Poison Justice Stevens, Coulter jokes

BigSqwert

Link

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Conservative commentator Ann Coulter, speaking at a traditionally black college, joked that Justice John Paul Stevens should be poisoned.

Coulter had told the Philander Smith College audience Thursday that more conservative justices were needed on the Supreme Court to change the current law on abortion.

Stevens is one of the court's most liberal members.

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Coulter has made a career of writing and lecturing on her strongly conservative views.

At one point during her address, which was part of a lecture series, some audience members booed when she cut off two questioners. "I'm not going to be lectured to," Coulter told one man in a raised voice.

She drew more boos when she said the crack cocaine problem "has pretty much gone away."

Ann Coulter, just like Moore and Howard Dean (to a lesser extent, which is amazing) on the left, is a fringe cook dips*** who needs to have her vocal chords extracted. Then, if she learns to talk in sign language, she needs her arms cut off.

I know she's trying to be all satirical, but she's a complete ditz b**** who needs to STFU.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Dude...do you not see the irony between you finding a problem with her joking about poisoning Stevens and you saying someone should poison her?

It is my opinion that she would really want Stevens to be poisoned whereas I am just saying it about her in jest.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Ann Coulter, just like Moore and Howard Dean (to a lesser extent, which is amazing) on the left, is a fringe cook dips*** who needs to have her vocal chords extracted.  Then, if she learns to talk in sign language, she needs her arms cut off.

I know she's trying to be all satirical, but she's a complete ditz b**** who needs to STFU.

:notworthy :lol:

But isn't it wonderful how that trio can bring us together? I agree 100%, and LMAO that in that group, Dean is the moderate. :headshake

By the way, this highlights a big problem in the 24/7 barage of media noise. A commentator has to either catch lightening in a bottle (Rush, right place, right time) or become more and more outragous to attract attention and ratings.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Link

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Conservative commentator Ann Coulter, speaking at a traditionally black college, joked that Justice John Paul Stevens should be poisoned.

Coulter had told the Philander Smith College audience Thursday that more conservative justices were needed on the Supreme Court to change the current law on abortion.

Stevens is one of the court's most liberal members.

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Coulter has made a career of writing and lecturing on her strongly conservative views.

At one point during her address, which was part of a lecture series, some audience members booed when she cut off two questioners. "I'm not going to be lectured to," Coulter told one man in a raised voice.

She drew more boos when she said the crack cocaine problem "has pretty much gone away."

OMG what a stupid b****.

:rolly

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
It is my opinion that she would really want Stevens to be poisoned whereas I am just saying it about her in jest.

or perhaps she was joking too....?

edit: in no way am i defending what a stupid comment she made. a lady on air america made a joke about GWB like that too a while back, and got in deep s***. coulter deserves serious backlash for what she said, but probably wont get as much as she deserves.

Edited by samclemens

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Her joke is technically a violation of Arkansas law and is punishable by ten years in prison.

Oh you've got to be kidding me...will someone please try to prosecute this just to see what happens? (Sure whatever law it broke is probably unconstitutional...but I would just love to see it happen anyway.)

Arkansas State Code 5-51-202

(a)  For the purposes of this section, the term "government in the United States" means the government of the United States or the government of the State of Arkansas.

(B)  It shall be unlawful for any person to:

(1)  Knowingly advocate, abet, advise, or teach the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence or by the assassination of any officer of any such government;

©(1) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, be fined not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) or imprisoned for not more than ten (10) years, or both such fine and imprisonment.

Anyone care to relive the outrage when a supposed liberal stage a play during the Rebulican National Convention?

ryptic Comedy "I'm Gonna Kill the President!" to Play Somewhere in NYC, Aug. 17-Sept. 4

By Ernio Hernandez

20 Jul 2004

Assassins may have closed on Broadway, but another show is taking aim at the leader of the free world in the new guerilla comedy "I'm Gonna Kill the President!" A Federal Offense.

Performances begin at 10 PM at an undisclosed Manhattan location, running Aug. 17-Sept. 4 — including the dates of the Republican National Convention.

A press release for the work penned by "Hieronymous BANG" reads like an classified government document with key words crossed out with a black marker. The material reads ""I'm Gonna Kill the President!" A Federal Offense blends Dario Fo, Abbie Hoffman and the Muppets ======= the story of a confused student's revolutionary awakening and ====== submarines ====== return of the buffalo."

The secretive staging also employs detailed instructions to conspiring audience members: "To see the show, go to Manhattan and proceed to the middle of 10th Street, between Avenue A and Avenue B. Our agents will contact you there. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before showtime." The show offers the show's reservation line, with the further warning, "Latecomers will not be shown to the theatre. And make sure you're not followed." The recording also sends a message to the feds: "If you're some kind of law enforcement agent or official, hang up now, there's nothing illegal happening here."

Tickets — "available to Republican delegates (with ID) for free" — are priced at $15. For reservations, call (212) 802-7446.