Top 10 double standards of dating

GASHWOUND

Wow, that was one whiny article!!

All I can say about the dating scene is that I lucked out and found a GREAT woman 13 years ago, and I don't EVER want to be in the dating pool again! I remember what a f***in headache it was to meet someone, go on a couple dates and find out that just TALLKING to her gave me a headache! ( Also on the other end of that equation, too - had women just disappear and never return calls )

Trying to find someone that you like, that also likes YOU, is a crapshoot at best - I'm always surprised when it happens!!

What else did you expect?  Men b****ing and moaning about relationships is the new black.

Sure, and saying b****ing and complaining about b****ing and complaining men who b**** and complain about relationships is soooo 90's

:bang

Wow, that was one whiny article!!

All I can say about the dating scene is that I lucked out and found a GREAT woman 13 years ago, and I don't EVER want to be in the dating pool again! I remember what a f***in headache it was to meet someone, go on a couple dates and find out that just TALLKING to her gave me a headache! ( Also on the other end of that equation, too - had women just disappear and never return calls )

Trying to find someone that you like, that also likes YOU, is a crapshoot at best - I'm always surprised when it happens!!

I didn't find the article whiny at all, just the plain 'ol truth.

Come on, that was a classic example of men crying to men about "poor poor men". Whether or not there are kernels of truth to it ( I think there were SOME - not all truth, but some rang true ), that's the same kind of stuff you see women whine about on "The View" and crap like that. In my own singular individual personal opinion, that was a very "boo hoo hoo" article.

Come on, that was a classic example of men crying to men about "poor poor men". Whether or not there are kernels of truth to it ( I think there were SOME - not all truth, but some rang true ), that's the same kind of stuff you see women whine about on "The View" and crap like that. In my own singular individual personal opinion, that was a very "boo hoo hoo" article.

yeah, real easy to take that stand when you're happily married. :P

The article or top 10 list was written not as "whiny" but truth in observation of how double standards are for men and women...I'm in a relationship now, and have experienced alot that's in that article, also in past dates.

It seems in your 13 years in the same relationship you have been P-whipped by your women and have learned to live with the DS so to a yound man like myself it seems very well written and all of it the Truth, but to you through day after day of taking it and maybe the extent of your long relationship has some how decreased your insight into what is double standards for men and women and what is now reality to you my friend..For 13 years you have been dying a slow death..you have probably been beaten down that you are blind to that stuff now.. She has finally won..tsk, tsk, tsk :D Hold back those tears, the truth hurts to much for you, I know...

But that's my my own singular individual personal opinion :D

yeah, real easy to take that stand when you're happily married. :P

HA! happily married... A slow death :P

The article or top 10 list was written not as "whiny" but truth in observation of how double standards are for men and women...I'm in a relationship now, and have experienced alot that's in that article, also in past dates.

It seems in your 13 years in the same relationship you have been P-whipped by your women and have learned to live with the DS so to a yound man like myself it seems very well written and all of it the Truth, but to you through day after day of taking it and maybe the extent of your long relationship has some how decreased your insight into what is double standards for men and women and what is now reality to you my friend..For 13 years you have been dying a slow death..you have probably been beaten down that you are blind to that stuff now.. She has finally won..tsk, tsk, tsk :D Hold back those tears, the truth hurts to much for you, I know...

I would much rather be "P-whipped" with a woman who gives me time and space to take part in my hobbies and activities and who respects our differences as a necessary part of our collective partnership than be a "lone wolf, single stud" who b****es and whines about a perceived "double standard" in a situation that he enters into on a volutary basis, yet does nothing to change it.

Fact of the matter is, things are basically the way they've been for decades and some guys have no other course of action than to "take it", as you put it, and find some kind of comfort in the fact that other guys also take it.

If you go into the "hunt" believing in those so-called double standards, then you're setting yourself up to fail, because those so-called double standards will always be in the back of your mind, ready to be used as a crutch when things don't always go your way, or God forbid, when you actually DO something that fits conveniently into your little list of complaints.

I'm sorry that some of you can't find a good woman who can accept you, faults and all, but I'm not apologizing for my good luck. And trust me, my young friend, there's no death of any kind over here - best of luck to you.

