Uniform Costs at Work

Texsox

Just wondering, it has been so long since I've worked a part time job. How many of you have to buy uniforms for a part-time job? One of my son's friends was telling me he has to buy a $12 t-shirt to work at his job. That seemed odd, when he earns less than $6 per hour.

My wife is a nurse, she has been buying scrubs since she got out of college. Then due to a patient study the Hospital she works at decided to change the style of the top(solid color only). So we had to go back to square one and buy a whole group of new ones. Those things are expensive.

At Culvers I had to pay $45 for my SHOES. They made me wear their f***ing shoes. I was pissed off, and they took the money out of my paycheck, so I couldn't just let my parents buy them. I quit/got fired from that job after three weeks because they wouldn't let me call off work to go to a Sox game. They told me if I went to the game, I would be fired, so technically it was quitting and getting fired. It turned out to be a great decision because Buehrle got a W and the Sox beat the Orioles in a game that meant something last May. It's always a cool story to tell people that you got fired from your job for the sake of the White Sox.

My wife was an x-ray tech and the hospital always supplied the scrubs , I own a closet full of suits from living and working up north, that I hope to never wear again. And I just remembered when I was working for Foot Locker, I owned a few referee looking shirts, so I guess it isn't so strange.