Brian Anderson interview on SCORE

whitesoxfan101

Just wrapped up. Sounds like a real goofball and very loose, should fit right in. Talked about how "he will play left or center, wherever Scotty decides not to play" which I found interesting. Says basketball is his favorite sport, but he sucks at it so he plays baseball now (also said he only play basketball even in HS becuase his team was so awful). Said defense is about being smart, but also aggresive. Says you can't prevent physical errors, but mental errors are something he tries to always avoid. Talked about how pitchers will be relieved to see him up there in the 8 or 9 spot after going through the meat of our order. Said people mistake him for Geoff Blum, even though he "has better hair, but isn't nearly as good looking". Laurence Holmes complimented him on being a real nice kid and wished him luck.

Overall, very good interview. BA sounds like a real likeable guy and I think he will go very well. Damned funny too, had me laughing a few times with his answers.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I'd like to see the kid do well. The sox need to have a few position players from their farm system make an impact. They can't fill all the spots via trades and free agency. The farm system is a team's last resort to fill a spot when or if an injury occurs, or if a veteran starts sucking it up.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
Agreed.  Anderson is such a dumbass, it's awesome.  Also, I heard he cut his hair for Soxfest, is this true?  :o

Yep, check him out in the photo gallery, he looks like Dobie Gillis.

I don't know how to link a Java script, but its the the top link in this story.

Soxfest Article

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Heads has said it before, and im starting to see why.

Anderson is going to be a bigger fan favortie than Rowand.

He just looks like he's having a f***ton of fun out there, and it's refereshing.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
I doubt it.  A player is only eligible for RotY if he has spent less than 45 days on the major league roster.

That is correct. As it stands right now, neither Jenks nor McCarthy (nor Borchard for that matter if he makes the roster) are ROY eligible next year. BA is. Tracy is if he makes the roster...ditto basically anyone else from our minors who does.