Can this be the game...

Heads22

I'm still opto-mystic. No clue why. I agree with all the analysis that says we suck but, in the end, I keep thinking this looks like a team that could get in the playoffs. We may get swept once we're there, but at least have a post season. I can't believe that Maggs will finish the season under .300. I beginning to believe PK has something wrong and can't figure out why the team doesn't just deal with it now. Frank, I'm not so sure this is as good as it gets.

The starting pitching for the most part is better than I expected. The closer less so. I thought this was a 7-3 maybe 8-2 stretch coming up with a major building of momentum now 6-4 may be a reason to rejoice.

Still 6 out in May isn't that bad . . .

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahh but when were in the weakest division of the league...6 out in may sucks.........we shouldnt be out at all with all the talent on this team.... just need to find a way to wake it up and make it useful or dump it all scrap the season and start over from scratch... on a season when your hosting the all star game, our position in the standings is not one we want to be in right now.............

You're right it sucks to be in this position. No matter what we're hosting. But we are still in the hunt. And with a series against Cleveland and Toronto - it is possible that we could end up at 500 over the next two series. So I'm still optimistic. At some point something has to give.

Oakland used to do the same thing year in, year out. Right? At least this year the hole isn't too deep.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You're right it sucks to be in this position. No matter what we're hosting. But we are still in the hunt. And with a series against Cleveland and Toronto - it is possible that we could end up at 500 over the next two series. So I'm still optimistic. At some point something has to give.

Oakland used to do the same thing year in, year out. Right? At least this year the hole isn't too deep.

we couldnt hunt down deer in the zoo with the staff we have on this team right now.............the only thing thats gonna give in is the white flag raised above the stadium after the all star game........were gonna be giving away the high salary guys and thats about all the giving were gonna do...........

Wee, they scored 850 runs last year. Well I dont give a crap about last year because this is this year. Stop living in the past!

I hate to attack like this....but are you too f***ing stupid to realize that this team has played like s*** all year? This is not the normal team. Everyone, except DJ, is hitting below their career averages. You know what that says to me? That says that this team has played like s*** and that it will turn around.

We will get it turned around. Trust me.

I hate to attack like this....but are you too f***ing stupid to realize that this team has played like s*** all year?  This is not the normal team.  Everyone, except DJ, is hitting below their career averages.  You know what that says to me?  That says that this team has played like s*** and that it will turn around.

We will get it turned around.  Trust me.

Fine, when were still right here in September, well talk. Be an optimist but when we still suck as the As and Yanks are going to the playoffs, just tell me who was right...

What big bats are we talking about?

The fundamental problem I believe is us believing we actually had a good O at the start of the season

Konerko had a career half year last year....he simply is not good

Lee is way too inconsistent to be considered a big bat

Frank unfortunately looks to be a shell of himself....

Maggs has been very disappointing this year.....hopefully he rebounds soon

This team just does not have the talent people think we do

This O would be OK if we had a great D from these guys....but with what we have.....we have to hope for miracles like today...AGAINST THE FREAKING TIGGERS

This offense scored 850 runs last year....and you're going to try to tell me that this offense sucks?

It is not the same team anymore.....no Kenny Lofton and no Ray Durham....

I hate to attack like this....but are you too f***ing stupid to realize that this team has played like s*** all year?  This is not the normal team.  Everyone, except DJ, is hitting below their career averages.  You know what that says to me?  That says that this team has played like s*** and that it will turn around.

We will get it turned around.  Trust me.

uhhhhhhhhhh DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: ;)