Greg Norton

Jim Fainter

On occasion some board member will take a swipe at Greg Norton, and his defensive misplays of the past. Let me tell you, he has improved. I get to see him play with the Rockies, and they start him every now and then. Yesterday was one of those days. He made three count 'em three tremendous plays AND a long 2 run double off the centerfield wall. He has made himself into a solid third baseman, and he credits Sandy Alomar, Sr. for the transformation. Of course, he is hitting about .180, but that is another story.

I always liked Norton, and I pull for him to do well. The Rockettes have a young thirdbaseman who is hitting over .350 in AAA, so Norton's days might be numbered in Denver, but he is twice the defensive player he was when he was with the Sox.

The only time I ever liked him was 1999, when he had that 4 homerun series against the tigers, I thought his career was going to go up from there. Thank God we got Herbert Perry in 2000

My only real good memory of Greg Norton is when he'd hit a homer.

Hawk and Wimpy would yell "Norton, your the greatest!"

I remember that, that was cool. I thought he was OK, but he wasnt that great, as evidenced by him hitting .180 with the Rockies...

On occasion some board member will take a swipe at Greg Norton, and his defensive misplays of the past.  Let me tell you, he has improved.  I get to see him play with the Rockies, and they start him every now and then.  Yesterday was one of those days.  He made three count 'em three tremendous plays AND a long 2 run double off the centerfield wall.  He has made himself into a solid third baseman, and he credits Sandy Alomar, Sr. for the transformation.  Of course, he is hitting about .180, but that is another story.

I always liked Norton, and I pull for him to do well.  The Rockettes have a young thirdbaseman who is hitting over .350 in AAA, so Norton's days might be numbered in Denver, but he is twice the defensive player he was when he was with the Sox.

Norton was awful when he was with the Sox. He'd overthrow the first baseman more than anybody I've ever seen. They needed a net over the 1st base dugout to protect the fans!! :lol: