how do u know if you are truely a sox fan

sox4life14

hey guys i just watched both of the white sox world seris dvd and i just noticed that i got the chills about ever 2 seconds. i heard one time after a game that the host was talking about the opening video before the game started and said if you dont get the chills you are not a true fan. i just wanted to see if i am the only one who feels like that or if all fans are like that

sox4life14

QUOTE(sox4life14 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
hey guys i just watched both of the white sox world seris dvd and i just noticed that i got the chills about ever 2 seconds.  i heard one time after a game that the host was talking about the opening video before the game started and said if you dont get the chills you are not a true fan.  i just wanted to see if i am the only one who feels like that or if all fans are like that

sox4life14

Yeah I definitely get chills when I'm at the game when they play the video. I also get the chills still now after I see playoff highlights.. :D :gosox1:

QUOTE(sox4life14 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
hey guys i just watched both of the white sox world seris dvd and i just noticed that i got the chills about ever 2 seconds.  i heard one time after a game that the host was talking about the opening video before the game started and said if you dont get the chills you are not a true fan.  i just wanted to see if i am the only one who feels like that or if all fans are like that

sox4life14

If your a real true Sox fan you dont need to question it, you just know.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Usually it involves a combination of Widger, Rogo, an inflatable swimming pool and lots of mayo.

Oh that's perfectly normal, I have that dream every night.

Except instead of Rogo, Valentin is there.

All that's important is that Widger is there.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
Oh that's perfectly normal, I have that dream every night.

Except instead of Rogo, Valentin is there. 

All that's important is that Widger is there.

Valentin used to observe from outside the pool, he would be seated on a pink fold up chair with a baby blue parasol above his head, he'd be wearing the bottom half of a Barney costume and be shirtless, exposing his hairy chest. He would spray the two with baby oil as they wrestled with glee. Jose doesn't come around too much anymore, he's gone Hollywood and has no time for our two bit operation.

As much as I may get the chills watching the World Series DVD (3 times now) or the Sox Pride DVD (6 times now), being there for Game 1 ALDS, Game 2 ALCS and Game 2 WS, feeling it live...and then watching them to go on and win it all at a friends White Sox clincher party is something those DVD's can never touch.

Not only did the Sox win the world series...they waited until I was in the prime of my life to do so.

The Bears winning in 1985 was great...but I was like 10...not quite the same experience as winning when you're 30. Especially since Baseball >>>>>>>>>> Football > Any other sport.

I got teary-eyed during the National Anthem when I was in the stands for Game 1 of the World Series. I thought I'd never see the day when we made it that far, much less did I ever think I would be there to see it in person.

When I watch the highlights, I can't help but throw a fist in the air. Going down to the ALCS Game 3, I was fraught with all the anticipation of going to a game I had when I was a kid. Friend of a friend works for Bud Selig.

I was working my waitstaff job the night of Game 4, and I was screaming and jumping around in the drink station after Uribe's play for the 3rd out. I'd watched Game 2 of the ALCS about a week or so beforehand, that dropped third strike on that fuzzy little piece of s*** TV came through loud and clear--this was our year. Both occasions, everyone else thought I cut my hand off or something with all the commotion I was making.

Months later, it seems like it all just happened.

Edited by Drew

its odd, because, i get more chills reading peoples reactions and reading about what happened in the game then i do actually watching the highlights over. Because sometimes its not the play its how much tension and everything that was going on, and that's what made it so special. This was the first time in my life i'd ever ever been in anything like this. It was incredible. OH MY GOD was it beautiful