I would much rather be "P-whipped" with a woman who gives me time and space to take part in my hobbies and activities and who respects our differences as a necessary part of our collective partnership than be a "lone wolf, single stud" who b****es and whines about a perceived "double standard" in a situation that he enters into on a volutary basis, yet does nothing to change it.

Fact of the matter is, things are basically the way they've been for decades and some guys have no other course of action than to "take it", as you put it, and find some kind of comfort in the fact that other guys also take it.

If you go into the "hunt" believing in those so-called double standards, then you're setting yourself up to fail, because those so-called double standards will always be in the back of your mind, ready to be used as a crutch when things don't always go your way, or God forbid, when you actually DO something that fits conveniently into your little list of complaints.

I'm sorry that some of you can't find a good woman who can accept you, faults and all, but I'm not apologizing for my good luck. And trust me, my young friend, there's no death of any kind over here - best of luck to you.

That rant was being a little sarcastic if you didn't know..I know what your talking about..I've been in a relationship for about a year and obviously my girlfriend does really give me my space and is basically a good women..hey, its been a year and am still with her, but it looks like you have the impression that the guy who wrote the article and I in general go into a date or into a relationship with the thoughts in the back of my head saying, " Oh, here comes the check, guess who's paying the bill again argh!!!" or whatever. During that relationship that stuff in the article goes unnoticed, and really doesn't come into discussion unless you're with the guys or whatever..People who hold a grudge on the double standards are the one's who are alone and or who have one-night stand after another..

They really hate women, and are just out there for the screw..see what I'm saying

With me, I pay for about 90% of the stuff with my girlfirend..(Dinner, gas, clothes, etc) and I'm doing it with no reservation outward to my girlfriend, not even in the back of my mind during the situation.

Like I said above, those things in the article don't enter a man's mind as a prerequisite in going into a relationship or even going out on a first date.

None of this stuff is brought up with the girl, its only brought up(like I said) with the guys or if you're writing an article for AskMen.

So obviously men learn to live with it and take it..if you don't you;ll be a angry, lonely man your entire life

That's because you aren't a whiny, self-involved dork/playa wannabe like the rest of the Maxim/AskMen contingent.

Yeah..so what's it like being you? A man's man like yourself...

Must be hard being so cool that mere mortals like myself may seem whiny, self-involved dork/playa wannabe in your eyes... :rolleyes:

Gimme a f***in break dude :fyou

That rant was being a little sarcastic if you didn't know..I know what your talking about..I've been in a relationship for about a year and obviously my girlfriend does really give me my space and is basically a good women..hey, its been a year and am still with her, but it looks like you have the impression that the guy who wrote the article and I in general go into a date or into a relationship with the thoughts in the back of my head saying, " Oh, here comes the check, guess who's paying the bill again argh!!!" or whatever. During that relationship that stuff in the article goes unnoticed, and really doesn't come into discussion unless you're with the guys or whatever..People who hold a grudge on the double standards are the one's who are alone and or who have one-night stand after another..

They really hate women, and are just out there for the screw..see what I'm saying

With me, I pay for about 90% of the stuff with my girlfirend..(Dinner, gas, clothes, etc) and I'm doing it with no reservation outward to my girlfriend, not even in the back of my mind during the situation.

Like I said above, those things in the article don't enter a man's mind as a prerequisite in going into a relationship or even going out on a first date.

None of this stuff is brought up with the girl, its only brought up(like I said) with the guys or if you're writing an article for AskMen.

So obviously men learn to live with it and take it..if you don't you;ll be a angry, lonely man your entire life

No, sorry, GW, I didn't catch the sarcasm - I probably don't know you well enough to read that in your posts yet.

As far as paying for the date, my opinion has always been that if you ask someone out, you pay. It was your idea, after all. If and when you develop a relationship with that person, it should evolve into a situation where you each pay some of the time ( at least it did in my case ). if not, then you have a decision to make - whether it's worth it or not to continue paying the way.

But maybe I've been out of the "game" for too long to really know what goes on anymore...

