Core of the Core - 1/30 Update

Heads22

Kurt's been working with Hal (Torn Labrum here as well as at WSI) and they've come up with a date for this year's gathering.

When: Monday May 22nd - The Return of Frank Thomas to the Cell, set for 7:05 start

How Much: $44 a ticket/ plus any parking expense

What: Pre-game patio party ticket and a lower reserved ticket

Due to the smashing success of our first Core of the Core Night last year, we are in the early planning phases for Core of the Core Night ’06. I have been working w/ Hal Vickery from WSI on establishing a date and wanted to make sure all members from SoxTalk.com as well as SouthSiders.net are included as part of the outing. At this point the date we have selected for the event is May 22 – the return of Frank Thomas. I was also able to secure a price break for the outing at $44/ticket which will include a pre-game Patio party ticket as well as a Lower Res’d. seat. At this point none of the logistics are in place to take ticket orders yet, but I wanted to make sure you were all made aware of the date and could pass the info along to your appropriate websites. I have attached last year’s flyer as a point of reference.

Hope all’s well and contact me w/ any questions/concerns/ideas on how to make the ’06 event even better than ‘05.  I will be in touch.

Kurt

I have also attached the flyer from last year....

Please also use this thread for any input like he asked.

Let's get more than the handful from last year....you've got 4 months warning. :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Can somebody explain to the stupid *waves* what exactly "core of the core" is?  I know this is the 2nd year they are doing it.

It's a game in which we Sox "fanatics" (hence called the 'core of the core') get together for food, brew, and a game where we can out-analyze each other... a good time guaranteed. :cheers

You get to actually meet other people on this board and other Sox' boards.

Don't despair yet, guys. There is some talk of maybe having a second or even more "Core of the Core" outings.

Yes, there was talk about having it in the Summer months, BUT there was also a lot of talk about being there when Frank returns. There are LOTS of "Frankophiles" over at WSI.

Getting Sox fans to agree on something--even a game--is harder than herding cats.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 07:22 AM)
I also thought one the main suggestions was not to have it during the typical school year.  So, they choose finals week.  :headshake

I think that's only Gage's final week. Somehow, that happened.....LOL

A lot of universities finish up in early May, I would think. My last day of regular classes is April 28.

Also, this date was one thrown out at WSI and a lot of the older folk agreed with it......and since they had the vast majority last year, they're being catered to a little more.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 07:57 AM)
I'm surprised and glad that they're even considering another COTC event, given the increased demand for tickets this year and last year's relatively poor turnout.

I'm interested in going.

Exactly. Securing a block of 200+ tickets in July-Sept is already much harder then it was last year due to the increase. April or May was the initial choice. The 5/22 game will be a hot ticket. But damn you Sox for not making it a weekend or summer night.. :P