Jim DeRogatis

The Critic

The nominees are:

Rascal Flatts "Bless The Broken Road"

Bruce Sprinsteen "Devils & Dust"

John Legend "Ordinary People"

U2 "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"

Mariah Carey "We Belong Together"

( by the way, about the nominees..... :puke )

I don't think he was being ironic. Here's his comment:

"Yes, it was a guilty pleasure, but the emphasis is on the pleasure."

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
The nominees are:

ewww, that man saying pleasure makes me cringe. I don't even want to think about him dancing to it.

So basically, it seems that the grammys just looks if springstein, mariah, and U2 have an album out and then put the tracklisting up on the wall, throw a dart one of the songs and nominate it. Pretty hugely boring list. And John Legend, Ugh, he is the most samey, seen before, nothing new artist i've seen in a while. Perfect pick for the oscars.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
The nominees are:

If those are the choices, I'd go with 'Ordinary People'. I haven't heard the rest of his record, but I enjoy that song.

Oh and Fergie has GREAT abs.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
By my calculations, My Humps is the 3rd greatest song of this decade, behind only Kelis' Milkshake and Sisqo's Thong Song.

Then we have 4 years to avoid the dubious title of Worst Musical Decade In The History Of The World.

The Grammy's are the biggest joke in the entertainment industry, even more so than the Oscar's. The problem is that the Grammy's do NOT look for truely great music, they look for big names and big sales. Part of the problem is that there is too many CD's released each year for something like this to keep track of. If I were to put up my list of who I think put out the best "Rock" song last year, pretty much the entire country would sit there and scratch their heads. The Grammy's are nothing more than a way for the record labels to push for more sales, and for the record labels to stroke each other. They make the Oscar's look REALLY good and like they really know what they are doing.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
The Grammy's are the biggest joke in the entertainment industry, even more so than the Oscar's. The problem is that the Grammy's do NOT look for truely great music, they look for big names and big sales. Part of the problem is that there is too many CD's released each year for something like this to keep track of. If I were to put up my list of who I think put out the best "Rock" song last year, pretty much the entire country would sit there and scratch their heads. The Grammy's are nothing more than a way for the record labels to push for more sales, and for the record labels to stroke each other. They make the Oscar's look REALLY good and like they really know what they are doing.

still...i find it even hard to believe that they listen to that many albums. I listened to 105 albums last year, granted not all 05 releases. And yet its basically the same artists that win over and over again. haha, best example, remember when santana won all those grammys for that gross album with a bunch of guest singers a couple of years ago...corporate rock = grammys. Its as simple as that. At least the oscars show some semblance of movies that take risks in their craft...can anyone say that about any of these artists?