Guest hotsoxchick1

what freakin whinner mens rights group wrote that bunch of bull s***..........geez us.....why cant everyone in a relationship just be honest and upfront.. no expatations and no puttin on a show to attract.... lay it out and say heres what you get and thats it.... take it or leave it.........done...........on another note.. HEY BJ THANKS FOR THE AVAITOR .. I LOVE IT...... YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE ME SMILE.............. :D

.......geez us.....why cant everyone in a relationship just be honest and upfront.. no expatations and no puttin on a show to attract.... lay it out and say heres what you get and thats it.... take it or leave it.........done

Far be it for me to defend all that "rules" nonsense (it goes for men and women btw).......but I gotta admit that "putting on a show" and other suprises and eternal mysteries of love is a big part of dating for me. I just don't want to get to a point where everything about Nat is predictable and convenient and unexciting...even if it means paying the price like burning the relationship out after a few glorious years...Say what you will about BBT-Angelina Jolie-type love, it's least it's all-consumming and nearly everyday is an adventure. Give me two years of that than 30 years of Clinton-Hillary mutual usage crap....

No, I say bring on all the hi-lo tempestuousness, occasional personality clashes and, of course, lots and lots of make-up sex! :bringit

Guest hotsoxchick1
Far be it for me to defend all that "rules" nonsense (it goes for men and women btw).......but I gotta admit that "putting on a show" and other suprises and eternal mysteries of love is a big part of dating for me. I just don't want to get to a point where everything about Nat is predictable and convenient and unexciting...even if it means paying the price like burning the relationship out after a few glorious years...Say what you will about BBT-Angelina Jolie-type love, it's least it's all-consumming and nearly everyday is an adventure.    Give me two years of that than 30 years of Clinton-Hillary mutual usage crap....

No, I say bring on all the hi-lo tempestuousness, occasional personality clashes and, of course,  lots and lots of make-up sex! :bringit

i think you misunderstood what i was tryin to get across there brando.... im not sayin be predictable but hell dont put on a show makin someone think they are gettin something they really arent ... do ya get my drift???

Far be it for me to defend all that "rules" nonsense (it goes for men and women btw).......but I gotta admit that "putting on a show" and other suprises and eternal mysteries of love is a big part of dating for me.   I just don't want to get to a point where everything about Nat is predictable and convenient and unexciting...even if it means paying the price like burning the relationship out after a few glorious years...Say what you will about BBT-Angelina Jolie-type love, it's least it's all-consumming and nearly everyday is an adventure.    Give me two years of that than 30 years of Clinton-Hillary mutual usage crap....

No, I say bring on all the hi-lo tempestuousness, occasional personality clashes and, of course,  lots and lots of make-up sex!   :bringit

i think you misunderstood what i was tryin to get across there brando.... im not sayin be predictable but hell dont put on a show makin someone think they are gettin something they really arent ... do ya get my drift???

Oh, you mean like the Joe Millionaire type thing? Then yeah, I agree if your relationship is based on false pretenses, I can certainly see how it can get f***ed up very quick...There is always a fine line.

What I was tying to get at, though, is the "game" on the more or less minor level,

which that poor-me double standard article (and many of it's ilk like the "rules" one) was partly

about I think. On one hand all that superficial crap can seem totally self-absorbed and annoying...on the other hand, it's an art in itself and in some form is pretty indispensible to a white hot relationship as far as I am concerned. Again YMMV.

Another problem I have with the "laying the cards on the table" concept is that even if I saw any point in that (which I don't, serious lying notwithstanding), how exactly to you go about it? It's not like you can encapsulate your own existence/essence in one or two digestable sentences so that the other person could just "get it" and everything will become perfect and convenient and easy thereafter...

To me, it's just a matter of being honest with someone. You don't have to lay all your cards on the table right off the bat. Learning the other person is part of the development of a relationship. As long as I am honest about my self, my fellings and my perception of any relationship I enter into, then the woman knows exactly what she is getting... and therefore can take it or leave it. Though, in a relationship that has some serious potential, I would be happy to make some subtle changes for the sake of, and to improve the quality of said relationship.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Oh, you mean like the Joe Millionaire type thing? Then yeah, I agree if your relationship is based on false pretenses, I can certainly see how it can get f***ed up very quick...There is always a fine line.

exactly what i meant...fake, false, non honest... no good in my book.. i rather be with someone whos upfront, true to themselves and comfortable with who and what they are.......save the "shows" for the bedroom.... ;) or wherever it is that floats your boat.......