Wrestling is honest. Baseball is dishonest.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
This is a funny thread.

For someone like myself, who has seen damn near every wrestling show since I was a kid, it's interesting to read the thoughts of people who used to watch it, or people who sometimes catch it.

Lot of weird comments.

Can you pin it as "The Wrestling Thread"? :)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Can you pin it as "The Wrestling Thread"?  :)

Heh.

I don't forsee much wrestling talk here.

I do enjoy reading the thoughts though. If anyone has any questions in the future about wrestling, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
This is a funny thread.

For someone like myself, who has seen damn near every wrestling show since I was a kid, it's interesting to read the thoughts of people who used to watch it, or people who sometimes catch it.

Lot of weird comments.

WOW, since you were a KID????

FIVE WHOLE YEARS????

:P :lolhitting

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
I don't have a problem... :P

YAY INSIDE WRESTLING JOKES~!

Don't break kayfabe or you'll get backstage heat with the bookers, and you'll be depushed to being a curtain jerker or worse, jobbing in dark matches with Dusty finishes...

What? Too INSIDE????

:bang

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Don't break kayfabe or you'll get backstage heat with the bookers, and you'll be depushed to being a curtain jerker or worse, jobbing in dark matches with Dusty finishes...

What? Too INSIDE????

:bang

I certainly would be breaking kayfabe if I translated what you said into something non-marks could understand.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
MMMMk.  Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair are all actors who work in common jobs. 

Did I say that wrestling was a sport?  Or did I say you cannot compare athletes to actors?  Just because there is a script to wrestling, doesnt make these guys all actors.  They are athletes, and just because they follow a script doesnt mean they can be compared to Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman.  Horrible Comparison.

I actually think that we are on the same page. Maybe instead of actors, we should use the word entertainers?

I also agree that these guys are very athletic. Certainly the build up of works and the more soap-opera style of the WWE over the past 10 years is a break from their tradition of just yelling at each other. Some guys still are pretty stiff when they are doing a bit to set up their future matches. Few guys are talented enough to pull off both. A Kurt Angle comes to mind as the prime example of this.