Welcome back Craig Anderson

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
THis team sucks and will suck until the Watzes put the Hawks on TV to rebuild a fan base and get more butts in the seats so they can actually pay for real talent!

Unfortunately, that doesn't quite hold true.

This summer, the Hawks offered MORE money to both Peter Forsberg and Mike Madano, arguably the two best forwards on the market, and both turned down the Chicago offer for less cash. It seems like Chicago has just lost it's luster to the FA market.

For the Hawks to be good, this supposed "deep" defensive corps is going to have to pay dividends. I'd say that as we speak, they're halfway there, with Keith, Seabrook, and a healthy Aucoin. I'd also put Vandermeer in that group, as his play has improved as the season has progressed, and is a nice #4-5 defenseman. So, they just need three of Barker / Barinka / Wisniewski / Byfuglian to pan out. Of course, Babchuk was playing decent hockey, and was traded -- he'd be nice to have back there, but I forgot that the Hawks needed more 'grit' ( :rolly ).