be.

Emotional wins such as today's can do wonders for a team, though.  It wouldn't be the first time a game like this kick-started a team -- whether it's against the worst team in the league or the best.

You have been saying WAIT and see since KC opener at some point waiting has to end.

So far I'd say there have been 4 or 5 moments where I've thought "This could be the turning point", and today was the most recent one. The HUGE grand slam by Carlos, coupled with Crede's game-winner in the 12th have me VERY cautiously-optimistic. If we don't respond with 4 wins in our next 6 games or so, we will have wasted the momentum.

We're playing awful, and I'm looking for a bright spot dude -- just shut the hell up if you don't like optimism, and go into your corner and think negative thoughts if you want. Either way, you are not a Sox fan, and IF things turn around, I will remember your comments over the past couple of days.

So far I'd say there have been 4 or 5 moments where I've thought "This could be the turning point", and today was the most recent one. The HUGE grand slam by Carlos, coupled with Crede's game-winner in the 12th have me VERY cautiously-optimistic. If we don't respond with 4 wins in our next 6 games or so, we will have wasted the momentum.

We're playing awful, and I'm looking for a bright spot dude -- just shut the hell up if you don't like optimism, and go into your corner and think negative thoughts if you want. Either way, you are not a Sox fan, and IF things turn around, I will remember your comments over the past couple of days.

And when things do not turn around you can live in your hole in the ground. Some of us SOX fans have seen this dog and pony show for too many years, at some point you have to be a realist.

And when things do not turn around you can live in your hole in the ground. Some of us SOX fans have scene this dog and pony show for too many years, at some piont you have to be a realist.

You've "scene" this for years eh? Brilliant.

Anyway, there's no doubt that this team is better than they've shown so far, and we're still very much in the hunt since we play in a god awful division.

:fyou for being a pessimist, and :headbang for me for being an optimist.

It helps, but to get this team going, they have to bring in a player or two (Offensive side) that has great fundementals and can help this team when the big bats aren't going.

What big bats are we talking about?

The fundamental problem I believe is us believing we actually had a good O at the start of the season

Konerko had a career half year last year....he simply is not good

Lee is way too inconsistent to be considered a big bat

Frank unfortunately looks to be a shell of himself....

Maggs has been very disappointing this year.....hopefully he rebounds soon

This team just does not have the talent people think we do

This O would be OK if we had a great D from these guys....but with what we have.....we have to hope for miracles like today...AGAINST THE FREAKING TIGGERS

On a bright note, we are getting good pitching, aren't we?

It's the bats that have confused and pissed off us all.

Maybe if the pitching stays stong we'll wake up and win 10 of 12.

This pitching staff is one of the best in the majors. That why I can't stand for the Sox to stand pat for so long.

This game could be like Abbots game in 2000 but this game was against the Tigers (well actually, 2000 was against the Twins and they still sucked back then) so Id like to see us beat some real teams before we make comclusions. Still, we lost 2 of 3 to the Tigers which is not good at all...

This pitching staff is one of the best in the majors.  That why I can't stand for the Sox to stand pat for so long.

Nothing is going to change Jason.

Manuel isn't going anywhere, the only thing they'll do is start dumping the big salaries.

The fundamental problem I believe is us believing we actually had a good O at the start of the season

This O would be OK if we had a great D from these guys....but with what we have.....we have to hope for miracles like today...AGAINST THE FREAKING TIGGERS

This offense scored 850 runs last year....and you're going to try to tell me that this offense sucks?

This offense scored 850 runs last year....and you're going to try to tell me that this offense sucks?

Exactly.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Nothing is going to change Jason.

Manuel isn't going anywhere, the only thing they'll do is start dumping the big salaries.

WHITE FLAG.............its gonna happen.... hey btw did you listen to the paulie interview??? i was just wondering cause i missed it..........was curious what he and hawkaroo had to say.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

have you seen this offense this year?????? IT SUCKS............. pretty bad when the only guys who know about the little things like getting on base are the ones who are fresh up from the minors.... the vets are only interested in hitting home runs and thats it.......... :fyou em dump them all and start from scratch............