blog threatens to 'out' married Senator

EvilMonkey

http://www.blogactive.com/2006/01/mister-senator.html

Mister Senator...

This post will be read by thousands and thousands of people... It's directed at ONE person.

Mr. Senator:

Tomorrow you will be faced with a vote that may have the longest aftereffects of any other you have cast in your Senate career.

Tomorrow you will decide if your political position is worth more than doing what is right for others like you. For others like you, Mr. Senator, who engage in oral sex with other men. (Although, Mr. Senator, most of us don't do in the bathrooms of Union Station!) Your fake marriage, by the way, will NOT protect you from the truth being told on this blog.

How does this blog decide who to report on? It's simple. We report on hypocrites. In this case, hypocrites who vote against the gay and lesbian community while engaging in gay sex themselves*.

When you cast that vote, Mr. Senator, represent your own...it's the least you could do.

Michael Rogers

blogACTIVE.com

*While votes on many matters are considered, votes "FOR" either the Alito nomination and the Federal Marriage Amendment are enough to qualify legislators for reporting on this site.

Couldn't this guy be proscecuted for extortion? Just a thought.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
http://www.blogactive.com/2006/01/mister-senator.html

Couldn't this guy be proscecuted for extortion?  Just a thought.

It actually falls under blackmail: The UCR definition is a one kind of extortion -- specifically, extortion by threatening another's reputation with the disclosure of incriminating statements

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
It's not illegal to accuse someone of being gay.

But it is wrong. Really wrong.

No, but you would think it would be illegal to threaten someones job and livelihood by revealing that they are homosexual. This is an angry blogger though, it doesnt seem like he is thinking through his plan so well.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
No, but you would think it would be illegal to threaten someones job and livelihood by revealing that they are homosexual.  This is an angry blogger though, it doesnt seem like he is thinking through his plan so well.

How does being gay threaten someone's job? Oh that's right, you CAN be fired for being gay. Legally. In most states.

Better we make it illegal to lose your job for being gay than to make it illegal to threaten someone's job for accusing them of being gay.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:18 AM)
No, but you would think it would be illegal to threaten someones job and livelihood by revealing that they are homosexual.  This is an angry blogger though, it doesnt seem like he is thinking through his plan so well.

Now you are in a tricky situation. One has to agree that being a homosexual would threaten their job and livelihood. Don't we have laws against discrimination?

I'm guessing, there isn't a known Senator in the receiving end of that threat, but maybe a bid to potentially guess right, or to attract attention to his blog.

Under any circumstances it is wrong in so many ways.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Now you are in a tricky situation. One has to agree that being a homosexual would threaten their job and livelihood. Don't we have laws against discrimination?

I'm guessing, there isn't a known Senator in the receiving end of that threat, but maybe a bid to potentially guess right, or to attract attention to his blog.

Under any circumstances it is wrong in so many ways.

There was ONE Republican senator who voted against alito. Chaffe, I think. Hmmmmm.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
There was ONE Republican senator who voted against alito.  Chaffe, I think.  Hmmmmm.

Let's say there was a GOP Senator who was on the receiving end of that threat, which would be a worse case for any reelection bid, caving in to blackmail, a bj in Union Station?

And why would a bj in Union Station be any better or worse then one near the Oval Office?

When I heard it was Union Station, I assumed it was a Democrat :)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
Let's say there was a GOP Senator who was on the receiving end of that threat, which would be a worse case for any reelection bid, caving in to blackmail, a bj in Union Station?

And why would a bj in Union Station be any better or worse then one near the Oval Office?

When I heard it was Union Station, I assumed it was a Democrat  :)

I would imagine theres more than 1 Union Station out there.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
There was ONE Republican senator who voted against alito.  Chaffe, I think.  Hmmmmm.

Wow. Speculating like that is as bad as threatening to out someone in the first place. Chaffee said that he wouldn't vote for someone that he thought would put Roe at risk. I think he might have simply been honoring a pledge to his constituents.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
Is this what politics has come to?  Stop the world I want to get off.

That's the power of the internet. This one can't be directly blamed on politics, unless somehow the other party is involved. Looking at that blog and other internet sites, vs. the main stream media, how biased do they look now? I worry with all the blogs and ease of publishing that we will lose site of who is "legit" and who isn't. We may become so willing to accept news tailored to our views, we will lose the ability to know wrong from right.

I try at least once a week to listen to and find areas I can agree with Rush. I usually can, once I get past the of his show.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
How does being gay threaten someone's job? Oh that's right, you CAN be fired for being gay. Legally. In most states.

Better we make it illegal to lose your job for being gay than to make it illegal to threaten someone's job for accusing them of being gay.

I dont think being gay threatens anyones job, I dont have any problems with homosexuals. But we both know that this blogger is threatening the senators job, unless the senator plans on staying on the job after being outed, which would be a huge step forward. But I dont see that happening unfortunately.

discrimation sucks, no matter how you shake it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
I dont think being gay threatens anyones job, I dont have any problems with homosexuals.  But we both know that this blogger is threatening the senators job, unless the senator plans on staying on the job after being outed, which would be a huge step forward.  But I dont see that happening unfortunately. 

discrimation sucks, no matter how you shake it.

There are openly gay members of Congress right now.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
LIBEL!! I love me some Allison Krauss, and I'm no republican.

go to www.flasoxxjimisaredneck.com

I'm outing you as a redneck.... I saw you at Union Station rednecking with other men and women.

:lol: :chair :cheers