Checking in on Clinton's investment fund.

southsider2k5

Bill Clinton has made corporate reform one of his top causes since leaving the White House. He calls for more "socially responsible" investing, better protection of workers and greater diversity in corporate management. At the same time, he condemns cronyism, excessive pay for top management and an alleged emphasis on short-term profits at the expense of workers.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton — a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee — has bashed corporations for their failure to live up to their pension obligations.

Yet, as the senior adviser to two investment funds managing public pension funds, Bill Clinton has himself promoted an investment fund that promises to put money into "lower-income urban and rural communities" — but instead devotes its cash to Al Gore's upstart cable channel and his wife's financial supporters.

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read...le.asp?ID=21092

You will be glad to know that there were some minority owned investments made... Sean Jean clothing, owned by one Sean Combs recieved a nice investment. Also in the interest of supporting the working man and their futures, the fund has a $100 million investment set up for Aloha airlines... which of course is contingent upon them flushing the companies pension and current employee contracts.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read...le.asp?ID=21092

You will be glad to know that there were some minority owned investments made... Sean Jean clothing, owned by one Sean Combs recieved a nice investment.  Also in the interest of supporting the working man and their futures, the fund has a $100 million investment set up for Aloha airlines... which of course is contingent upon them flushing the companies pension and current employee contracts.

This can't be. Only Republicans do this kind of s***.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
THESE ARE ALL LIES!!!!!

LIES MADE UP BY THE VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!

Nuke, read it again, I know it's a reflex to call the media liers, but this one is against the Dems. :D

I'm puzzled why all there's still all these right-wing attacks against Clinton. The man's been out of office for 5 years.

Maybe the best response is to revisit some of the misdeeds of the Nixon administration. It's as relevant.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:17 AM)
I'm puzzled why all there's still all these right-wing attacks against Clinton.  The man's been out of office for 5 years.

Maybe the best response is to revisit some of the misdeeds of the Nixon administration.  It's as relevant.

Probably because his wife is still a Senator, and may be running for higher office in 2 years?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
Probably because his wife is still a Senator, and may be running for higher office in 2 years?

Then they should talk about Hillary. Bill Clinton is no longer the president, yet he still serves as a rallying point for the right wing nuts.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Then they should talk about Hillary.  Bill Clinton is no longer the president, yet he still serves as a rallying point for the right wing nuts.

If Bill is doing something inappropriate, it reflects directly on Hillary. For example, Tom Delay's family managed to conveniently wind up with high paying jobs funded by his donors in his campaigns for several years before people started paying attention. Does the fact that it was his family doing it and not him mean that it doesn't reflect on him?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 06:30 AM)
If Bill is doing something inappropriate, it reflects directly on Hillary. For example, Tom Delay's family managed to conveniently wind up with high paying jobs funded by his donors in his campaigns for several years before people started paying attention.  Does the fact that it was his family doing it and not him mean that it doesn't reflect on him?

Wow, Balta and I agree on something. :o :o :o

:P

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
I'm puzzled why all there's still all these right-wing attacks against Clinton.  The man's been out of office for 5 years.

Maybe the best response is to revisit some of the misdeeds of the Nixon administration.  It's as relevant.

Did I miss his retirement from politics? Isn't he still out there getting paid to give speeches, and talk about the current state of the country? At least I thought that was our 42nd President I saw on TV...