From your keyboard to our monitor...

Rex Kickass

From the thread about Cheney shooting a fellow quail hunter.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Hehe, turns out Cheney was hunting illegally.  He will be issued a warning citation.  (Carries no fine or penalty).  But I can still taunt!

A $7 quail stamp? But, he didn't shoot a quail, he shot a lawyer. How much is that stamp? Or do they pay you?

Another quality post today, this time from the Cubs scam their fans again thread...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 06:45 AM)
-The knothole won't have a view, like the Cubs said it would.

-The Club won't be accessible to "regular" season ticketholders, it will be sold separately as a luxury suite.

-The new bleacher seats will cost $60 or $20 more per game than the regular old bleachers.

-The ballhawks are going to be SOL.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

In a related story, Chicago White Sox marketing director Brooks Boyer announced that the knothole view of the Bullpen Sports Bar and Grill in right field at US Cellular Field will be obscured by the Commissioner's Trophy.

Steve9347 after being informed that the Sox sold out a May 6th game vs Kansas City because of a Fireworks night:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
I dont give a s*** if they blow up an atomic bomb... sold out against the royals?? haha(!)

:lol:

from SSH2005

Barry's real comments:

"I'm not playing baseball anymore after this," Bonds told USA Today in a telephone interview. "The game [isn't] fun anymore without steroids. I'm tired of all of this steroid testing going on. I want to play this year out, hopefully win with the benefit of steroids, and once the season is over, go home and be with my family. Maybe then everybody can just forget that I used steroids."

and then samclemens

jesus, thats an open admission of steroid use. if he ever gets into the hall of fame, i will seriously cry.

:bang

Edited by mr_genius

southsideirish71 channels the spirit of Harry Doyle talking about the Indians new TV network.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1048247

doylrum2.jpg

Harry Doyle "Welcome to local Access TV 44, Wahoo TV central everybody.  We are looking to start another campaign at the Reservation this year against the hated pale hose from the 2nd city.  Today we will have an interview from Japanese pitcher Tadano.  Who appears to be some sort of cult movie star.  We will be showing a few of his clips during the commercials for Big Als Bowl-o-rama. Hey everybody, don't forget about die hard night here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant."

KWs WSCR thread regarding Bobby Jenks' weight and shoulder issues affecting his 2006 closer status - Dick Allen wrote:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
I am not ready to put all my eggs in the Bobby Jenks' basket just yet.

Al Lopez's Ghost responded with the expected Jenks fat joke:

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
Because he would eat them.

:lol: