blog threatens to 'out' married Senator

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
There are openly gay members of Congress right now.

Ok, Im trying to peg where you are coming from but I dont get it. This guy is obviously trying to out the Senator as a threat ( personally I dont feel that someones sexuality should predispose them to one job or another, but thats just me), and the only threat I can see is the Senators position in the Senate. But its like you are trying to tell me Im wrong. Am I wrong here? Are you seeing something I am not?

I dont side with the blogger in the slightest, I think using someones personal life against them to further a political agenda is jsut plain wrong, and the blogger is trying to press for gay rights by threatening a mans gay lifestyle.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
go to www.flasoxxjimisaredneck.com

I'm outing you as a redneck.... I saw you at Union Station rednecking with other men and women.

:lol: :chair  :cheers

I outed myself last week. I'm two generations removed from life in grand old Greer's Ferry Arkansas.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Ok, Im trying to peg where you are coming from but I dont get it.  This guy is obviously trying to out the Senator as a threat ( personally I dont feel that someones sexuality should predispose them to one job or another, but thats just me), and the only threat I can see is the Senators position in the Senate.  But its like you are trying to tell me Im wrong.  Am I wrong here?  Are you seeing something I am not?

I dont side with the blogger in the slightest, I think using someones personal life against them to further a political agenda is jsut plain wrong, and the blogger is trying to press for gay rights by threatening a mans gay lifestyle.

It's not the Senator's position in the Senate, it's the Senator's positions.

You're gay but you make your living attacking your own rights. Is it a method to get these people unelected? Yes, it's also a method to try to get the Senator to change his positions. And it's the wrong thing to do, but not illegal.

The Senator is threatened with being "outted" because he supports positions that are at its core "anti-gay." (Although I don't agree with the Alito nomination as being anti-gay, but its a hard sell to say the Federal Marriage Amendment is anything but...)

But to play the devil's advocate, would you want a politician representing you that panders to his base so much that he'd be willing to attack his own civil rights as an abomination, unnatural, a danger to families, or whatever he is?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
But to play the devil's advocate, would you want a politician representing you that panders to his base so much that he'd be willing to attack his own civil rights as an abomination, unnatural, a danger to families, or whatever he is?

I understand your point, and I understand what the blogger is trying to do, I just dont think he lends any credibility to his stance when he is saying that he gave some senator a BJ in the union station bathroom, and that is his proof that this senator is gay. To me, this blogger is painting homosexuals in a bad light and he isnt helping his own cause by pulling this stunt. Realistically is this "outing" going to actually get something done?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
I understand your point, and I understand what the blogger is trying to do, I just dont think he lends any credibility to his stance when he is saying that he gave some senator a BJ in the union station bathroom, and that is his proof that this senator is gay.  To me, this blogger is painting homosexuals in a bad light and he isnt helping his own cause by pulling this stunt.  Realistically is this "outing" going to actually get something done?

It might get him a date

I still believe this was a ploy to increase traffic to his blog. I doubt he did a Senator in the bathroom of Union Station. I can't believe a Senator would be that dumb/horny/stupid, especially one that reportedly has a wife for cover.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Either that or checking out the stalls more often :bang  :P

Do you remember the bathroom stalls on the second floor, near the food court, before they remodeled it? The walls and doors of each stall went all the way to the ground--it was like a closet.

All I know is if anything were going to happen anywhere, it would have happened there. Just don't ask me how I know. :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Do you remember the bathroom stalls on the second floor, near the food court, before they remodeled it? The walls and doors of each stall went all the way to the ground--it was like a closet.

All I know is if anything were going to happen anywhere, it would have happened there. Just don't ask me how I know.  :D

Yeah now they have those creepy autorefill plastic sheet covered toilet seats. They just ain't right.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
I assume the blogger is talking about Union Station in D. C.

Yeah, I just googled Union Station and noticed there's no fewer than four cities whose train stations share the name.

Well, atleast I can begin riding the Metra into the station again.......

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
I understand your point, and I understand what the blogger is trying to do, I just dont think he lends any credibility to his stance when he is saying that he gave some senator a BJ in the union station bathroom, and that is his proof that this senator is gay.  To me, this blogger is painting homosexuals in a bad light and he isnt helping his own cause by pulling this stunt.  Realistically is this "outing" going to actually get something done?

Well, some would argue if it means one less vote for the FMA, yes it would be getting something done.